It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of unarmed - Ashley Babbit - Trump Protester at the US Capitol - getting shot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
To me she looks unarmed and not a huge threat. I guess that might be difficult to assess from the inside chamber.

Q. How do you avoid being shot and killed storming the US Capitol Building?

A. Don't storm the US Capitol Building.

There is a reason the security have weapons, and its supposed to be to protect the building.

Said it elsewhere - if that mob had got anywhere near Pence or Pelosi, the body count would have been higher.

No sympathy.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

What a difference some melanin makes.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

These guys were the ones defending the house chamber..

www.thegazette.com...

And a statement from the chief..

twitter.com...
edit on 9/1/21 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
I know these hypothetical questions are useless, but if that were an Antifa or a Black Lives Matter person, I can bet a large majority here would applaud the shooting

They wouldn't even need to be a BLM or Antifa activist. They wouldn't need to be storming the Capitol.

They could just be minding their own business at home.

It's not what they do or where they are.

It's whether today's talking points say they deserved it or not.

It's what colour they are.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Littlebatman

You can be more specific..don’t try to climb into the house chamber where members of Congress are holed up.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I hope at some point you self reflect on what you said and realize the gravity of that statement.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
I know these hypothetical questions are useless, but if that were an Antifa or a Black Lives Matter person, I can bet a large majority here would applaud the shooting

They wouldn't even need to be a BLM or Antifa activist. They wouldn't need to be storming the Capitol.

They could just be minding their own business at home.

It's not what they do or where they are.

It's whether today's talking points say they deserved it or not.

It's what colour they are.
Maybe the most racist thing I’ve ever read on here in my entire time.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   
So judging by the comments here, the homeowners should have shot the BLM lot after all when they were tresspassing, burning and looting.
Should have told those worried homeowners who were ridiculed even just holding a gun.
Thanks, now we know what the correct procedure is.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

I will accept this statement if you agree that people should have been able to open fire on the mobs burning and looting our cities across the country for the last year, which NEVER happened.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Goodie! Three snuff films in one!!!

What could possibly be more fun than watching an unarmed woman killed in cold blood from three -- THREE!!! -- different angles???

Making ATS Great Again... yeah, that's it.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm not cheering. Not at all.

If you storm the Capitol, expect you might get shot.

Break into a business or home, expect you might get shot.

Try and run over a cop with a car, you might get shot.

Try and kidnap someone's kid, you might get shot.

And so on and so forth.

You think the rest of us like that fact this woman is dead? Not me. But she felt she could go into the Capitol like that? We don't. I wish she was still here to enjoy her family and friends. But she is not. Why? Because she's a traitor, stormed the Capitol, and GOT SHOT. I had absolutely nothing to do with it. It's all on HER.

a reply to: slatesteam

edit on 9-1-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

Ok, but here is something I find suspicious:

The audio recording of the event was very clear (first video).

I did not hear anyone shout any warnings. My guess is that if after she climbed through the portal and saw an officer with a gun aimed right at her she would put her hands up or say something to express she had no intention of attacking the officer. And if the officer on top of pointing the gun at her yelled any warning she *certainly* would have put her hands up and surrendered.

What the situation looked like is that she was not even aware that a gun was pointed at her and she was shot without any warning.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I’m not posting this for entertainment but for serious discussion and analysis.
edit on 9-1-2021 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I'm not cheering. Not at all.

If you storm the Capitol, expect you might get shot.

Break into a business or home, expect you might get shot.

Try and run over a cop with a car, you might get shot.

Try and kidnap someone's kid, you might get shot.

And so on and so forth.

You think the rest of us like that fact this woman is dead? Not me. But she felt she could go into the Capitol like that? We don't. I wish she was still here to enjoy her family and friends. But she is not. Why? Because she's a traitor, stormed the Capitol, and GOT SHOT. I had absolutely nothing to do with it. It's all on HER.

Nah. I call BS. You called her a traitor.

So no red herrings for you bud.

What are the other people that deserve to die in your hypothetical black and white world called?

Also: your response kinda sounds like those folks that would love to love their biological child (and TOTALLY would), but just can’t!

Because ya know: they’re gay.

Edit: just curious so I know which dehumanizing adjective to use to denigrate someone right before/after they are killed.

Justifiably of course
edit on 9-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Boadicea

I’m not posting this for entertainment but for serious discussion and analysis.

Please. What is there to discuss about these films other than all the gory and titillating details of her murder? She's dead. She was shot in cold blood while committing an act of civil disobedience in one of the best guarded places in the world (for good reason). The bullet struck her, entered her body, and inflicted lethal damage. It's pretty damn clear cut.

What is worth discussing -- all the legal and criminal liabilities and implications, both for the one who pulled the trigger and those who went rogue -- are not dependent on this snuff film. Also worth discussing is exactly who is the killer? In what capacity was he at the Capitol? What authority did he have to use lethal force in these circumstances? How and why did he feel it necessary and proper to shoot this woman at that time? What imminent threat did this woman pose to him and/or others?

Further, whatever your intentions, however noble and honorable (if at all), others will do with it what they will. And there are some very sick puppies in this world...

This woman screwed up big time, and paid the ultimate price. There is no good reason to dance on her grave.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I called her a traitor because that's what she is. Disagree if you like. That's MY opinion.

Get it, it's not your opinion, it's mine, and frankly, a lot of people agree with me.

And what's with you guys? I told you how I felt, and you denied I felt that way. You know more about what's going on in my brain than I do? LOL! And this is why you guys lose arguments. I was clear. I feel for this woman's family and her. But she got what was coming to her.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Edit: just curious so I know which dehumanizing adjective to use to denigrate someone right before/after they are killed.

Use the one Trump uses..."animal".

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Whilst her death was sad, it was avoidable.

She’s not the first unharmed U.S citizen to be shot by the Police.

What makes this more outrageous than the other deaths? The fact she was female, the colour of her skin, because she was protesting something you agree with?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Doesn’t matter armed or unarmed.
When you are breaking and entering with a mob, and you climb through a barricade, you tempt fate.

The Democrats in StLouis said pointing a gun at a mob of protesters was a felony.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I see everywhere that this protest seems somehow worse than the other protest throughout the year. I don't get this logic because to me it's protesting at the source of the issue. The capital building, white house, supreme courts are the sources of what all sides protest. Systemic racism is enabled by unfair laws that disproportionately affect one community over the other. The election process and its lack of transparency (seemingly by design) are the product of years of legislation.

Congress has maintained an approval rating of less than 20 percent as far back as I can remember yet it's off-limits for the protest to erupt there. These protests should be celebrated not scorn as for the first time in a long time the perpetrators of misguided, racist, corrupt legislation are front and center.

Ultimately in the grand scheme of things congress has controlled the direction of the country in the long term. Presidents come and go every four to eight years with much of their doing being undone by the next guy. Think about it the longest appointed supreme court justice served for close to 33 years. In comparison, some members have been In congress for more than 30 years.

Remember right before senator Lewis passed there were exposure and subsequent hiding of the list of settled assault cases paid for by the taxpayer and yet it was covered right back up. Folks look at the president as the end all be all of the problems with government but look to the congress and the 2 parties of the perpetrators of all that is wrong with our country.

This protest should be seen as similar to the insurrection of throwing the tea overboard to strike those who misuse their elected office to oppress and extort from the masses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join