It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Of The Men Carrying ZipTies In The Capitol Is A Retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Both men carrying zip ties in the Capitol have been identified. One a bartender from Nashville was outed on Twitter tonight. The other is a retired Air Force Vet. He claims he went to just show his support, that he saw no violence and he found the zip ties on the floor and was looking to return them to the police.

He claims he was never in the Speakers office, although video indicates otherwise. He likely faces a slew of charges. His family had been concerned at his shift in political beliefs as he had become more radical and believe the white supremacist views were troubling.

He states he only wore tactical gear to protect himself from BLM and Antifa.

In an interview, Brock confirmed that he was the man in the photos and videos. He denied that he held racist views and echoed Trump’s baseless claims of election fraud, saying that he derived his understanding of the matter principally from social media. 

New Yorker

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I don't think it matters now

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Personally carrying zip ties without a permit.

It's worse then Hitler!!!!

ZOMFG!!!!

I find it SO hilarious that the media winds you up and you spend a lot of time clapping the cymbals, spinning around and screaming like the good monkey you are...

Bravo!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm slightly confused. What is the significance of carrying zipties? Why is this considered a crime or offence, or even news?

Aren't they simply used for "tying things together" in a general home application?

Genuine question.
edit on 9-1-2021 by Kreeate because: clarify

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Am I supposed to be phased or intimidated by your condescension? A violent attack on the Capitol while announcing the electoral votes, with the VP there, with a crowd chanting to hang the VP, and when the building is stormed there are men with zip ties?

After another group had planned to kidnap a governor and put her on "trial"?

You come with Hitler, hilarious and I'm a monkey?Seriously?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

They are also used to constrain people? Used by police? I mean it's possible he was going to use them to fix things while he was there I suppose, but unlikely.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Hmm, you are quite the hypocrite.

Screaming and carrying on about how liberty is lost blah blah blah.

Those cuffs are to detain people, to deprive someone of their liberty.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

They are also used to constrain people? Used by police? I mean it's possible he was going to use them to fix things while he was there I suppose, but unlikely.

You can also use rope, string, plastic shopping bags, electric cable and a multitude of other things to "constrain" people. Carrying zipties is not a crime.

Your thread title may as well have been:

One Of The Men Wearing Jeans In The Capitol Is A Retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel
edit on 9-1-2021 by Kreeate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It was the first thing that my husband noticed while watching videos of the attack. He's a strategist, instantly he responded, they were going to take hostages. My corpsman cried for our nation, was overcome with grief caused by these scenes.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Am I supposed to be phased or intimidated by your condescension? A violent attack on the Capitol while announcing the electoral votes, with the VP there, with a crowd chanting to hang the VP, and when the building is stormed there are men with zip ties?

After another group had planned to kidnap a governor and put her on "trial"?

You come with Hitler, hilarious and I'm a monkey?Seriously?

No, I'm right with you here Bro.

I personally think that if you show up at a Lowe's checkout with zip ties, you should just be shot right there.

Because obviously you are either a weird twisted BDSM person or a human trafficker.

There is no other uses for zip ties at all besides obviously nefarious things.

I have no idea why we have not banned them yet in the US.

I hope that President Harris will make it a top priority!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Someone corrected me. In photos you can determine they are not household ZipTies, but flexicuffs.

I don't imagine carrying a bunch of zip ties or maybe even flexicuffs are a crime in itself. However why are they necessary when trying to intercede in an electoral process?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It is if you posted online that you plan to go and take people out of the building

originally posted by: Kreeate

You can also use rope, string, plastic shopping bags, electric cable and a multitude of other things to "constrain" people. Carrying zipties is not a crime.

Your thread title may as well have been:

One Of The Men Wearing Jeans In The Capitol Is A Retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel

edit on 9-1-2021 by MayRenee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I like to use zip ties for cable management.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I'm not a bro as I am not male. Zip ties in general would not usually be any issue at all. Zip ties or flexicuffs when you storm the capital could be considered suspicious. When we already know there are some groups who already planned to perform their own justice on other government officials.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

They are great for that I agree.
Do you think he was planning on getting all the cables out of the way for them? Needed them all evacuated so he could work?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I'm not a bro as I am not male. Zip ties in general would not usually be any issue at all. Zip ties or flexicuffs when you storm the capital could be considered suspicious. When we already know there are some groups who already planned to perform their own justice on other government officials.

You are correct that some of the individuals had plastic restrain zip cuffs (not zip ties) but it’s also being reported that they didn’t brought them. They broke into Capitol Police equipment bags and got them from there. Don’t know if it makes any difference but at least those are the reports I’m seeing.
edit on 9-1-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Someone corrected me. In photos you can determine they are not household ZipTies, but flexicuffs.

I don't imagine carrying a bunch of zip ties or maybe even flexicuffs are a crime in itself. However why are they necessary when trying to intercede in an electoral process?

I'll concede... It is unusual to carry them in that instance.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

I had not encountered any articles stating that, so I'll take a look for the reports. It still makes no sense as to why you would take flexicuffs,unlike zip ties which they first appeared to be, cuffs only have one use.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   

edit on 9-1-2021 by Kreeate because: brain burp

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You wouldn’t use what they’re carrying for cable management.

They are purpose made cuffs

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join