It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deactivated my Twitter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: fworkman
a reply to: smurfy
I respectfully disagree smurfy. President Trump was not elected for feelz or to act "presidential". What does that mean to be a proper President to you? The American people tired of the back door deals and pay-for-play foolishness. We want(ed) a President that actually looks out for the Nations best interest and the interest of the people.
I truly believe the 2020 election was dishonestly fixed for now President elect Biden.

It doesn't matter what, 'you believe' when it originates out of the Trump orifice, a known organ of a prolific liar, who doesn't even care that he lies...as long as some, 'special people' (in his eyes) do believe...so, where does that leave you?

My God, I believe that Trump has special needs himself, and that to believe anything he says, is dangerous....that's kinda proving true by the looks of things.
As for the twitter account, it's run by a private company..with T's and C's as is ATS...comfortable with that, with ATS?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut
I use as many sources as I can for alternate news sources. Including ATS. Perhaps I may be ignorant but why was using Twitter not a valid news source chr0naut? I do not take anything as total truth and use as many sources as I can to try to weed through the narrative to determine truth. I look at MSM, left leaning, right leaning, and as many in between as I can find.

What do you consider as a valid alternative news source?

You cannot expect social media to provide you with real news because people can say outrageous lies, without even the slightest basis in truth or fact, and totally un-evidenced, and no-one will ever back-check, or even particularly disagree.

The normal rules of libel, false accusation, slander, and defamation, have no teeth at all for any social media. Hence, anyone can get away with saying anything, totally unrestrained.

And social media generates more volume of 'likes', 'retweets' or other affirmations based not upon veracity, but upon the outrageousness and emotional appeal of posted material. Hence a good lie is 1,000,000 times more effective than a boring truth.

Couple that with people desirous to slander others, and self promote, according to their own agendas, and who therefore become 'social influencers' on the platform, then that means that any sort of truthful content is marginalized, shouted-down and negated by the loudest of the liars.

This means that all social media has become worse for truth or veracity than the "Weekly World News", but that the general public seems unaware of it and instead accepts the throw-away's of the trash-talkers.

I usually assume that if something is posted on social media, it is immensely more likely to be a lie than the truth, especially if the original poster is popular, too. It is the only rational conclusion.

As for valid alternative news sources, I would suggest Al-Jazeera, The Economist, China Business Times, and, being a New Zealander, Radio New Zealand news.

But there is a whole stack of sites with reputable, accredited, and usually awarded, professional journalists. Chances are, if you are going to hear truthful and credible news, they are the ones who will have it, not those preferred in some anonymous propagandist post on social media.

edit on 9/1/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Not to mention that a lot of people use it to get work. They set up a page showing off whatever it is they do, people can see their talent, then get in touch. I have gotten a majority of my work through word of mouth/social media for over a decade.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good for you Patriot. We all need to unplug from corporations.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
and the list is growing

Rush, Lou Dobbs, Mark Levin, and Greg Gutfeld leaving this fascist platform.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I have deactivated my Twitter account. I did not contribute anything on Twitter but did use it as an alternative news source.
I am appalled at the actions of Twitter to censor and ban the President of the United States

I am also considering leaving Facebook. Not quite there yet as I have many friends and family I stay in touch with via FB.

I hope a good alternative for FB and Twitter can come up to comparable levels.

Does anyone know how to follow President Trump outside of Twitter. Can you please help me and provide a link?

I hope the best for all during this very surreal time.

I’ve been following you for a very long time on Twitter and I have found you to be an astute and wise man. I think it’s fair to say thousands will mourn your loss when you’ve gone. I’ve just emailed Twitter asking for them to publish some sort of obituary to mark your passing, I will let you know when they get back to me. I have a few pictures I’ve forwarded to them to mark the event. I hope other Twitter users will join us for this sad occasion and that you find greener pastures (Preferably not inhabited by vikings!! Haha, just a little joke old boy.) elsewhere.
edit on 10-1-2021 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I also left Twitter and Instagram (owned by Facebook) yesterday. I will leave Facebook after I find a good way to contact distant family. As soon my orders arrive, I will be dropping my Amazon Prime account. I am only 1 small droplet but I will not be part of any of these corrupt monopolies. I hope many others leave as well. Google, Amazon, Apple, YouTube, Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and the media have too much power over what we see.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
and the list is growing

Rush, Lou Dobbs, Mark Levin, and Greg Gutfeld leaving this fascist platform.

Propagandist scumbags leaving? Oh no!

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have a cousin in the country music business in Nashville but also west coast. People in country are automatically considered to be Trump supporters and they threats are going through the roof. Death threats and you name it. They plan on shutting down all music except ???

Interesting times ahead. He's headed back to his family farm to help set up security on it then headed to Nashville to hunker down.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fworkman

Free your Body , Free Your Mind , Free your Heart ...................

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It should be obvious to all who is behind this. CIA !!! They have been rouge for decades. They went after Trump for Hillary because the Clinton's are their robots that do anything for money. Hillary would have been President not Joe and just like Obama she was the one calling the shots behind the scene. They made the deal at the Bilderburg meeting the year Obama was allowed to run and Hillary backed out. He had the votes but he would have had an accident if they did not agree at the Bilderburg meeting and no Dementia Joe would not have been making any decisions lol.

Facebook has always been a CIA app to know everything about everyone.

Google and Apple were forced to play along time ago.

The war against the people has started, they want their one world government and currency. The central bank is collapsing and they expect us to play their game but Trump was not going to allow that crap.

We all need to fight for our President and one of the best things we can do is give the middle finger to all those brain draining apps. Pick up the phone and call if you want to know what your friends and family are up to.

President Trump still holds all the cards and the Dumbacrats are freaking out knowing that he has Nancys laptops. The deep state is going to do a lot of bad things to try and stay in control but we hold the power not them.

Stay safe my friends, God is on our side and the truth always wins in the end.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

You cannot expect social media to provide you with real news because people can say outrageous lies, without even the slightest basis in truth or fact, and totally un-evidenced, and no-one will ever back-check, or even particularly disagree.

I would deactivate my Twitter account if I had one...lol

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
I don't see the point of joining any social networking service unless you're a 12 year old girl trying to make friends (albeit superficial ones) around the world.

I don't know what I'm supposed to be missing.

I agree, never joined any of them and I still keep up with Family. I don't need to see a selfie from everyone every day!

I am proud that many People I know are dropping FB and twitter!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
a reply to: fworkman

I think this is one of the best and a nonviolent way to send a clear message to the world.

Come on guys, your President was just banned. Send a message!

It is way more than that. It is control of information, and they are doing the same to many not just the President.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Y'all hating on social media realize that ATS is....... Social Media?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: gortex
This is a fair statement gortex and I actually agree with you. It is a difficult decision for me to leave FB and I am weighing my options at present. I am reviewing what other platforms are offering and may follow through in the very near future once a decision is made.

Many are heading to
mewe.com...
www.clouthub.com...
gab.com...

Every major social media platform has been accused of censorship and violating user privacy.

CloutHub is a non-biased platform. We support free speech and protect your privacy. We don't data-mine, track, or sell user data. We don't suppress your reach or manipulate what you get to see. We empower our members to influence the issues they care about.

Gab promo interview HERE

Other options
makeawebsitehub.com...

Cancelled Amazon Prime yesterday

There is some money to be made in the phone market with Apple and Google banning free speech as well. Maybe Sony will step up.
edit on 12-1-2021 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Why bother with things like Twitter?

He just put up his own website and speak his mind from there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join