It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deactivated my Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
Twitter still says I need to install Twitter to view tweets.

...are we winning?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
I don't see the point of joining any social networking service unless you're a 12 year old girl trying to make friends (albeit superficial ones) around the world.

I don't know what I'm supposed to be missing.

Whatsapp was good for free calls and messages when you want to save talktime.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk
Do not get discouraged. I have read many posts from the veteran posters here and they are not swayed by disagreeable comments. They engage and educate. It is like a battle of wits. Truth always wins.

I am so pleased and proud of the ATS community. The debate is healthy and educational. Thank you all for all you contribute to this wonderful place.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: fworkman
reply to: HalWesten
I did look at Parler but do not know which account is truly his.
I would like to continue to follow President Trump - at least until his term is complete.

I have been searching tonight and I don't see him. Don Jr, Ivanka and others are on there though, but there is so much of a delay right now I'm having a hard time seeing their feeds.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: fworkman
See, now you're a delight to have around.

Thank you for posting.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

originally posted by: HalWesten
Why bother? Nothing he does or says will be relevant in two weeks. He supposedly has an active Parler account but I don't know if it's real or not.

So you think his relevancy will just turn off? The man was able to get a standing army to show up and scared the wits out of the entire Congress. He woke them up to what just his words can do and now they are running scared, screaming immediately impeached him! They know in these last days he could release all kinds of hell.
They are terrified with what he’ll say next and they are also stupid to think it will just end with his presidency.

Well, yeah. Once he's out of office he can rile people up all he wants but he will have little protection for doing so and no power to do anything. If he does get people to cause problems it can come down on him hard from a legal standpoint. As a staunch supporter for him since 2015 I wish he hadn't ruined his chances for a second term but here we are. There isn't a lot he can do now, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Thank you burntheships. I am reviewing the link now. Wow... very slow loading. Infrastructure not there yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fworkman
I have deactivated my Twitter account. I did not contribute anything on Twitter but did use it as an alternative news source.
I am appalled at the actions of Twitter to censor and ban the President of the United States

I am also considering leaving Facebook. Not quite there yet as I have many friends and family I stay in touch with via FB.

I hope a good alternative for FB and Twitter can come up to comparable levels.

Does anyone know how to follow President Trump outside of Twitter. Can you please help me and provide a link?

I hope the best for all during this very surreal time.

Is it possible that you could walk back on Trump behaviour over the years..(maybe even before he became a President) it might bring you to a new understanding at this time. By his own volition, Trump made, 'just because' a moot proposition, a real and proper President would be inclusive of everybody.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
I respectfully disagree smurfy. President Trump was not elected for feelz or to act "presidential". What does that mean to be a proper President to you? The American people tired of the back door deals and pay-for-play foolishness. We want(ed) a President that actually looks out for the Nations best interest and the interest of the people.
I truly believe the 2020 election was dishonestly fixed for now President elect Biden.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Deactivated mine just now.

Never used it really.

I dumped Facebook a few years ago once they started deplatforming people. Never really used that one either.

Complaining about these companies and still using them does nothing. 75 million people should pull the pin on them now. That would hit them hard.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff
Good for you NorthOfStuff! I hope many more deactivate their accounts too. I hope it is a huge number that drops off. Making a statement that we do not follow the sheep and I hope it gets real for them.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I think this is one of the best and a nonviolent way to send a clear message to the world.

Come on guys, your President was just banned. Send a message!

edit on 1 8 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I was banned from Twitter the first day i signed up. Why you might ask? Because I put my password in incorrectly to many times. Never gave a crap enough to fix it, lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I have no idea why any Trump supporter would remain on Twitter. I guess they just can't give up those thousands of bots following them.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Like Biden and Kamala have been by making a list.

Has Biden denounced the rabid media labeling half a country as traitors?

How many apartments with families inside were set on fire wednesday?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Why bother? Nothing he does or says will be relevant in two weeks. He supposedly has an active Parler account but I don't know if it's real or not.

So you think his relevancy will just turn off? The man was able to get a standing army to show up and scared the wits out of the entire Congress. He woke them up to what just his words can do and now they are running scared, screaming immediately impeached him! They know in these last days he could release all kinds of hell.
They are terrified with what he’ll say next and they are also stupid to think it will just end with his presidency.

Do I sense admiration in this post?

I would call it realization. Do you know anyone today who can ask that many people to show up and surround a federal building with Congress inside?

70 million people believe the election is rigged and want justice going into a new presidency.

Scary times.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Hopefully, they will think hard about it and make the right decision. It may be a sacrifice to deactivate after building a sizable following.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Do I sense admiration in this post?

I would call it realization. Do you know anyone today who can ask that many people to show up and surround a federal building with Congress inside?

70 million people believe the election is rigged and want justice going into a new presidency.

Scary times.

Well it was rigged.

Forget about it, I don't want to be accused of being a rabble rouser/edit.
edit on 812021 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)
damn
edit on 812021 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I have deactivated my Twitter account. I did not contribute anything on Twitter but did use it as an alternative news source.
I am appalled at the actions of Twitter to censor and ban the President of the United States

I am also considering leaving Facebook.

I'm sure you will be greatly missed.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If you've already had a Facebook or Twitter account it may be too late to delete them.

They've already got our beliefs and faces catalogued from social media, so if we ever attend a protest be prepared to risk your job for it.

Should've worn more V for Vendetta masks or at least N95's at the Capitol protests.

Tsk. Tsk.

For preventative measures, it may be wise to invest in VPNs and LAN line phones. Keep our high tech toys to a minimum so they don't sell us out.

Social media and smart phones are a very clever and effective tool for Big Brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join