It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laptop stolen from Pelosi's office during storming of U.S. Capitol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well when I first seen the image of the computer with pelosi's emails open on it, I wondered if anything had come of it or anyone had happened to snag them in some way.

Well it seems like someone jacked a whole laptop belonging to her.

Would be interesting to see any potential leaks that may come from that.

www.reuters.com...

A laptop was stolen from the office of U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi during the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, one of her aides said on Friday.

Drew Hammill, an aide to Democrat Pelosi, said on Twitter that the laptop belonged to a conference room and was used for presentations. He declined to offer further details.

Senator Jeff Merkley, a Democrat, said on Twitter that a laptop was taken from his office. On Thursday, Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin said that some of the thefts might have potentially jeopardized what he described as “national security equities.”

“We just don’t know the extent of that damage at this point,” he said.

The demonstrators who broke into the Capitol posted several photographs of themselves using congressional phones and various other devices. One reporter with the right-wing outlet Blaze posted a photograph of what purported to be a computer from Pelosi’s office with emails “still on the screen.”

Now a little more on the conspiracy side, makes you wonder if some of that stuff may have actually been targets from the beginning and whether some of this may have been orchestrated to gain access to those devices.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No wonder she's got her panties in such a wad. Either it really was stolen and there's embarrassing stuff on it, or the storming was a convenient excuse to have it "disappeared" and now she plays outrage queen.

Interesting too how no one locked their computers as they left. It's not like that takes a lot of time.
edit on 8-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It does make you wonder.

Probably email after email on how the Dems are going to impeach Trump.

And enforce the wearing of masks.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Since Antifa members disguised as Trump supporters got into the Cap building and tried to set it on fire, it could be possible, but seems unlikely.

I say this knowing full well that i have the laptop and I'm not giving it back.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There is most certainly video footage that would show us who grabbed it. But... just like the video footage that would have exonerated the police that detained a non-compliant George Floyd before he OD'd by consuming his drugs to avoid a possession charge (second time in two years) AND nipped riots in the bud... the evidence will not be available until long after the damage has been done.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

emails sent back and forth patting each other on the back for the steal will be leaked shortly.

just a cover, she'll claim that they are forged not even having a clue how emails can be traced. bilary should have sent her a link for bleach bit.

edit on 8-1-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I don't think anything gleaned from a stolen laptop is going to be given much consideration. How can you even prove any leaked information came from the laptop, and then, you're incriminating yourself by releasing it.

I'm sorry, but they are no better than ANTIFA/BLM if they stole things during their "protests".

I've been very firm on my observation of the double standards in the media in analyzing the Capitol "storming" versus the "2020 Summer of Love Riots", but stealing is stealing. Looting is looting. I must and will be consistent in that regard.

Stealing private property is wrong, irrespective of whether you steal it from a wretched human being or wonderful one.

Having said that, I'm betting Olive Oyle's laptop wasn't even encrypted. I guess we'll find out shortly.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Could we please not speak of Pelosis panties....I know, I know, it depends.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Blaze posted a photograph of what purported to be a computer from Pelosi’s office with emails “still on the screen.”

Thought that they would have stolen the CPU tower. But a laptop could be as damaging.

link   

Have you seen the photo of the laptops stolen from the capitol? There are so many of them, it had to be a pre-planned operation.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Could we please not speak of Pelosis panties....I know, I know, it depends.

Pelosi Always Speax about it, and no matter how much you don't want to hear, she will Prevail.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
There is most certainly video footage that would show us who grabbed it. But... just like the video footage that would have exonerated the police that detained a non-compliant George Floyd before he OD'd by consuming his drugs to avoid a possession charge (second time in two years) AND nipped riots in the bud... the evidence will not be available until long after the damage has been done.

Hopefully
There will be more arrests, domestic terrorism is not funny. Plenty of video and still photos available. Lots of arrests will be made. The public is working on IDing these morons, as well as the usual alphabet agencies.

Maybe we’ll get to see 45 take a perp walk! Lol

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The laptops and desktops were synced to the cloud. That is how congressmen are able to work, no matter where they go on the planet.

Things have come a long way since Hillary's bathroom closet server, lol.

edit on 1/8/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If these high level government officials are storing sensitive data on un-encrypted devices, then at minimum they should be getting a slap on the wrist, if not officially censured.

It defies explanation how people with the (self) importance and responsibility they have can't be bothered to take adequate security precautions. There is simply no excuse for members of Congress not having their official work PCs being locked down, from a data integrity and security perspective. And that goes equally for BOTH parties.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Thought that they would have stolen the CPU tower. But a laptop could be as damaging.

Most corporate computers these days are laptops with a docking station at the desk that includes an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I would expect politician computer setups are along the same lines for ease of use and portability. The "CPU tower" in this case was probably a laptop.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Blaze posted a photograph of what purported to be a computer from Pelosi’s office with emails “still on the screen.”

Calling it a revolution. Dimwits

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Being a conspiracy site, I'll throw this out there as well.

I heard that in addition to the Antifa people there to stir the pot, there was a small team from the pro-Trump side sent in to get the laptop and other devices in order to secure evidence. If they did manage to get the evidence, it seems it is of no use unless Trump has one last Ace up his sleeve. (ya ya unlikely but, again, this IS a conspiracy site)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
All the folks who entered the Capital and took pictures are 100% stupid.

Did any of them really think they were going to get away with what they did?

Beyond stupid.

SMH

link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: chadderson

Hopefully
There will be more arrests, domestic terrorism is not funny. Plenty of video and still photos available. Lots of arrests will be made. The public is working on IDing these morons, as well as the usual alphabet agencies.

Maybe we’ll get to see 45 take a perp walk! Lol

Hopefully anyone committing a crime in the Capitol buildings is identified and punished.

But HMMMMMMMMMm wonder how much "public" effort went into identifying arsonists, thieves, and people committing physical assault over the riots in 2020.

It'll be interesting, when the dust settles, to compare the number of arrests for property damage/assault/theft from this single few hours of unrest on Wednesday, versus 6 months of unrest last year. An interesting study in the even application of "justice"

link   

originally posted by: dug88
Well when I first seen the image of the computer with pelosi's emails open on it, I wondered if anything had come of it or anyone had happened to snag them in some way.

Well it seems like someone jacked a whole laptop belonging to her.

Would be interesting to see any potential leaks that may come from that.

www.reuters.com...

A laptop was stolen from the office of U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi during the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, one of her aides said on Friday.

Drew Hammill, an aide to Democrat Pelosi, said on Twitter that the laptop belonged to a conference room and was used for presentations. He declined to offer further details.

Senator Jeff Merkley, a Democrat, said on Twitter that a laptop was taken from his office. On Thursday, Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin said that some of the thefts might have potentially jeopardized what he described as “national security equities.”

“We just don’t know the extent of that damage at this point,” he said.

The demonstrators who broke into the Capitol posted several photographs of themselves using congressional phones and various other devices. One reporter with the right-wing outlet Blaze posted a photograph of what purported to be a computer from Pelosi’s office with emails “still on the screen.”

Now a little more on the conspiracy side, makes you wonder if some of that stuff may have actually been targets from the beginning and whether some of this may have been orchestrated to gain access to those devices.

Im not saying there is no evidence on that lap top... but i find it ironic that REP dismiss the whole Muller report because of irregularity on the Fisa application...saying it was illegally obtained information.

and now cheering for it...its a little ironic and hypocrite...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join