It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'people' might rise up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Which one is it? A weak pathetic insurrection or the next pearl harbor?

You've already picked your outrage.

I don't agree with this event at all but it's quite obvious people have selective outrage. Bunch of tribes waving sticks

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
And let’s look at the numbers; Trump got 74,000,000 votes, but we’ve got 330,000,000 people in the country. That’s 256,000,000 people that want absolutely nothing to do with that bull# and that’s assuming that everyone who voted for Trump DOES want to get involved. I think at the end of the day, the numbers of people who will “rise up”, will be FAR smaller than 74,000,000.

The question becomes how many of those will take it very seriously and paint their faces while wearing an animal skin? It's like political soccer hooliganism.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
Which one is it? A weak pathetic insurrection or the next pearl harbor?

Where did I bring up Pearl Harbor? You confused?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Actually if things were to remain sane what would probably happen is the Democrats have basically a year and a half to get the economy turned around and end the lockdowns and virus related stuff. But it's usually a given the party with the presidency loses seats in the midterms. So if they don't hit the ground running trying to fix everything they been running into the ground the past 2 years they are going to see major losses in the House and Senate. The Biden/Harris great depression of 2022 is not going to be kind.

The last two years of the Kamala Presidency will be a nightmare for her when congress goes Republican. As for the Republicans if they have any hope to win the Presidency or even dogcatcher again they need to work on election reform. The last election was a farce but if they let the Dems steal the Presidency then Congressional seats are next. And the rank and file won't turn out and vote if they get the impression it doesn't matter.

Why have Democrat light when they can force the hard stuff?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Antipathy17
The election was stolen and we're letting the babies cry it out first.

What does that have to do with the Capitol Police, National Guard and FBI?

You mean if they were on the job right?

edit on 8-1-2021 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: MykeNukem

Since you brought him up.

“those in the cheap seats clap, the rest of you just rattle your jewelry”
-Lennon

We're all just in the cheap seats.

edit on 1/8/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I'm noticing that a lot of these issues are going Global. Especially with the Covid mess mixed in.

The world is watching America....sort of like a pressure gauge. We know, as goes America, sooner or later, so goes the world.

I think you're right -- both about the global nature of so many of these issues, and that the world follows the USA... and that's for better and worse.

But it's all the more reason we -- as in the citizens, We The People -- need to find peaceful, lawful and just reforms. And that is done through respectful dialogue and engagement, and of course our lawmaking processes. Other nations don't have a second amendment, making peaceful reform their only hope.

We need Velvet Revolutions all over the world.

I just gave the Velvet Revolution a look over.

Absolutely inspiring.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777
At least USA citizens are armed and have the capacity to overthrow government. That's a good thing.

I would not be surprised if the people rise up against the government.

They are protected under the constitution. Maybe the fore fathers wrote it down in the constitution knowing it would be needed one day. People power.

In Australia, we have no such protection.

It's unprecedented but I feel with the recent protests, it's possible and it could happen.

Let’s hope the US do not have a Civil War as China will use it as an excuse to invade Taiwan followed quickly by invading Australia.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
You mean if they were on the job right?

And the National Guard. Who runs those guys?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And the National Guard. Who runs those guys?

I'm just trying to understand how you can be so sure of anything
that is going on right now. I know damn well you're smart enough not
to listen to MSM? Right?
edit on 8-1-2021 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LastWatcher
LARPing? So this was a game to them? Lol, keep that nonsense in AOL chats man...

Have you seen some of the videos? The ones where the Toytown Rebel Army looked genuinely shocked that they were facing armed opposition?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

The military wouldn't be the target of a populace uprising. Do you think they will fire on their own citizens, potentially friends and family? Are you paying attention?

I don't think you grasp the point of all that training in the military.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: PurpleFox

The military wouldn't be the target of a populace uprising. Do you think they will fire on their own citizens, potentially friends and family? Are you paying attention?

I don't think you grasp the point of all that training in the military.

I don't think you know very many members of the Armed Forces.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Have you even asked yourself how in the hell the crowd was even
allowed near the Capitol building? When their counting the vote
no less? I mean really? That's one of the first questions I had. i
couldn't believe that sh^t. I still don't?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The Democrats will ruin the country all on their own and will have to fight their own. I will never vote again. No need to waste my time on an illegitimate election. If the radical right wingers were smart they would go undercover and cause chaos within their own party like the radicals on the left do so often.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Drucifer
And let’s look at the numbers; Trump got 74,000,000 votes, but we’ve got 330,000,000 people in the country. That’s 256,000,000 people that want absolutely nothing to do with that bull# and that’s assuming that everyone who voted for Trump DOES want to get involved. I think at the end of the day, the numbers of people who will “rise up”, will be FAR smaller than 74,000,000.

The question becomes how many of those will take it very seriously and paint their faces while wearing an animal skin? It's like political soccer hooliganism.

Sh*t, if they spring this while my wife and I are in the bedroom, they’re gonna think I want to participate with them. Maybe I can use my cartoon, outrage-inducing, 10’ Danish penis to help quell the situation.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

President Trump is rising up. He's not attending Joe Biden's illegal swearing in.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

You are assuming every citizen in the nation voted.

Around 150 million, give or take a few, is close to the total number of voters in the last presidential election.

And of the 100 plus million that didn't, it's anybodys guess who they may or may not support. Those folks, I suspect, may not be as anti-Trump as some think.

That might make the whole thing a bit more potentially explosive, assuming they could be bothered to actually participate.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Well we already know how to contain and direct them.

By the magical powers of

purple rope

Heres the thing...

A bunch of protestors who just breached the Capitol building couldn't care less about velvet ropes. Why would they? But, a bunch of dems posing as protestors who were invited in for photo ops would stand right where they were told to stand.

Which seems more likely? Rioting protestors who just stormed the Capitol building thwarted by velvet ropes or dems being led inside to pose for photo ops?

I look at that pic and I don't see anything that even remotely resembles a riot or an armed assault. I see a bunch of people smiling for the cameras.

Just sayin...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join