It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'people' might rise up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
At least USA citizens are armed and have the capacity to overthrow government. That's a good thing.

I would not be surprised if the people rise up against the government.

They are protected under the constitution. Maybe the fore fathers wrote it down in the constitution knowing it would be needed one day. People power.

In Australia, we have no such protection.

It's unprecedented but I feel with the recent protests, it's possible and it could happen.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

If it's the same selfie stick armed clowns that rioted and looted at the Capitol the insurrection will last all of 5 minutes.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777
At least USA citizens are armed and have the capacity to overthrow government. That's a good thing.

They are protected under the constitution. Maybe the fore fathers wrote it down in the constitution knowing it would be needed one day. People power.

In Australia, we have no such protection.

It's unprecedented but I feel with the recent protests, it's possible and it could happen.

If they were going to do that, it would have happened already.

They had the perfect opportunity the other day.

Rights? That's almost laughable.

Apparently, they don't even have the Right to Protest...

The Election was just stolen. Like, in your face, stolen.

If not then, than when?

Not going to happen.

edit on 1/8/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well we already know how to contain and direct them.

By the magical powers of

purple rope

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

Really? Stirring the pot all the way from Australia? Because we don't have enough here doing it already???

No, thank you. I have no desire for the blood of my family, friends, neighbors and fellow Americans running in the street. And as demonstrated at the Capitol a couple days ago, I have no trust or faith in those who would resort to such.

Might does not make right.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

purple rope

That about sums it up.

"I gerner rise up, but I'll stay in the roped off area while I do it."

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Well we already know how to contain and direct them.

By the magical powers of

purple rope

ROFL

That is Fn funny!

Guns and gas? Nah, we got some cinema barriers....They respect that...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It's on our news 24/7, so too the USA elections. We might as well be another state. USA news took precedence over Australian news. Go figure.

(post by andy06shake removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Might does not make right.

There was no might displayed by the rioters, looters and murderers who stormed the Capitol. It was a giant dress up LARP enabled by the authorities. It basically resembled what it would look like if the world's largest clown car pulled up and disgorged all of its occupants in front of the Capitol Building.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yup. Crap took place in the election. And at some point the laws and regulations and rules and officials which made it possible need to be addressed and reformed. Especially if we're going to use second amendment remedies, which will necessarily create a vacuum to be filled by the sharks already circling. We could end up with something even worse. And quite honestly, I don't trust those so gleefully calling for civil war to give us anything better either.

So how about we just get right to the crux of the matter, and find solutions for the issues which have allowed this fustercluck we're in?

What have you got besides a gun? What are you doing in your own state to correct the situation? What efforts of others are you supporting? Have you contacted your state representatives -- who are Constitutionally authorized and mandated to set the time and manner of elections? Do you understand the particular issues affecting your state to intelligently address both the problems AND potential solutions?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

It's on our news 24/7, so too the USA elections. We might as well be another state. USA news took precedence over Australian news. Go figure.

And? So?

I'm pretty sure your news didn't tell you to make this post with this suggestion. This is all on you.

Go figure indeed.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Yup. Crap took place in the election. And at some point the laws and regulations and rules and officials which made it possible need to be addressed and reformed. Especially if we're going to use second amendment remedies, which will necessarily create a vacuum to be filled by the sharks already circling. We could end up with something even worse. And quite honestly, I don't trust those so gleefully calling for civil war to give us anything better either.

So how about we just get right to the crux of the matter, and find solutions for the issues which have allowed this fustercluck we're in?

What have you got besides a gun? What are you doing in your own state to correct the situation? What efforts of others are you supporting? Have you contacted your state representatives -- who are Constitutionally authorized and mandated to set the time and manner of elections? Do you understand the particular issues affecting your state to intelligently address both the problems AND potential solutions?

Well I'm Canadian, in a mixed family of Americans and Canadians. I live in a twin border city (both cities share a name and geography). I was born with Duel Citizenship. I don't vote or do Income Tax in the States unless I go to work there (which happens every few years).

I don't want the US in a civil war. I don't support it.

I pretty much agree with you...the system needs to be changed.

I'm not a hypocrite either, my country needs the same change.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

They are protected under the constitution.

All it will take is the supreme court folding and that protection will vanish. I FULLY expect that within 12 months. The lower courts are already compromised. Cout packing anyone?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There was no might displayed by the rioters, looters and murderers who stormed the Capitol. It was a giant dress up LARP enabled by the authorities. It basically resembled what it would look like if the world's largest clown car pulled up and disgorged all of its occupants in front of the Capitol Building.

My mistake... I should have been clearer in my words.

I did not mean to give those fools any such credit.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

My mistake... I should have been clearer in my words.

I did not mean to give those fools any such credit.

I know, LOL, I was just having some fun with that sentence. When those clowns stormed the Capitol I've never seen such a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I pretty much agree with you...the system needs to be changed.

I'm very happy to hear it. I know Canada has its own issues to deal with -- similar, but particular to Canada.

We all need to focus on changing the system in ways that work best for everyone.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL

Obviously a minority group of clowns.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Not much chance of an uprising against the most powerful military on the planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join