It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left wing Brits on the Capitol building invasion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
and the less said about which orifice the "fanny" is the better, in one country a wife would get pregnant in another she will slap you in the face

That's a head scratcher, did they emigrate and spend so long without women that Fanny took on a new meaning?
edit on 8/1/21 by djz3ro because: Typo

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: dug88

On that note...this year's the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Wonder what kind of 'celebrations' the government'll have cooked up for that.

Sept 11 2020 is long gone, so what are you even talking about...lol

That was the 19th anniversary was it not?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   
To be fair I've discussed many a topic over the years and, not once, have I ever felt the need to tell someone who isn't British to keep out of discussing British matters. Not that they haven't chimed in, on the contrary, I welcome their input. This is a site on the WWW after all!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Alright, you guys can have the 'U's. I'll even call it 'zed'. Just pronounce 'aluminum' for me.

Aluminium.
Since you speak OUR language, you should at least spell it correct.

Tit for tat
Just saying..

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

To be fair the English language isn't the easiest (though native speakers have no excuse!), I helped a Czech friend with her English and she kept asking my the rules bounce about so much and sent this as an example...

A Poem about the Wackiness of the English Language

May 5th, 2010

The trouble with English plurals…

We’ll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes;
But the plural of ox should be oxen not oxes.
One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,
Yet the plural of moose should never be meese.

You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice,
But the plural of house is houses, not hice.
If the plural of man is always called men,
Why shouldn’t the plural of pan be called pen?

If I spoke of my foot and showed you my feet,
When I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?
If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,
Why shouldn’t the plural of booth be called beeth?

If the singular is this, and the plural is these,
Why shouldn’t the plural of kiss be kese?
Then one may be that, and three would be those,
Yet the plural of hat would never be hose.

We speak of a brother and also of brethren,
But though we say mother, we never say methren.
So plurals in English, I think you’ll agree,
Are indeed very tricky, singularly.

edit on 8/1/21 by djz3ro because: Fix pad copy & paste job

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm
What happened yesterday was terrible but Biden calling it the darkest day in Americas history 🙄.

*September 11th 2001 has entered the chat*

I also wonder if all this attention would be the same if it was the Democrats storming the building... no I expect then it would be ok.

T reaction from the BBC and CNN is so over the top its cringeworthy. Trump did not hold a gun to his supporters heads and make them invade the building, no matter how many times people try and blame it on him, these people were adults and had their own mind and they decided to storm the building.

Also for what it's worth, this is the UK, not America. He is not our president and nor is Joe Biden so I think its high time this country stopped investing 99% of its time in Americas politics and focused on things at home. I have had to suffer the last couple of years of Sadiq Khan ignoring London because he's too busy worrying about what trump is doing. It's boring now.

Watching the dems and the do gooders here in the UK foaming at the mouth in sheer excitement because they can use this event to make Trumps last few days in office difficult is pathetic and cringeworthy... Get a grip, you dems have got your little commie china sympathising child sniffing Biden in power and as for my British brothers and sisters, calm down and stop worrying about politics in other countries, take a seat in your safe spaces and go back to focusing your efforts on trying to overturn the brexit vote.

Thanks

Dude, No-one here is going to ask you over for a free holiday. No matter how hard you try, so please refrain from sucking up right wing Yank arse. It's embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Thats a great poem! Reminds me of when I was about 16. I was working landscaping and they put me with a guy from El Salvador for the day. Of course he spoke little to no English and I spoke little to no Spanish. He had heard me say the F word and asked what it meant. That was a tough one to try and explain. It means so many things.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Alright, you guys can have the 'U's. I'll even call it 'zed'. Just pronounce 'aluminum' for me.

As it was Sir Humphry Davy, a Brit that gave alluminium both it's name and pronunciation then the British way is always the correct one.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: fusionfilm

USA saved UK in WW2

They have had a special relationship since then.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

USA saved UK in WW2

The USA hadn't even entered the war when The Battle Of Britain took place.

Learn some history.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wow.. High school history was wrong. I'm guilty of the powers that be.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

As it was Sir Humphry Davy, a Brit that gave alluminium both it's name and pronunciation then the British way is always the correct one.

But he also named it aluminum.

1808, Sir Humphry Davy identified the existence of the metal in alum, which he at first named "alumium" and later "aluminum." Davy proposed the name aluminum when referring to the element in his 1812 book Elements of Chemical Philosophy, despite his previous use of "alumium." The official name "aluminium" was adopted to conform with the -ium names of most other elements. The 1828 Webster's Dictionary used the "aluminum" spelling, which it maintained in later editions. In 1925, the American Chemical Society (ACS) decided to go from aluminium back to the original aluminum, putting the United States in the "aluminum" group. In recent years, the IUPAC had identified "aluminium" as the proper spelling, but it didn't catch on in North America, since the ACS used aluminum. The IUPAC periodic table presently lists both spellings and says both words are perfectly acceptable. 

Link

We should stand by Sir Davy! Also, never spent so much time looking at language history LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Learn some history.

Everyone knows we nuked the Germans after they bombed Pearl Harbor.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

But he also named it aluminum.

1808, Sir Humphry Davy identified the existence of the metal in alum, which he at first named "alumium" and later "aluminum." Davy proposed the name aluminum when referring to the element in his 1812 book Elements of Chemical Philosophy, despite his previous use of "alumium." The official name "aluminium" was adopted to conform with the -ium names of most other elements. The 1828 Webster's Dictionary used the "aluminum" spelling, which it maintained in later editions. In 1925, the American Chemical Society (ACS) decided to go from aluminium back to the original aluminum, putting the United States in the "aluminum" group. In recent years, the IUPAC had identified "aluminium" as the proper spelling, but it didn't catch on in North America, since the ACS used aluminum. The IUPAC periodic table presently lists both spellings and says both words are perfectly acceptable. 

Link

We should stand by Sir Davy! Also, never spent so much time looking at language history LOL

I thank you for your link, which also states

In recent years, the IUPAC had identified "aluminium" as the proper spelling,

Game, set and match i think.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Japan. Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Enola Gay drppoed the bombs and ended the war.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

*le sigh*

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Learn some history.

Everyone knows we nuked the Germans after they bombed Pearl Harbor.

We can thank you then for the aweful weather we have here. Those nukes must have changed our weather patterns when they blew over from mainland Europe.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Pfffft, come on man. We don't go by international organizations. Why do you think we won't use the metric system?

Celsius? Please. We like complicated systems of measurement.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

We can thank you then for the aweful weather we have here. Those nukes must have changed our weather patterns when they blew over from mainland Europe.

You can thank us for a lot of things, among them your freedom, your language and The Office.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

your referencing animal house. Lmao

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join