It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left wing Brits on the Capitol building invasion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

originally posted by: bastion
US politics and current affairs has a major impact on the UK. Politicians call it the 'special relationship' but it mainly means we're entirely dependent on the US for defence, a strong economy, trade, political and diplomatic relations and cultural fads like wokeism, BLM, PC etc. We pay back by being allies in pretty much every conflict the US has been in.

I think you'll find the majority of the UK posters commenting on the subject are anti-democrat and voted for Brexit, quite a few are right wing Tory voters as far as I'm aware.

Are there any Brits that support the Dems on ATS? I was under the impression we all thought they have no real policies and Kamala belongs in prison or a mental asylum.

Lol you got to be joking, wait until the Scottish members see this thread

Quite a few Scottish members are opposed to Trump it seems.

Scotland has always been politically different from the rest of the UK though.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I have had to suffer the last couple of years of Sadiq Khan ignoring London because he's too busy worrying about what trump is doing. It's boring now.

Londoner born and bred here.

Sadiq Khan may stumble but he's way better than the last fool in his chair.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't mind brits chiming in. I like our brothers from across the pond......as long as they keep the random U's out of their typing.

Seriously, WTF is colour.....

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I don't mind brits chiming in. I like our brothers from across the pond......as long as they keep the random U's out of their typing.

What is " Tire " ? Does that mean you are fed up with something or someone, or do you put it on your car ?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Trump did not hold a gun to his supporters heads and make them invade the building, no matter how many times people try and blame it on him, these people were adults and had their own mind and they decided to storm the building.

I do believe that the American President used the royal, 'We' in reference to his rally speech about the march on the Capitol building....but the American President didn't go to the Capitol building, he went back to the White House to watch it on the telly.
edit on 7-1-2021 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

We have all the best words. Like witchuditchu.

"you didn't bring your truck witchuditchu?"

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

a reply to: alldaylong

and the less said about which orifice the "fanny" is the better, in one country a wife would get pregnant in another she will slap you in the face

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

On that note...this year's the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Wonder what kind of 'celebrations' the government'll have cooked up for that.

Sept 11 2020 is long gone, so what are you even talking about...lol

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: dug88

On that note...this year's the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Wonder what kind of 'celebrations' the government'll have cooked up for that.

September 2021 hasn't.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
[

Don't worry about it. It takes everyone a few weeks to get the date straight in January.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I would er, Question that!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   

And what about the confounded letter Z? America's founders were rebels. They sounded out words and decide to use a Z where the crown was using an S. They even decided to pronounce it zee instead of zed. Take that England!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Alright, you guys can have the 'U's. I'll even call it 'zed'. Just pronounce 'aluminum' for me.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Alright, you guys can have the 'U's. I'll even call it 'zed'. Just pronounce 'aluminum' for me.

You put a 'U' in pronounce!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That was the olive branch, man!!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: fusionfilm

Also for what it's worth, this is the UK, not America. He is not our president and nor is Joe Biden so I think its high time this country stopped investing 99% of its time in Americas politics and focused on things at home.

Except the President of the USA is our President , we are joined at the hip , it matters to us both politically and financially.

Personally I thought Trump was good entertainment , GW Bush x10.

Piss poor for the World though.

Don't you just know, but this latest event, Trump pissed on himself when he used the word, 'we' when telling the mob, (and it was a mob, when telling them to march on the Capitol Building, and never mind that, 'buffalo bill' is someone associated wih Guiliani, no matter how loosely) this is the mob, with many foolish people hanging on. Some people died, most of them pretty young, and also a police officer, all because of Trump giving a bunch of arseholes, a platform.
edit on 7-1-2021 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Who are you to demand that we show no interest in U.S politics? The king of the internet?

One only has to use intellect , reason , and logic.
The big 3

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If only USA could stay out of other countries affairs, get your own house in order.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: fusionfilm
This has been a long-term development, going back to the very beginning of the Trump era. They've also jumped on to the BLM bandwagon. It may be partly a symptom of running out of real and believable grievances at home, so that the left has to borrow protest excuses from other countries and past history.

It is a prog tactic that emerged a few years ago. Enabled by the internet, like the internet has enabled the introduction of almost identical playbooks in many countries (even when the plays are a poor match for a given country's history and culture).

@fusionfilm is correct. There is incredibly little effect in other countries as far as day to day life goes. All of this whinging about "but if affects me!" is either dishonest or evidence of a disorder of some kind. Notably, NO ONE makes the same claims about what the leadership of China or Russia, although the policies of those governments of course have effects and influences on other countries. It is just another page from the prog playbook; a targeted country must seem as though it is outraging the entire world; in other words, it is a propaganda campaign using the internet as its medium.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   

The correct spelling, it's not our fault you lot moved to America then suddenly found words too hard to spell so hacked them apart 🤣😂🤣

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join