It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark launches children's TV show about man with giant penis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas
There are literally millions of other things the writers could use to make a silly cartoon. They could make anything funny if they had any creativity. But no, they have to use the most taboo subject for children, an adult sex organ. Why? I can think of 3 reasons: they're perverts who always think sexually, they're writers with little creativity and are relying on shock value for ratings, or worse yet they're trying to normalize sexuality for children.

I haven't watched the show but it doesn't matter. It might be all innocent jokes now but what about when they have the character slapping somebody on the rear or wiping someone's face or whatever? It's too much potential for unnecessary innuendo for a children's cartoon.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I would never look at an apple danish the same way again.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Totally sexist unless he has a female counterpart.

He is the female counterpart. The twist at the end of season 1 is that he's trans.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Im afraid that this is just the beginning..

a reply to: nofear46

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Looking at the stripes, maybe they could have named it
"Where's Willy ?"

🥒

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
need to add this song to the sound track.

kids love sing a longs

edit on 7-1-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
There are literally millions of other things the writers could use to make a silly cartoon. They could make anything funny if they had any creativity. But no, they have to use the most taboo subject for children, an adult sex organ. Why? I can think of 3 reasons: they're perverts who always think sexually, they're writers with little creativity and are relying on shock value for ratings, or worse yet they're trying to normalize sexuality for children.

I haven't watched the show but it doesn't matter. It might be all innocent jokes now but what about when they have the character slapping somebody on the rear or wiping someone's face or whatever? It's too much potential for unnecessary innuendo for a children's cartoon.

In a world where Children are being raped even by their parents on a huge scale this is agreeable to the people on here! Can't say I am shocked. I guess Jimmy Savile was funny too. When we reach the right over we are going and I think we are nearly there!
Your choosing your sides right now.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Denmark: Reform recognizes sex without consent as rape

I guess child rape, any rape has been normalized in Denmark, unless they meant to "hurt" the kid.

Although judges accepted that Holst had rejected the man's attempts to have sex with her, lawyers were unable to prove without reasonable doubt that the man had intended to hurt her, she says.

This seems to go hand in hand

Paradise for gender equality?
Denmark is considered one of the best countries for gender equality in the European Union, appearing second only to its neighbor Sweden on the Gender Equality Index, put together annually by the EU's European Institute for Gender Equality.

However, the Nordic country has been heavily criticized for its so-called "rape culture," which Amnesty International called "pervasive" in a report published by the organization last year. It said the problem was masked by the country's reputation.

www.dw.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Honestly can't say I'm surprised by anything like this that happens any more.

Sex is the new idol we all must bow to.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sex?...Where's the sex?

Watched the entire episode....no sex.

Must be season 2.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

The use of the male sex organ is early sexualization of children. Don't be obtuse.

It is horribly funny that we can acknowledge genitals, but not acknowledge what they mean biologically except where transgenderism is concerned.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Whatever you say cupcake...

Maybe you shouldn't project your adult ideas on children's shows.

You think a 6 year old sees his peepee as a sexorgan?

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The Danish all know that none of them have penises that are of any note whatsoever, so it's not really a sexualization of anything. Back in the 1950s they were pretty "naughty" in their TV shows too. Beaver Cleaver? Think about that for a moment. These guys are just a lot clumsier in their attempt to be clever.

This idiot show look a lot more like something that should've come from Japan.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

Wow...generalized two nations in one post. Bravo!!!

Your interest in other nation's penis lenght would be a fieldday for Freud.

Wanna talk about it?

Peace
edit on 8-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I will say this when i went there they are very direct. Some might even say rude and no topic is unexceptable in public they will talk about there sex life or medical conditions.The Dutch i think like to shock people its part of their culture as such even their television likes to try to shock people.

Now trying to judge their culture based off the US is silly and trust me many Americans are just incredibly stupid when it comes to other cultures.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

the Dutch i think like to shock people its part of their culture

Yeah...cool...how did we get involved in this again?

Denmark...Danish...as in not Dutch.

I wouldn't describe us (the Dutch) a rude though... maybe you preceive it that way.

We don't have many taboos and we are very blunt and direct. This may shock some....sorry

It ain't much without the Dutch...

Peace
edit on 9-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

All Dutch people I know have been straight forward and direct but not unfriendly. I had someone pick up my old TV and he told me I am stupid (a bit nicer wording) to sell that old plasma TV to him. After counting the money, another snide remark, but I can handle it since I am a direct person too.

He could play his games on his newly aquired plasma TV and I had almost enough for a new 50" 4k LED TV. Best deal I ever made, I bet he thinks the same

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   

What is wrong with people? How did we even get to this point, where nothing is off the table?

Most Scandinavian countries have a different attitude to sex and the body than other more prudish countries , it's just a continuation of their culture of openness about the body and their ability to make fun of it.

Denmark has one of the lowest rates of unplanned teenage pregnancy rates in Europe because they are open and educate their children.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I believe the annual average of child sexual abuse cases in Norway has been 600 children per year for the last 10 years on a population of almost 6mil.

When I compare that, for instance, with the American statistics the amount of child sexual abuse cases is almost 700.000 annually.

Not the best mathematician here but that is a factor 20 more cases.

Peace
edit on 9-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join