It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcefield theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Ok here goes a little Idea I had.

When an object moves through space/air or whatever the object moving effectively pushes the particles in the air out of the way. So my theory is this, if it was possible to stop these particles from moving what so ever. could an object move through or would this be enough to create an invisible barrier ?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes that would work if there was a way to keep the air molicules from moving then you would have a force field .It would be just like hitting a brick wall.
But its very unlikly theres any tek within our reach to accoplish this.
On the other hand alest wile on earth you can creat a very effective
force field with just a radio set and a good amplyfier.
Using Very high frecncy sound waves even higher then a dog can hear and a amplyfire to boost the out put you would end up with a force field .
It would be strang though because as you walked towards it would feal like you were walking through water denser and denser as you got closer untill you could go no farther.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think that the only way to keep particles from moving would be to freeze them, preferably at absolute zero or nearly so.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I think that the only way to keep particles from moving would be to freeze them, preferably at absolute zero or nearly so.

I thought it was impossible to stop sub-atomic particles due to the uncertainty principal?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I thought it was impossible to stop sub-atomic particles due to the uncertainty principal?

Yup... I just left that bit out because I figured people might come to the conclusion that that would be impossible to do for a number of reasons.

join