It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors storm capitol

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Bluntone22

DC cops sucker punched a Patriot and they were shooting rubber bullets at them. It's not going well. Not at all.

The videos at Gateway Pundit clearly showed the cops macing people who were just standing there shouting.

The cops aren't looking good at all. Let's face it: sometimes the police get a bad rap for very real reasons. Like that business last night where the cop in Wisconsin got away with shooting some black dude 6 times.

Thank you. Oddly the Left and the Right seem to be aligned with the current role of police in our society.

And to everyone who said, in the last year, "the police will side with patriots" ... well ...

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
they just rushed mike pence out of the hearing.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

I think it depends on whom they serve. If it's city hall, well you're screwed. If it's another entity - say an elected sheriff? You might have a chance.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeusInAbsentia
Protestors have breached the line and made it to directly outside the building: youtu.be...

This is literally insane, what’s the play here? Storm the Capitol whilst your Senators are trying to challenge the election outcome? Then what?

Is that Baghdad or Washington ?

I can't tell the difference.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Lots of family business happening today 😸☠️

The Capitol is LOCKED DOWN !!!! How IRONIC 😸☠️

link   

originally posted by: knoxie

I must be on the wrong stream. Do you have that stream link?

Nevermind. My stream is just really lagging.
edit on 1/6/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   
Currently watching live.

They are protesting the proper way. Peacefully.

If they riot or burn anything, I'll buy all the Lefties on the board a beer....

No evidence of anything unlawful yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wonder how quickly police will suddenly become our heroes in blue again now that the awful racist reign in Washington is over and blue rule has been restored to the country?

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Big ruckus for a few hundred protesters 😸☠️

MSM cleansing 😸☠️

All prior proven lies will be re-kindled 😸☠️

(post by Wide-Eyes removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Protestors have breached the line and made it to directly outside the building: youtu.be...

This is literally insane, what’s the play here? Storm the Capitol whilst your Senators are trying to challenge the election outcome? Then what?

Pressure on Congress to actually do something.

When their own necks are on the line they might suddenly get motivated.

I doubt Congress will do anything without this pressure.
edit on 6-1-2021 by pianopraze because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

As real as sh!t was before, it just got even more real.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LanceCorvette

I think it depends on whom they serve. If it's city hall, well you're screwed. If it's another entity - say an elected sheriff? You might have a chance.

Certainly context matters too. A lone sheriff's deputy, or a city copper, pulling you over for a traffic violation, either one could be decent and let you off with a warning.

But I don't believe for a minute that last summer our local popo and sheriff's deputies weren't pulling up to the rear entrance at the grocery store and filling their trunks with toilet paper and canned soup while the rest of us were scrounging.

Context. And I'll grant that a fair number of police have quit forces rather than work with ridiculous rules. Grant you that.

link   
Imagine being everyone in there. Pence is considered more important than you. They rush him out and leave everyone else wondering wth is going on???

And now they've shut the whole thing down.
edit on 1/6/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   
They had a full year to get order back, that was spent fanning the flames with the summer of love.

Instead they focused on oppressing people and stealing power with covid.

Now when the shtf, everyone is biting their nails and crying about it.

Everyone sat on their asses. Everyone did nothing while blaming others.

We let this happen, it is our fault. Not the left or right or antifa.

It is OUR fault. It is our LEADERS fault.

Own it, be an adult or continue this faux backward ass age regression where you can't reasonably handle anything.

link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

They are protesting the proper way. Peacefully. If they riot or burn anything, I'll buy all the Lefties on the board a beer....

You might be buying a lot of beers tonight, dude. They got three states in and had to evacuate Mike Pence as there’s a legitimate security risk. House is in recess and some are saying Pelosi has been removed too.

(post by knoxie removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
I've been on the fence for awhile with this whole Trump vs Biden vs Right vs Left but this settles it.

I'm voting for Bernie

His supporters have been some of the most violent

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
I do not recall a single lefty on here excusing the riots or saying it was ok to do. At most, some were claiming it was right-wingers disguised as Antifa, or that they understood why they were rioting while not condemning it.

If someone can find me one post of a lefty on here saying it was ok for the idiots to be rioting, I’ll Palpal you $25 right now.

Outside of ATS, of course there were people rooting them on, but here on ATS, I didn’t see it said once. Some of you guys get so wrapped up in this sh*t you just start re-writing what actually happened.

There is Left & Right.

There is Extreme Left & Extreme Right.

There’s also “Other” & opportunists.

And then there are “legitimate” politicians with realistic differences in ideologies. All sides.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: MykeNukem

They are protesting the proper way. Peacefully. If they riot or burn anything, I'll buy all the Lefties on the board a beer....

You might be buying a lot of beers tonight, dude. They got three states in and had to evacuate Mike Pence as there’s a legitimate security risk. House is in recess and some are saying Pelosi has been removed too.

It's just a "mostly peaceful" security risk.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join