It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the DUN allow Iran Nuclear weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I posted DUN - dis-United nations because I cannot imagine a more useless group, except maybe the EU and WHO and perhaps G6, NATO???

I note that Iran’s usual blustering about enriching Uranium to 20% is back on the cards:

www.bbc.com...

Apparently using its Fodor facility which was previously not allowed as part of the deal.

The article links says that to get to 20% enrichment, only about 8% of the time is needed to get to weapons grade, which is approximately X many tonnes by a couple of months, then as long as it takes to make enough for a bomb.

Would we assume that they have the delivery vehicles, would they have the ability to create a bomb or would they need to perform testing?

I am not a doomsday type, am just interested in what steps are needed post enriching.

Would the likes of UN allow another nation to get weapons grade material, would Russia or China care?

Aside from the usual Israel Fan Boys, Saudi and other Arab states probably don’t want it, what way do we thing the world would pivot if they get the bomb?

I am thinking a Russia, China, Iran, NK, Pakistani type of ‘Gang’ looking out for themselves? Or does ATS think no world shift but a regional one, or that no way will Iran get the bomb?

It would take some significant military action to stop it for good, would it be left for the US to go alone with the EU complaining about US aggression?

Like I said, would Russia care if they got the bomb, it everyone stays friends! China, I suppose they don’t care, they will take advantage of any disruption always playing the long game.

Would a military strike be preferable to a coup d etat

What thinks ATS
edit on 4 1 2021 by Forensick because: Hit post by mistake

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Not sure.

But I can tell you who would not allow it, for sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2021 by CopeLongCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CopeLongCut
"Iran has informed the International Atomic Energy Agency that it intends to produce uranium enriched to up to 20 percent purity,"
www.spacewar.com...

In other news, “Mossad is recruiting, Israel has scrambled fighter jets, and water is wet...”

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It was in the article the OP posted. So I self deleted myself. And water is not wet.a reply to: slatesteam

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It was in the article the OP posted. So I self deleted myself. And water is not wet.a reply to: slatesteam

It’s not?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Water itself is not wet water cannot wet itself. Getting water on you is a different story. This is going off topic. PM me or start a thread for this discussion.a reply to: slatesteam

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

It’s not?

Not if you follow new speak

Metal is not hard, fuel isn't flammable, blankets aren't warm, etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
id be more worried about India and Pakistan or may be even China might get into a nuclear attack

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Water itself is not wet water cannot wet itself. Getting water on you is a different story. This is going off topic. PM me or start a thread for this discussion.a reply to: slatesteam

I like you

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

originally posted by: slatesteam

It’s not?
because I was thinking all that too though. Damn this 1984 world came up quick, dinnit?

Not if you follow new speak

Metal is not hard, fuel isn't flammable, blankets aren't warm, etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
id be more worried about India and Pakistan or may be even China might get into a nuclear attack

Possibly a good old fashioned 3-way ?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well I like you too. Cheers.a reply to: slatesteam

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   
it will happen someday

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: penroc3

Possibly a good old fashioned 3-way ?

call the ATS tech crew and 3D print us a joke for this stat! Bonus points if you use food to reference each country!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   

1. Would the useless UN allow it ?
- a virtual certainty, the UN has failed in a similar manner with North Korea as it has failed in every major conflict or event for at least the past 60 years, including Covid-19

2. What should/could be done about it ?
- to begin with, giving Iran money, Billions, a la Obama or Kerry "Iran deal" is beyond idiotic, it is treason. This very approach of dollars for peace was tried with North Korea, and failed. Appeasement NEVER works.

- military action: probably too late for a "surgical strike", waited far too long, likely that Iran by now has probably at least a few atomic bombs, which also preclude Irak-style invasion, for those so inclined (I am not)

- only option: slow, long-term containment, cold-war style, with ongoing sanctions, leading to the eventual collapse of the Iranian regime. (There was an opportunity to support a "green" student revolt early in Obama's term, but he did not, clashing as it did with Obama's objective of supporting extremist Islamist forces in Libya, Egypt, and Syria. Kudos to the Egyptian mass demonstrators, they had the good sense and courage to overthrow the Morsi extremist regime installed by Obama.)

Regrettably, it is unlikely that the incoming Biden administration is interested in anything but supporting Iran and other extremist regimes

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

If the UN can allow Saudi Arabia to head Human Rights, and Israel can never be leveraged a vote against, then certainly Iran can do this with (without?) UN consent.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
To be honest I don't think humans should have these weapons at all. None of them. We are stuck up monkeys who are prone to hatred and destruction and greed and power. No way should any of them be able to annialate innocent bystanders whilst on a power trip, especially not with a medieval mindset.
The same goes for the ability to manipulate DNA.
We are just too dumb for any of that to not kill too many innocents on the way.
Look at our track record.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I think the US,UK,Israel,Saudi alliance is and has been so afraid and extremely concerned about Iranian influence in the region for so long,and that fact made them fabricate stories about Iran enriching uranium to get the nukes and bombs to destroy western civilization!!...The truth of the matter is that Iran despite all sanctions and sabotages has progressed and has the partial control of almost six capitals in the ME and expanding its horizons to even south America and Africa. There is almost nothing anybody can do to fully stop this process from fully happening...Turkey and Saudi Arabia are trying hard to catch up but they lack Ideology, influence, legitimacy, karisma and their nations full support. not to mention the muscle and the man power...So in my view sooner or later Iran will be the only real power in the ME along with Israel and with help from the Russians of course...All others including the Americans have to go back to their own businesses or accept the severe consequences of being and interfering in that pothole.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Remind me, who tore up the agreement that kept Iran from nuclear weapons research?

Was it the same leader that announced a middle east "peace deal" intended to marginalise Iran even further?

Sow the wind...
edit on 5-1-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join