It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Coronavirus Relief fund For Whites Only!

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.foxbusiness.com...

PORTLAND — The state’s new $62 million pandemic relief fund for Black Oregonians will stop allocating grants and deposit the remaining $8.8 million with a federal court while legal challenges against it continue.

The Oregon Cares Fund agreed to deposit its money with the court Thursday after plaintiffs challenged the fund’s constitutionality, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported.

Plaintiffs also asked U.S. Judge Karin Immergut to issue a preliminary injunction or restraining order to stop the fund from distributing money on the basis of race.

Gotcha!! Did the title get you? It should.
This wasn't a relief fund for Whites only, it was for Blacks only.
Either way they both sound racist to me!

They contend that Oregon has violated the equal protection clause of the U.S. Constitution by distributing benefits on the basis of race and that they and other non-Black individuals and businesses who have suffered because of the pandemic will be irreparably harmed if the fund is allowed to continue distributing money on the basis of race, according to The Oregonian.

Need has no color. This is more of the same ol' divide and conquer. I guess they just want all of us to hate each other.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Hers a stat for ya.

Population of black people in Oregon = 77,918

Total population of Oregon = 4,218,000

Which is less than 2% of the entire population....

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
C'mon man! I came running in here to see how you had misread that so badly. This is as good as paying minorities when they get pregnant.

www.sacbee.com...

I still haven't figured out why one is considered racist and the other one is not. If it's racist when you flip it, then it's racist period IMO and as a middle aged white woman I know it ain't worth jack sh!t these days. So just take it with a grain of salt.

Expect more of the same. Also expect to be called racist if you have a problem with it.

ETA- This is how you know they don't care about unity. None of them. Because they know this does nothing but breed jealousy and hate. At a time when people of every stripe are hurting, this is what they do? You can't tell me that isn't by design.
edit on 1/4/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Now why would Oregon want to violate the equal protection clause ??

Hmmmmm 😃

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What the hell happened to my home state? Oh... yeah... All those damned Californians over the last couple decades flooding it with their bullsnip.

At least in part. Not claiming we were ever a perfect state.

edit on 1-4-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Bingo! I’m from Oregon, 31 years born and raised. Now they are flooding to AZ, where I am now. Half the stinking town Is Cali plates.

Sure, tell me lockdowns are real effective. 👎

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Most sane people think that way, but progressives and critical race theory have added this idea of power into the mix, and their way of thought is that since old, white men created the systems of power in the country, BIPOC have no power even when the levers of power are being pulled in their benefit, even when they, themselves occupy position of power over whites within parts of the system.

So by default, BIPOC can never be racist and nothing that is exclusive to BIPOC like that program could be racist because it's simply righting the injustices they face by having to live day to day within a system that is already white oppressive.

Make sense? (It's OK if it doesn't because it's stupid)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others. Got it.

In all seriousness I have heard it explained that way before and agree that it’s stupid. I could respect it more if someone said hey look... somewhere down your family line they MIGHT have owned a slave and because of that I think now you should be subjugated on their behalf. I mean at least have some intellectual honesty. I’d still disagree with it but I could appreciate the candor.

edit on 1/4/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Makes me sad to see Oregon and Washington being lumped in with California these days. All that stuff aside though, such a beautiful part of the country, the PNW. (Plus we have Bigfoot!)

edit on 1-4-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is why liberalism goes too far.

The liberal philosophy could have long ago won the public overwhelmingly, as FDRs new deal did over 20 years from 1933 to 1953, and the 4 terms he won. But they come up with stupid crap like this. Or, like busing in the 60 and 70s, an insult to AA just to placate some racist, stupid black radicals.

They would have creamed the republicans in 2020, but that defund police garbage lost them many races.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Now they just need to force everyone that got that money (apparently only $8.8 mill out out of $64 million left), to GIVE IT ALL BACK[/I], every last penny. either that or give everyone else the same amount which according to the population numbers given by a previous poster would be about $708 per person. which means thy would have to give out about another $3 TRILLION dollars. likely far easier to make everyone that got money from it to give every penny back, even if it means garnishing it from wages and welfare or other benefits they receive, with standard interest charged for how long they have had the money, as if they had gotten a loan. since i doubt they could afford to hand out at least another $3 trillion dollars. and whoever was involved in this blatant racism should also be fired and criminally charged.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Now why would Oregon want to violate the equal protection clause ??

Hmmmmm 😃

I don’t know...why would they? (Seriously)

new topics

top topics

join