It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

creating reality

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'd like to pose a question. According to David Icke and others, thought creates matter therefore making everyone the creator of their own reality. If this is true, why would we want to believe in conspiracies at all. Wouldn't not believing make more since?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
please but icke in the thread title if you wanna discuss issues about him. therefore the sane users can ignore the thread and save some time. thx!

and if you think your brain can create your life(reality), why are you a geek reading a messageboard instead of being a cool guy partying with the hottest girls your brain can create for you?

[edit on 19-3-2005 by feyd rautha]

Bandit says: This is a prime example of the idiotic and useless sarcasm that we don't want on ATS!!!

[edit on 19-3-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by feyd rautha
please but icke in the thread title if you wanna discuss issues about him. therefore the sane users can ignore the thread and save some time. thx!

and if you think your brain can create your life(reality), why are you a geek reading a messageboard instead of being a cool guy partying with the hottest girls your brain can create for you?

This guys reply is the useless sarcasm that shouldn’t be on ATS.

As for your thoughts creating reality. I would say yes.

I just finished the 'Holographic Universe' by Michael Talbot. He points out certain aspects of our universe in which reality can be and has been manifested by humans.

Take a look at Quantum mechanics for example. Some properties only operate in a wave only if we look at it (or is it the other way around). I remember reading in the book that there was a recent particle discovered called the 'positron'. When a scientist in France first discovered it, it had certain unique properties that he anticipated in the particle. When another scientist in Germany discovered it, it had certain properties that he anticipated for it. When other scientist discovered it, the properties changed to match their expectations. Which leads us to believe that the scientist really didn’t 'discover' anything, they merely created it from their consciousness.

Look at the research that has been done with placebos for example. This should be a sure sign that humans definitely have some control of 'mind over matter'.

JAK

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by feyd rautha

Feyd rautha, good advice, now here's some for you.

Please don't post anything unless it might be relavent to the thread.

I know you might find it shocking that there may be those who might have alternate viowpoints, but we live and learn. And are you claiming to be psychic? How else would you know dollmonster is a geek, or is it just an idiotic assumption.

Why don't you do everyone else a favour instead of offering such advice next time don't bother, it's a waste of your time and ours.

thx!

Jack

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Satisfied feyd rautha?

www.davidicke.com...

By the way, I never claimed to be sane or to believe Icke's statement. Furthermore, I'd rather be a geek then some cool dude with hot chicks. Do I come across as a man? I'm a women with four grown children.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Maybe because we don't like the realities we've created for
ourselves, we need something to blame it on other than
ourselves. So we look at conspiracy theories as a sort of
scapegoat sometimes. But not always, cause sometimes the
theories turn out to be true.

I believe we create our own realities, but is'nt everyones "reality"
all intersected or intertwined?

Is it easier to create your own reality if you're alone all the time?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What we put attention on (look at, listen to, feel, think about, do, say) most often does in fact determine what we experience and what type of energies we attract into our reality. Thats the reason I dont look at this board too often, only once in awhile to keep awareness of the hidden and secret. Looking at it for too long, I would start "getting in sync" with it and start accumulating similar thought and emotional patterns, and from there certain behaviours, actions and finally experiences. It is YOUR choice, 100%, what you put attention on, what you invest meaning, importance, emotion, relevance into. Therefore the only reason to study conspiracy theory is to find out what you do NOT want and to find out what you want instead of that (contrasting).

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
so i hit it wrong, heres for the nongeeks: if your mind would create your reality than would you ever suffer a loss, feel bad, lose a game or a job, get sick...? answer would be no except you were a masochist.

and it is definitive not a point of view that icke is not what he wants you to believe he is. he either is a lunatic or a conman, that is a fact(stealing ideas from movies like the matrix to fool people, i mean comeon what does it take to open your eyes?). he plays in the same league as billy maier. end of discussion, for me.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
because if any of you primitive men had belief in god he has his own plan for us

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Creating reality is just about the only thing you ever do while alive on this planet. You have tens of thousands of thoughts every single day. You have tons of thoughts a minute. Do you think that those thoughts are nothing but mere impulses in your brain? Think again.

People create undesirable experiences in their life, because they don't know how to think, and how to control their subconscious mind. The subconscious mind controls probably about 95% of what you think, and what you have your attention of. If it's programmed negatively, your mind will be dwelling on things that are negative, that make you feel bad, and those thoughts and feelings is what attract more negative stuff to you. That's how people create bad experiences in their lives. Of course they wouldn't do it consciously; they're doing it unconsciously.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
what exactly did i get a warning for? for saying sorry for my first post to dollmonster? or for calling icke a conman or a lunatic? i find this warning rediculous, are you sure you did this on purpose????

oh i see:
This is a prime example of the idiotic and useless sarcasm that we don't want on ATS!!!

tell you something hommie, maybe buy yourself a dictionary before jugglin with words youve read from others(simulcra), there is no sarcasm in my first post.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Nope.

It's for you insulting dollmonster. It's against the T&C, point two.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i did no such thing!!!

T&C, point two.
You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

and i excused myself for asuming that she is a geek, geek in my understanding is not a herrasment at all.i am a geek. pff i am mad.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You can use the complaint button at the top of your screen. Let's keep on topic in this thread please.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
I'd like to pose a question. According to David Icke and others, thought creates matter therefore making everyone the creator of their own reality. If this is true, why would we want to believe in conspiracies at all. Wouldn't not believing make more since?

You have a legit question. I've read 2 of David Ickes books. I'd say he's roughly 90% accurate. There's some stuff that's either not true, or partially true in his books. (Icke is a lightsider who believes no matter what, good will somehow, always, win in the end. He'll go into graphic detail on how "evil" is operating, listing incredible proof behind this... but then come up short in attempting to show how "good" will beat evil.) But that's subject for another new thread.

Here's a quote from that link you posted in this thread:

There is no need for meditation,

- David Icke

This point of his is 1 million percent untrue! Meditation strenghtens the mind LOL!
(meditation done correctly, with the right teacher. IMHO Holistic meditation is the best to learn first.)

BUT the point he touches on - that the mind can control, and influence, your reality, is true! Icke in that article only touches on the truth. He says you can 100% change your reality by simply thinking it. There's far, far, more to this than he says.
- There are others working against you. Directly and indirectly.
- You can influence your reality by your thoughts. But not 100% change it. Kind of like driving on a highway, and choosing which lane to be in. Your still on the same highway as everyone else, but you can choose to be in the slow lane, middle lane, or fast lane.
- The other thing is, there are others on the highway who are trying to cut you off, smash you, bad drivers, etc... You are not on the highway alone. You are not in this world, this reality, alone. Others are also in it, sharing it.

One of the laws of the universe is "Like attracts like". Meaning whatever you're looking for, is looking for you. The more effort you look for it, the more effort/stronger, it will look for you. No matter if its good or bad.
(The Bible even supports this. "What thou seek ye shall find." or "Seek and thou shall find" depending on the Bible and its translation.)

Another guy and his site I strongly suggest you read is MeditationExpert.com
Instead of leaving you with scanning through the tons of articles there, let me bring to your attention one of the most brilliant essays, points, subject for thought, ever written:

Merit and Wisdom

meditationexpert.com...

5. The principle of responsibility as empowerment.

Take responsibility because by the law of karma, no one can take responsibility for you just as no one can save you. Rather, you have to save yourself

meditationexpert.com...

Watching your thoughts
meditationexpert.com...

Another site and guy to read with intresting points, and subjects to think about is:

The Socially Adept Psychopath
www.hal-pc.org...
(This article drives home the point how hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, of others are working against, you, me, and everyone else.)

[edit on 19-3-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

[edit on 19-3-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yep there is TONS and TONS of info on creating reality. I can post a huuge list with links if you want.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here is my spin on this issue. Sure thoughts are material.... im sure they are lol I think I’m having them right now... at leat i hope so... perhaps we can create our own reality in a fue ways. Couldn’t one say that we can crate our own reality by starting in the moment and moving forward kinda seize the day type thing, that by changing now you are changing your reality for tomorrow. On a separate note I’m pretty sure your thoughts and feelings (logic w/e) impact your current situation/reality to a great deal, you think negatively you act negatively and you receive negativity so thus your REALITY is more negative and vise versa. So perhaps these thoughts that we create may help "create" our own universe in our perception or whatever take what ever definition of create you will. finally the most abstract I think, perhaps blindly in our thoughts we invent our own "matrix" I actually seem to think quite highly of this and its deeper meanings and consequences and how this could possibly relate to many of humanities problems and how it is "controlled" though its kind of hard here. A real question to as is what "is" here is it just a matter of my perception? To some extent... Maybe... who knows?

but in response to the above question posed by dollmonster, i think "not thinking" about something wont make it go away, its still material we still have to deal with it....... but you never know untill you 'KNOW" as they say

Later days

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If you're interested in this topic, I suggest you go to your nearest B&N or Amazon.com and pick up:

- The Self-Aware Universe: How Consciousness Creates the Material World by Maggie Goswami

- The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot

- The Dimensional Structure of Consciousness: A Physical Basis for Immaterialism by Samuel Avery

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
People create undesirable experiences in their life, because they don't know how to think, and how to control their subconscious mind. That's how people create bad experiences in their lives.

I totally agree with you.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Yep there is TONS and TONS of info on creating reality. I can post a huuge list with links if you want.

*Wants*

Well, I would like some info on how to create reality ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join