It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The perfect Imperfections of God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

You didn’t state anything, didn’t answer the question you posed
You said nothing

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This god creature sounds like an oxymoron who is hilariously insecure to the point of crippling indecision.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well could it be possible you simply didn't understand my perspective? Stating I somehow spoke empty words and ideas is a big assumption on your part.

I respect your opinion. Yet, I wonder why you truly believe my OP is a shallow one since I've realized things about creation most people can't even start to comprehend. Why not ask a clear question that will add to the discussion instead of being so close minded.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
This god creature sounds like an oxymoron who is hilariously insecure to the point of crippling indecision.

Spoken like a true atheist
Surprisingly?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Because you said you had the answer and didn’t offer an answer
Not one I could sift out anyway

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Because you said you had the answer and didn’t offer an answer
Not one I could sift out anyway

It's all good to each their own.

But if you like, can you formulate in your own words what you got and understood from my "answer"? I'm curious and maybe I'll be able to clarify my thoughts better.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Im going to have to insist on a better quality argument, preferably coherent, if I am going to engage at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Im going to have to insist on a better quality argument, preferably coherent, if I am going to engage at all.

Well don’t, not going to change my life or make Epecuris any more intelligent
Should we all be robots?
edit on 4-1-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Your comments were nonsensical
You stated clearly you know why we were created and then didn’t address the statement you made
I can’t clarify your thought, they are nonsense in my opinion

God is not evil, God is love, love is justice

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You are allowed to identify as one, if that's what you really want.

edit on 4-1-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I never said I know why we were created what are you talking about? I talked about what I think is the place of evil in this universe.

I find it quite amusing you claim my arguments are nonsensical. From your post I can easily see you took what you wanted from my OP and let go of the rest.
Where did I state that God was evil?

My point is that since God holds all things together it means that evil is a part of him. The yin and the yang. Everything that exist is a part of God. So feel free to mock my OP but it doesn't change the fact that evil is a part of this universe, thus a part of God.

The difference between God and mankind is that he uses evil only for the greater good. There is no evil in Heaven but there is elsewhere. Sure, if you wanna go back to the source you have to let go of sins. God is sinless but he cannot pretend evil doesn't exist in him. Because if God is all, where does evil come from? It is only a mean to an end. Evil exist probably only to remind us of the importance of honoring our true nature.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Could God create a rock so heavy he can not lift it?

No rock can't be lifted by God.

Then they say God can't create everything!

Then I'm thinking they aren't that smart.

Wish for a square circle.
edit on 4-1-2021 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

"Ask and you shall receive"

I have done. The answer I received? There is no purpose other than to live while you have life to the best of your ability, and for the betterment of those around you. My experiences and observations in this life have led me to the conclusion that god and all his related entities do not exist for any more than a reason, excuse and scapegoat for all the evil that goes on in the world. It is the biggest con ever inflicted on humanity.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

We should work at living in peace with everyone daily but that can be considered living life to the best ability like you said.

Happy new year Chick

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Can you elaborate on "the biggest con ever" I'm curious as to what you truly refer to.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD
Can you elaborate on "the biggest con ever" I'm curious as to what you truly refer to.

It's the concept of an all-seeing, all-knowing entity judgmental entity, and all the ideologies it is contained within.

Religion was, and still is in some cases, a political ruling system. They used superstitions and myths to keep the people in line. Things such as being able to read someone's thoughts. A place of eternal damnation after death for those who disobey, and conversely promises of paradise in an afterlife for those who waste their lives away. These main concepts are impossible to prove, and that is the insidiousness of them.
edit on 4/1/2021 by MetalChickAmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy

originally posted by: St0rD

It's the concept of an all-seeing, all-knowing entity judgmental entity, and all the ideologies it is contained within.

Religion was, and still is in some cases, a political ruling system. They used superstitions and myths to keep the people in line. Things such as being able to read someone's thoughts. A place of eternal damnation after death for those who disobey, and conversely promises of paradise in an afterlife for those who waste their lives away. These main concepts are impossible to prove, and that is the insidiousness of them.

Woah so you're telling me the belief in a spiritual being out of our reality is the biggest con ever?

If that is what you imply I must say there is an overwhelming evidence of God's existence. Maybe not in the way you would expect it to be though...

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Since it sounds like an oxymoron it at least makes some noise.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Cmon man. I'm not here to argue with you but if you believe in God then you must also acknowledge the Devil's existence. And what is his main characteristic? He is the father of all lies. This whole world is based on one fat lie.

I'm Not here to argue with you either my good member. Not
here to pursue or disrupt or annoy or convert. I don't want to
contort or judge anyone and I have nothing to prove. We've stated
our differences. No arrogance.

a reply to: TzarChasm

Hey Chaz I think you're right. God does come off that way often in
the text. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how that's the beauty
of text. Or how unlike in person conversations, text allows us far
less confinement. Many interpretations can be derived when we
toss out context and do not know the person of whom we draw
conclusions.

All that BS aside I really just wanted to say hi Chaz.

edit on 4-1-2021 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Cmon man. I'm not here to argue with you but if you believe in God then you must also acknowledge the Devil's existence. And what is his main characteristic? He is the father of all lies. This whole world is based on one fat lie.

I'm Not here to argue with you either my good member. Not
here to pursue or disrupt or annoy or convert. I don't want to
contort or judge anyone and I have nothing to prove. We've stated
our differences. No arrogance.

Sure m8 no worries.

But I thought we would get into a genuine healthy debate here

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join