It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The perfect Imperfections of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Nobody truly ask themselves what is the purpose of life anymore. Such a shame if you ask me.

Even less start to consider the concept of an evil personification in this universe being a thing. I've been asking myself, like many before, why is it that so that there is an all-loving Being but horrifying realities are still part of creation at the same time?

Well, I've genuinely asked for the truth and like they say-
"Ask and you shall receive" so here is what I feel was delivered.

The truth is I wasn't ready for this realization. The fact that the devil is very real and having a say in our daily lives. No matter what kind of religion you affiliate yourself, truth is they mostly bring up the same crazy idea-
We are living in a spiritual world in which Light and Darkness are in constant battle. A battle for control of eternity. God is almighty and because of freewill he lets all of his creation do whatever they may please, even if it implies trying to override the original reality.

The premise of God, or so they say, is to live in a perfect world, a paradise. A world where sin is completely absent, non-existent and where only love prevails. The problem with this assumption, if it is true, well what happens with evil?
Because let's be real, whether we like it or not, evil is part of creation and it is not going away.

So, why does God let evil destroy his creation and what is he gonna do with it when all things fall into place? Some say evil is gonna perish in hell forever and ever. From my point of view, God tried to hide evil from us by naively believing we could be protected from it. He said eat from all the trees except from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Why would he tempts us in the first place you wonder?

Well, the answer I feel was provided by the Source is that God couldn't hide evil from us entirely simply because it is an integrated part of Him. God had to overcome his own fears at one point in the timeline of creation, he probably asked himself the same question we all go through-
Where do I come from? And then doubts appeared in his Godly mind, the source of all evil: Doubts.

When they say we are made in God's image they really mean it. God had to overcome all the madness and nightmares of evil and he succeeded. Then proclaiming himself as the ultimate being of all - knowing good and evil without being destroyed.
People are mad at God because he is portrayed as being perfect. The truth is he is perfect in his imperfections. But they don't teach you that.

So, what is gonna happen with evil and the Devil when most creation go back to what some call "Nirvana"
Unfortunately I didn't get provided with an absolute answer.
My most plausible theory is that Hell for eternity is a lie from the Vatican to enslave us in fear. It is a better assumption to think all of creation will go back to the source at one point. Since evil is part of all of us, even God, the only logical outcome is to reassemble Light and Darkness, Good and Evil, into one osmotic being in perfect balance.

Only then can the universe truly manifest its true Glory

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Our mistake is trying to judge God by our standards. God is not like us. We are like toddlers enraged at our parent when we do not get something we want or are disciplined for reaching for a hot stove not understanding why.

Our major mistake is assuming God is like us.

Let the things which are past come to your memory: for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like me; Making clear from the first what is to come, and from past times the things which have not so far come about; saying, My purpose is fixed, and I will do all my pleasure; Sending for a bird of strong flight from the east, the man of my purpose from a far country; I have said it, and I will give effect to it; the thing designed by me will certainly be done.

Source: bible.knowing-jesus.com...

Nehemiah 9:6

“You alone are the Lord.
You have made the heavens,
The heaven of heavens with all their host,
The earth and all that is on it,
The seas and all that is in them.
You give life to all of them
And the heavenly host bows down before You.

Source: bible.knowing-jesus.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Epicurius asked a very important question(s) :

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

When you understand the mental gymnastics required to brush this honest inquiry aside, you will know and understand the current leftist political rationale.

By any means necessary.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The mundane question if God could make a rock so heavy, could he move it? And if he couldnt, would it still make a him a God comes to mind.

Shadows do need light to be shadows.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Not a mundane question at all. I would call it a beautiful contradiction.

It's like me having a lot more respect for believers than the actual deity they believe in.

If someone tells me they have faith, they basically stop all debate. I can accept that and also respect that.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

"Is God willing to prevent evil? but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

This a formula of questions that never doubts Gods existence.
Yet leads the reader to a more unique question that I think is
easily answered.

Is it wise to judge God or anyone for that matter because of
what we don't know? Negative, because that would be stupid.
If one considers God then one must consider all that scripture
says of him. That's why we call him God and cast aside all
frivolous formulated questions. I never stopped calling my
father Dad because I didn't understand him at times.

Frankly I think Epicurius was a little to curious.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

When you understand the mental gymnastics required to brush this honest inquiry aside, you will know and understand the current leftist political rationale.

By any means necessary.

God seemed to have at least tried to hide evil from us and protect his creation (mankind) from its nightmarish grasp. He failed in doing so probably because there is no escaping from evil.
"As above so below"

Now can you blame him for that? I think God learns just as much as we do from reality. A perfect being must know the importance of being open to new knowledge. I sincerely believe this universe is a manifestation of God's will trying to know himself better. And we are just extension of his consciousness giving him the ability to experience life in a different perspective than his own.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD

By any means necessary.

God seemed to have at least tried to hide evil from us and protect his creation (mankind) from its nightmarish grasp. He failed in doing so probably because there is no escaping from evil.
"As above so below"

Now can you blame him for that? I think God learns just as much as we do from reality. A perfect being must know the importance of being open to new knowledge. I sincerely believe this universe is a manifestation of God's will trying to know himself better. And we are just extension of his consciousness giving him the ability to experience life in a different perspective than his own.

I agree with everything you have put here, a minor deviance however is that I would say our experiences of the creation are in fact his. We are actors on his stage, he wrote the play and he designed the set and the scenery.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   

For me it seems you ponder our Father very much. I think that's good
but drawing to many conclusions outside of scripture can be dangerous.

That's how cult leaders and false prophets find their way. If you believe
you surely believe God is capable of getting a message to us. The
scriptures we're brought together and the Bible was formed. And the truth
is in them for all to know.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

For me it seems you ponder our Father very much. I think that's good
but drawing to many conclusions outside of scripture can be dangerous.

That's how cult leaders and false prophets find their way. If you believe
you surely believe God is capable of getting a message to us. The
scriptures we're brought together and the Bible was formed. And the truth
is in them for all to know.

As much as I respect the scriptures, there is no denying it has been manipulated and corrupted by man's evil intentions. So you really have no choice but to also trust in your intuition. The delivery of knowledge and truths from God can be obtained by different means. He doesn't really care about the Bible. The only thing that matters to God is that truth is revealed to all of us no matter the vehicle. So if you rely only on a manmade book to understand God, you simply remove yourself for potential knowledge.

Sure, I make a lot of personnal assumptions about creation. And that is only because I feel like God responded to my need for the ultimate truth. I can be wrong ofc. Still, I challenge myself at all times but I'm pretty confident about the hypothesis that arisen from what I believe was truly God's input sent to me.

Only because I sincerely asked for it. Not because I'm somewhat better or anything.
"Ask and you shall receive"

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

By any means necessary.

"As above so below"

You say He tried and failed.

Surely he knew the outcome beforehand, judging by scripture that states he is all-knowing.

We are all beautiful contradictions, are we not?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I question the meaning of life all the time. But if there is a God it is as responsible for the evil in this world as much as it is for the good. If there is a God he doesn't give a damn about us.

Sorry

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

You say:

"If one considers God then one must consider all that scripture
says of him."

Indeed. And it gets very hairy when you do that.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Well clearly you didn't truly read my OP.

I stated from the start evil is an integrated part of God.

And why would you believe God doesn't give a damn about us? He has given us everything, showed incredible patience towards our mistakes and also showed mercy for all of us. If you truly want to try and understand God then just consider this-

The overwhelming love and patience parents show towards their childrens no matter their shortcomings should be a little hint on how God perceives mankind. Since we are his childrens in a way, just look at how we interact with our kids and the amount of love we have for them even when they defy us and disrespect us and it will teach you about God's true intentions.

You seem to be mad about God because he punishes you the same way parents punish their childrens. But the truth is all the punishments we are fed by God's wrath is done for our well-being. Just like a dad punishes a kid to teach a lesson.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

As much as I respect the scriptures, there is no denying it has been manipulated and corrupted by man's evil intentions.

No uh they certainly haven't. That's what I was trying to find out tho.
That's why I said. "If you believe in God " then you must believe that
despite evil men. He is capable of his word being available to us untainted.

A God that created the universe surely would be capable. Just because you
think and say something doesn't make it true. I've had hundreds of people
try to tell me what you're saying. And not one has ever been able to back
it up. So you think you can, show me what you're talking about? Where is this
manipulation you speak of please?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Cmon man. I'm not here to argue with you but if you believe in God then you must also acknowledge the Devil's existence. And what is his main characteristic? He is the father of all lies. This whole world is based on one fat lie.

How can you truly believe the Bible would be free from lies? Look don't get me wrong, I respect the teachings of religions a lot and know for a fact that powerful truths reside within it. But please don't be so naïve as to think Satan didn't alter our history and religion. It is a clever tactic in order to confuse mankind. Mix half truths with lies so people don't know what is true anymore.

If you deny you are most likely doing anything but help God in his plan.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You didn’t answer the question
Have a go, no psychobabble this time

God was clear, we were created for relationship, in His image with freewill, to love and care for each other, it’s that simple

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

You didn’t answer the question
Have a go, no psychobabble this time

God was clear, we were created for relationship, in His image with freewill, to love and care for each other, it’s that simple

I'm not sure I'm following you.

What you just said is true but it doesn't contradict my OP.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

By any means necessary.

Brush it aside easily
Epicurius was a dummy
Is God willing to prevent evil, obviously, read the Old Testament and the fate of those who tested Him. Yes omnipotent but, patient and loving
Able but not willing because love is patient, there will be a day
Evil comes from a humans freewill, Gods gift, it’s not difficult to comprehend the obvious
Should God use force, is force love, freewill, you don’t understand love

He is called Father because like a father, a child has to learn and grow, not be oppressed by force

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
The mundane question if God could make a rock so heavy, could he move it? And if he couldnt, would it still make a him a God comes to mind.

Shadows do need light to be shadows.

God did make a rock so big He couldn’t move it, after He moved it, He made a greater rock....and again

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join