It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you thought GMO was bad... Take a look at the new 3D plant based printed meat.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

i doubt they will eat manufactured meat and all that, they will keep eating real meat because the more common such things become the more expensive real meat will be in response and it'll get so expensive that only the rich will be able to afford the cost.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am intrigued by the idea of 3D printing meat. I wonder if someone could print up a functional kidney or heart. That could be handy.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Oh noes! News ways of feeding ever growing populations! What monsters!

All fun and games until they tell you that no matter what, it *is* what you will eat while the same people telling you that eat whole food the way nature created it rather than reconstituted pastes cleverly designed to look like what you actually *want* to eat.

It's going to be the same pattern we saw all through COVID - you stay home; you avoid your family; etc., but *I* will go where I want and do as I please even as I tell you to do otherwise.

You will still drive past cows and pasture because frankly plenty of places just aren't suitable for growing plants in intensive agriculture.
edit on 3-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Can they use the printer to produce animal horn too for far eastern markets? Save Africa's rhino

A few companies have done it with the intent to saturate the black market with fakes, but environmentalist groups still aren't open to the idea, because they don't know if it will actually decrease demand for rhino horn or not.

I'd say it's probably because environmentalist groups are lead by crooked people who lowkey benefit from the very thing they are against.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: eManym

We have lots of land and lots of energy to produce feed not an issue.

Think bigger!, what if all the bee's die off, just one of many likely examples, where things go really sideways. There is a fair bit of hand pollination going on, but will never keep up.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Think bigger!, what if all the bee's die off, just one of many likely examples, where things go really sideways. There is a fair bit of hand pollination going on, but will never keep up.

Except that one of the worst things for the environment in many ways is intensive row agriculture, even for bees. Monocrop agriculture just isn't good for insects and animals and even other plants in the environment, to say nothing of what happens with the runoff when it hits the oceans.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: summer5
I don't know about you, but printed meat? Really? It looks absolutely gross.

First of all, it's not meat, it's fake meat, as it's made from plant products.

Second, have you seen the way some animals are slaughtered? That's really gross.

PS: I am not a vegan or vegetarian.

I actually am a vegetarian. The way animals are kept and killed is very disturbing. I still crave a burger now and again. I've become very creative with nuts, beans and veggies. It's a close second to a good burger. I'd pass on the printed food.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

We'll be eating bugs in a generation or less, probably a lot less.

why?
I cant see any reason other than to humiliate us.

we gave them an inch, and now theyre taking there mile.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   

a reply to: summer5

It’s already happening. Look up ADM soldier fly farm Decatur IL.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I am not averse to the idea of offering insect proteins. People all over the world eat insects, larvae, and arthropods like spiders and lobsters (to reference two, one of which you've likely eaten) to this day.

I'm not even averse to this becoming an offering.

What I am averse to is the idea that we will all be forced to this or that choice in order to "save the planet" much like we were all forced to wear face masks and stop patronizing our favorite small businesses while our friends and neighbors lost everything in order to "save them" from a sickness with a very high survival rate.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What restaurants? They’re doing fine going out of business already....

Anyone seen the Bladerunner update....?

edit on 3-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I will stick to mostly moose meat, and the occasional mix of free range cow hamburg and moose hamburg for the occasional burger or stuffed peppers or pasta.
edit on Sun, 03 Jan 2021 23:24:49 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Sorry but...are you speaking of 3D smoked bacon? Because if not, you are nothing but pure evil incarnate if the bacon is unsmoked!!

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I don’t know, if they can just concentrate on bacon and it get it right... I think we can all agree the world would be a better place with a bacon printer.
Even if your religion keeps you from eating swine you can argue that since it was printed it’s not the same.

Bacon for the masses!

I !!!
CAN'T!!!
GIVE!!!
THIS!!!
ENOUGH!!!
STARS!!!

IM SHOUTING WITH LOVE!!!!!!

I'll be at the back of a bus

edit on 4-1-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   

No. That would be a step up from the plant printer.

Bugs have feelings too. BLM

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with that. The nutrients and vitamins in those little critters are amazing. This is the reason they eat bugs and insects in the East. I've been reading this was on the cards for the past 10 years at least

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

All I know is, who are the people who fiend for # like caviar, Kobe beef, all that expensive meat based # that'll run you $100 a plate minimum, the # that's rare and endangered but fetches a hefty price for people that want to eat it?

Is it the average person?
'
Will the wealthy give up their rare, endangered animal based delicacies and join us eating genetically modified, lab created synthetic protein?

This whole issue of meat damaging the environment and most environmental issues in general just makes me angry.

The average people aren't the ones out there destroying the environment to create and market products nobody wanted or asked for. They're not the ones that create corporate policies that force stores and restaurants to order and produce more food than they need then ban employees or franchisees from giving food away or doing anything other than throwing it out. The average person aren't the people demanding insane amounts of food that never gets consumed.

It's large corporations doing this, it's the same large corporations that guilt people into feeling like they should deal with these problems, while they # with your head to sell you more garbage.

A huge majority of the environmental damage, pollution, carbon issues and nearly every other mass scale problem with the earth's environment is not caused by the average person.

I am quoting simply because this needs repeating. Very well said.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Luddites gonna luddite.

Open your mind grandpa.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Can they use the printer to produce animal horn too for far eastern markets? Save Africa's rhino

A few companies have done it with the intent to saturate the black market with fakes, but environmentalist groups still aren't open to the idea, because they don't know if it will actually decrease demand for rhino horn or not.

I'd say it's probably because environmentalist groups are lead by crooked people who lowkey benefit from the very thing they are against.

Wowzers they already at it
Would love to see herds of elephant Rhino etc start growing again it would be just amazing to see humans doing some good for the world animals

Was toying with the idea of maybe a decade down the line. Can we start printing Pamela Anderson (in her early 20s) clones. It would be a great service to mankind and personally something of benefit

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Except that one of the worst things for the environment in many ways is intensive row agriculture, even for bees. Monocrop agriculture just isn't good for insects and animals and even other plants in the environment, to say nothing of what happens with the runoff when it hits the oceans.

Perhaps, but the world needs feeding, I agree with you on the problems of monocropping, and runoff..it's the process/chemical fertilisers, they wreck the ground over time, make it very unhealthy, no microbes/helpful bacteria, no natural soil web leads to barren earth.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

why?
I cant see any reason other than to humiliate us.

we gave them an inch, and now theyre taking there mile.

It's just how things will progress, while people debate climate change, it's happening, regardless of cause. It takes little to upset the balance. A degree or 2 in the ocean, can be catastrophic for aquatic life, the weather too is affected, it's all connected. I'm not saying light your hair on fire..but it is what it is.

Anyway, eating bugs is far from new, it's certainly more common in other countries though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join