It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.51.S (Area. 51. Security).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
ok weve all heard about it weve alll talked about but what is it? thats right im talking about Groom Lakes very own security guards. Who are they? How do they get hired and are they tracked. Ive heard about this one topic many times but never got a clear good answer about it. Who are the Area 51 securtity guards. Are they ex-black ops or maybe just your average run of te day Mall cop.
This is a qustion ive alwsys wanted anwered for some unknown reason dont ask me why. But hoow would you go about joining the Area 51 securtiy force, how do they respond to disaters and last but not least are they tracked for life like some have said. f you have any info on The Groom Lake security please tell me.

Thank You

mod edit: no all-caps title, please

[edit on 19-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The exterior security force at the Groom Lake facility are provided for by the Wackenhut Corporation (www.wackenhut.com...).

Interior security is not provided by an external contractor, but an internal military force sworn to the upmost secrecy.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ok dude, listen to me. they cannot be mall cops or rent a cops. would you trust highly classified information with a rent a cop? i can almost guarantee you that they are ex-special forces, or they might even be active special forces. and going about getting a job there, you cant go to area 51 and ask for an application. i do know that EG&G hires all or most of area 51's employees. why, are you thinking about getting a job there?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Contractors like Wackenhut, Pinkerton, and EG&G who provide contract security forces to the government have been doing so for many, many years. Getting a security clearance through one of these companies is no more or no less difficult than a member of the US armed forces. They all use the same system.

While it is probably true that many, maybe even most, of the contractor security force personnel are ex-military, it is highly unlikely that they are all ex-special forces. I mean, lets be reasonable about this. Just who the heck are they gonna "jack up" out there? A bunch of computer nerds who get the cajones to venture a couple of hundred yards into restricted areas, whose sole source of physical exercise is getting up from the computer desk to run to the kitchen for a fresh Coke and a few Oreos while their game of Everquest loads up? Talent like that would be wasted out there in a facility that is, for the most part, a low physical security risk. The law enforcement forces on site, I know for a fact, are trained in....law enforcement. Sure, there is a good degree of force protection training for these people. But the fact of the matter is that we need our quality physical security people guarding important sites, like nuclear weapons storage facilities, or places with alot of VIP's. Almost all the LE personnel out at those places are, for better or for worse, no different (talet wise) from guards you will find on other bases. Now, there is a BIG difference in their career and personal quality, as the commanders of these facilities can pick and choose who gets assigned to their facilities, therefore the quality of personnel assigned is much higher. This is necessary, to maintain a high level of professional conduct when dealing with the public, or potentially embarrassing situations. Therfore the quality of personnel at these places is very high, however, it is not a major gathering spot for snake-eaters and CT's. There threat is simply not there.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

they are all snake eaters. all services and they train EVERY day. probably better trained than when they were active duty considering what they protect. don't go fooling around with them -- you would loose

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
There is no real mystery. The Security Forces Squadron at Groom Lake is comprised of both military (USAF) personnel and civilian contract guards, much like at any other Air Force base. They are deployed as a Range Patrol and a Cantonment Patrol. Their mission is to detect, deter, and deny unauthorized persons access to the area, while maintaining a secure environment and protecting the facility's resources from exposure, compromise, theft, or sabotage.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think the camo dudes are contractors working for EG&G Technical Services. But what really I don't understand is, why Groom Lake employs in the watchfulness of his base civil contractors. That is, would not it be safer employ the U.S Air Force Security Forces, who work within the military stratum, and not depend on any outside contractor, to avoid any Information leakage or anything else?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I wonder how much the security would know about it tho. Would they be briefed on it all?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure of there profetional backround, but I do know that at a certain boundry line around Area 51, it is legal for them to kill anyone who passes this line.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Groomforce

LMFAO No dispresect to you my friend, but I have been working very closly with the Air Force SF's (security forces) and I can ASSURE YOU they couldn't fight off a cold.

The person that posted above that discribed thier security as probly not much diffrent than your regular army is on point. I was offered a few jobs with private contracters when I ETS which I have turned down, but they were all the big names Black water, KBR, and Triple Canopy. I am nothing special. I have VERY generic training as far as the army comunity goes. Only special training I have is a Law Enforcement Speciality. As far as combat training goes, we were taught everything that your average soldier learns.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAVERICK05
ok dude, listen to me. they cannot be mall cops or rent a cops. would you trust highly classified information with a rent a cop? i can almost guarantee you that they are ex-special forces, or they might even be active special forces. and going about getting a job there, you cant go to area 51 and ask for an application. i do know that EG&G hires all or most of area 51's employees. why, are you thinking about getting a job there?

The external guards likely aren't even allowed near the entrance to the actual base. They have internal, military guards in there.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CMAN

Wackenhut Corporation provides the security. I know because I asked one (they may be security people but they are still men lol

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAVERICK05

If he was indeed to "apply" for a job there I'm sure one quick look over this post and your frequent visits to ATS and other sites would immediately be grounds to not even take your "application" seriously.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I dont know how the security guards work but I know a firefighter there (relative) who was a firefighter in the Air Force at Nellis and started out at the Las Vegas volunteer department when he got out of the military and was offered a job there.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
The exterior security force at the Groom Lake facility are provided for by the Wackenhut Corporation (www.wackenhut.com...).

Interior security is not provided by an external contractor, but an internal military force sworn to the upmost secrecy.

LOL

Sorry, but wackernut (AKA G4S, AKA Group4) are a laughing stock over hear in The UK for their poor security services. Most notably for loosing prisoners

www.guardian.co.uk...

I see wackenhut.com now redirects to www.g4s.us...

I would never in a hundred years have guessed G4S did the security at Area 51. Are you sure?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Spoken like a true former or active SFmember. You are correct there are two independent forces out there that work hand in hand and end up reporting to an active duty military commander

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

You are incorrect

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

The Security Force is a mix of DoD contractors and Active duty AFSF members. The last contractor was EG@G and they probably change contracts frequently. This iam not sure of

new topics

top topics

join