It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence on Jan 6

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I was thinking about this, and if Pence throws out the electoral votes, then he would be creating political suicide.
I have a feeling instead, he will just go with the flow and let Bidden win the electoral votes, so he can have options in the future.
Perhaps he may want to run as President some day. if he is uses his power now and is the deciding factor, and Bidden STILL gets in some how, then Pence's political future would be over.
I think thats why we hear no word from him. I think thats why hes going on his vaca very soon. He has no plans to invalidate the electoral votes no matter who contests it when they are being voted on.
If he lets it slide, then he will run in 2024, most likely as Pres.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
L.Lin Wood has been Tweeting that Pence is a traitor and should be tried and executed for Treason.

Pence has probably already told Trump and his tea that he no longer wants anything to do with Trump’s delusions and this has prompted Lin Wood to start making crazy accusations on Twitter.

Accusations against the V.P by one of Trump’s top lawyers, there must have been a falling out between Trump and Pence.

apple.news...

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This would show the Trump voters (whom aren’t all diehard Republicans) that Pence isn’t on their side, so I really doubt he would have a successful presidential run afterwards because the people who would currently vote for him would not next time.

It’s a slippery slope, damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.
He would have a better chance as running for President after another four years of Trump.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Everyone isn’t brave enough or committed to the ideal that, “If we hang, we all hang together”.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: loueber

I have a feeling instead, he will just go with the flow and let Bidden win the electoral votes, so he can have options in the future.

I think he has already taken measures to assure passage of the votes....maybe in the courts?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: loueber
Pence was approached before the lawsuit to do this. He declined, and also asked the judge to throw out the lawsuit, which has now been done. Pence is going to do his job and nothing more or less. It is up to congress and senators to object to the vote or not. If enough in both senate and congress object, then evidence will be heard and a decision made.

edit on 1/2/2021 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: loueber

I don't envy Pence's position.

But the only way I see this being Pence's best option is if he's in on any election cheating and is "earning" his future relevance. And if that's the case, then you can bet your bottom dollar that other Republicans are in on the cheating.

If there were truly no cheating, and we can rely on future elections to be fair and honest, then Pence will have totally screwed up any chance of getting the votes of Trumpsters who truly believe there was cheating, who seem to constitute the majority of the Republican party these days.

And if there were cheating, then future elections will all be rigged, with only the chosen being "elected."

Rather, I see Pence's political future depending on him decertifying the states' results and electors, and choosing Trump's electors, thus returning Trump to office.

I hope he does the right thing -- whatever that is.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
1. Pence has no Constitutional authority to "throw out Electoral votes" on Jan. 6.

2. If there are any questions, see Item #1.

I believe that Pence is a very religious man who believes the things he says and tries to live by them. I have not seen, aside from loyalty to Trump, anything in the last four years that suggests that Pence would commit sedition.

I don't think he has much of a future as a Presidential candidate because he's dull as dishwater, but I can see him in the Senate.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Pence's role is CEREMONIAL. Again, I don't understand why some don't understand that.

He will not throw out the votes, he can't.

He will not pass go.

Trump will not be President in less than 20 day.

Move on to the next election and stop being the snowflakes you claimed Hillary supporters where when they lost. Remember how undignified they looked at the time. Well, that's you guys now.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Pence and the Republicans have made their bed. Twisting themselves into knots for four years to please only one person.

They get what they deserve and Karma will be a bitch for them.

a reply to: TheLieWeLive

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Actually, I've come to appreciate the role of the Vice President that was intended in the Constitution in all this nonsense.

They serve as the PRESIDENT of the Senate. That means, constitutionally, that the Vice President opens every Senate session and presides over (i.e. controls) the actions on the floor.

These powers have been ceded over time to the President Pro Tem and mostly to the Majority Leader ... but they shouldn't be. From John Adams through Richard Nixon, the Vice Presidents actively did their Constitutional duty.

This is a vital check and balance intended by the Framers that must be restored. No, the Rules of the Senate do not overcome the Constitution.
edit on 2-1-2021 by Gryphon66 because: Formmat

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would presume that its just as likely many of the Republicans have gone dark to stop the constant spin tornado of the left. We will know whats cooking when the 6th comes and these folks are forced to put it on the record.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Thank you for the voice of common sense

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
1. Pence has no Constitutional authority to "throw out Electoral votes" on Jan. 6.

I believe that Pence is a very religious man who believes the things he says and tries to live by them. I have not seen, aside from loyalty to Trump, anything in the last four years that suggests that Pence would commit sedition.

I don't think he has much of a future as a Presidential candidate because he's dull as dishwater, but I can see him in the Senate.

You love throwing out the word sedition when it comes to the GOP & Trump but I don't recall seeing you say it one single time about the Democrats who tried ousting Trump with false accusations, nor did I see it anywhere in your writings about the rioters that were attempting to overthrow state and local governments last spring. If there is one thing about you I have learned over the last couple of years it's that you're at least consistent.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Sounds like L.Lin Wood is a bit deranged, when was the last useless politician excecuted in a civilised country? I understand it happens in other parts of the world but most will usually derided them for having out of date principles

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Ironic that someone who is actively trying to subvert the election is saying others are guilty of treason.

Trump and Wood are both guilty of the crimes they are accusing others of.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I've only been throwing out the word sedition when the President and his allies started committing it by attempting to overthrow our election.

I'm not sure if I've called any actions of the Democrats "seditious" or not. By and large, I see the Democrats in power as a group of bumbling corporatists who lack a spine and anything resembling political expertise.

I didn't call the impeachment seditious because it wasn't. It was conducted in line with the Constitution.

Riots are spontaneous actions and are not considered insurrection or sedition, which is why riots are in general misdemeanors rather than felonies. Federal Statute

No, no rioters or protesters tried to overthrow a government with the possible exception of a group in Portland, which was recognized by the Portland government as a protest rather than an insurrection.

Therefore, none of your examples on the part of "Democrats" are incidents of sedition (or insurrection.)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Ironic that someone who is actively trying to subvert the election is saying others are guilty of treason.

Trump and Wood are both guilty of the crimes they are accusing others of.

That's their MO ... it's called inversion.

/shrug

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I don't think Pence will do anything except what is expected of him... but I've been thinking about what it would look like if he did. Or what it might look like. None of the pictures I come up with are pretty.

But I'm not seeing any prettier pictures if Pence does do exactly what is expected. And I think Trump is by far the biggest wild card. What would Trump have to lose at that point? How far would he go for either petty vengeance or righteous indignation? My best guess is a massive dump of previously classified intel for worldwide perusal and examination. Scorched earth Trump style. He could absolutely destroy Biden's presidency before it even starts. And probably every OG critter in DC. Effectively forcing a reset -- for better AND worse.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

If it weren't for the potential death and destruction, I have to admit, I'd like to see what happened if Trump did try to declare martial law.

I think he'd be summarily removed under the 25th Amendment.

Pence is a religious man. I think he will do what he thinks is right.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join