It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The L.A. Comic Convention!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
alright a buddy of mine talked me into going to it, i'll be there sunday. This will be my first comic convention and hopefully i'll be going to the big one in San Diego later this year
, I'm not sure if anybody else here has been to one of these, but i'm kinda excited about it!!! if anybody else is in the area here a link
store.yahoo.com...

my opnion they need somebody decent to work on their convention websites!hard to get all the info you need. wish me luck
~

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Dude! Stan Lee is going to be there.

I've never been to a comic convention but if I were you I would take a lot of cash. You are going to want to buy everything
Geoff Johns is going to be there so bring your Green Lantern: rebirth comics for him to sign. After that take your prized signed book to the CGC booth and get them to grade it and seal it. If they grade it a 9.5 or higher I bet it would be valued in the neighborhood of $350.00. I don't know what CGC charges but like I said take as much money as you can.

You have to go see the exclusive Batman begins footage they are showing. Then come back here and give it a review

You are going to have a blast!

Oh, and if you see Kevin Smith, punch him in the face for me

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
HA! yeah stan the man wont be there on sunday , at least i don't think so. I gotta work tommorrow and i'm hella peeved on missing the dude. DUde i'm gonna tell you ALL About it. well if a get an oppurtunity i'll shove kevin smith for ya bud
, may i ask why though? i hadn't thought he had pissed off anyone?i'm limiting my cash i bring though cause i don't want to spend alot of money
, i'll take pics YAH!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It's funny.
I've always been fan of Kevin Smith's movies, and I still am.
I think I first wanted to punch him after watching the extras on the Jay and Silent Bob DVD. There is this one deleted scene (deleted for good reason) with Scooby-doo rolled over and it spends a long time looking at the sick animal's penis. It really grossed me out and I feel the need to punish Kevin Smith for it

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
that is WAAAAAAAY gross dude, i wish you never told me that, if i get a chance i'll slap em
, one more day to go WOOHOO tommorrow i get to go!!!! WOOHOO YAH!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Twelve more hours and WOOHOO I'll be at teh convention!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I guess you do miss out on Stan Lee
. He was only there on Wednesday.
Same with Joss Whedon. You will get to see Kevin Smith(hit him
) and Jason Mews. If you don't hit Smith for me, at least you have to ask him if he will ever get to do a Fletch movie with Jason Lee.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Okay i just came back from the convention it was AWESOME!!!!! i wish i had taken money but i'm glad i didn't. I'm gonna post pics tommorrow, Unfortunetly i missed the big saturday where EVERYTHING happened!!! but i did see some cool stuff. SOrry umbrax i didn't get close to Kevin smith for ya, I got pushed aside
.i took the pics on my buddies digital cam and there are only a handful of pics i took , i will post them tommorrow(or whenever he uploads them to me) with a general outlay of my day in Geek Heaven!!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
okay I got PHOTOS!!!!

Unfortunetly most of them didn't come out. So your gonna have to settle for the crap that came out semi-decent.

This is outside the Long Beach Convention Center. Where they held the Wizard Los angeles COmic convention.

That was the Incredible hulk statue, and it was the only Statue like that. I thought i would have seen more cool stuff like that, but i was left disapointed in that department.

that's me being a dork and screaming. i'm strange sometimes what can i say.
most of the people didn't even notice me doing it over all the noise anyway.

that's actually jason Mewes, He was very polite and doesn't look as white trash in real life hehe.but seriosly he was really cool.

that's kevin smith , i was trying to ask him for a photo (and was considering the promise i made umbrax) but he was kinda mobbed. He was the nicest guy in the world. even when he was on his way out. He didn't mind all the photos and signing autographs. A class act all the way.

Hey Look he's going bald!!!!!hehe, he had this funky hairdo , I guess he's trying to enjoy the hair while he still has it.

Thats me my friend todd and ALEX ROSS!!!!! Dude he was totally cool too! he seemed really relax and chill the whole time. He actually didn't rush anyone away when he was doing autographs. He let them Worship him as long as they wanted. This was probably the highpoint in my day. I don't know what I did , but he looked at me like I weirded him out as I was leaving. Do you think he new I was planning to kidnap him and stick him in my basement to complete my Alex Ross collection?

they Q&A with the cast of Serenity the firefly show on fox that got picked up to be made a movie. the creator and director in Joss Whedon. This was a very pleasant experience. The cast was Way funny and the preview they showed us was way cool!

another picture of todd.

as I was walking around i found alot of booths filled with people trying to sell or promote their comics. the above picture was from one of the many Artistic Whores who will draw you anything as long as you give them between 5 to 15bucks.

I just really couldn't get enough of the simpson/marvel drawings.

I walked around the whole freaken day and the only costumed people were Mary marvel and Captain Marvel Jr.

There really wasn't alot to take pictures of , they just had every kind of comic and comic memoriblilia you could imagine there. I was also surprised by the amount of highschool/college kids there. I thought for sure it would just be a large garthering of the guys i see at the comic book store every month. but it wasn't
lots and lots of people. from all walks of life.

well i was there all day and i really can't tell you what the hell i did all day. I jsut wandered with fellow nerds, they could've promoted it better and had a better outlay! I spent a couple of years working at fairs and home and garden shows, boats shows etc etc , and i can say they really could have done things to make it more visually stimulating than it was. but i'm not complaining, I can't wait to go again! maybe next time i'll go when stan lee is there!

What i actually enjoyed was people from really old tv shows sitting their signing autographs.............okay there weren't signing autographs they' were waiting for people to ask them to sign autographs. some of them looked so sad
, I would've taken pics but i was laughing and dared not walk near them with a camera. I have no right to make their day worse

well until next time this is me saying goodbye

****caution staring at bordnlazy's man Nipples May cause blindness******

[edit on 21-3-2005 by bordnlazy]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thats awesome! You got to meet Alex Ross and Jason Mews!

Heh, getting that pic of Kevin Smith's bald spot more than makes up for not hitting him
. He was on the local morning show not so long ago. He was wearing that same red thing

Those Simpson pics were pretty cool.

Did you get Alex Ross to sign anything of yours?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Actually no i didn't , I didn't bring Any Comics!! but Next time I'm going Prepared!!!! Yeah the bald spot Cracked me up too! Dude they did have alot of cool stuff there i know you would have loved it! It was AAAAAAAAAAa i'm still overloaded man. They Had ALL the COMICs THAT WERE EVER PRINTED!!!!!!!!
can you Imagine that? all of it for sale! original artist sketches , Old school Knight rider shirts!! dude i was in heaven!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
All the good conventions are so far away from me. Hopefully one day I will be able to get to one, and have lots of cash. I'd probably go broke at a Comic convention

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
both the freinds i went with spent all their money! I only brought 40bucks to spend but honestly man i couldn't choose what to buy. There was Too much to choose from! I waited and waited and couldn't make up my mind. What's funny though is you'll see a comic selling for 5bucks at one stand and you'll see the same one sell for 2 at someone elses same condition and everything. the coolest thing i saw was a guys selling pulp comics the Really old ones before the 30s.

top topics

join