It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn Wells, Mary Ann on ‘Gilligan’s Island,’ Dead at 82 After Battle With COVID-19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Full Title - Dawn Wells, Mary Ann on ‘Gilligan’s Island,’ Dead at 82 After Battle With COVID-19

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dawn Wells, who played the wholesome Mary Ann among a misfit band of shipwrecked castaways on the 1960s sitcom “Gilligan’s Island,” died Wednesday of causes related to COVID-19, her publicist said. She was 82.

Wells died peacefully at a living facility in Los Angeles, publicist Harlan Boll said.

Bad end to 2020.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   
She must of been ran over by a tank than blown up by artillery. Cause of death: Covid -19

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It was a sad moment to discover that she's gone.
I watched Gilligan every day after school.
And of all things to take her - Covid-19

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I always thought she was a sweetie. Had a crush on her in the 60s.

A quote from the article." Two years ago, a friend launched a GoFundMe drive to help cover medical and other costs for Wells, although she protested she didn't need the assistance. She did end up acknowledging her need and accepted more than $180,000 in donations."

So she had been battling COVID for over two years?

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
My brothers and childhood guy friends all liked the Mary Ann character better than Ginger.

It's sad that she has died, and in relative obscurity like so many famous people toward the end. At least it got reported, but they could give people a chance to send well wishes by letting the public know how these old celebs are getting along before it's too late.

Loosing a famous actor or musician from our youth reminds us of our own mortality as well as the passing away of an era we grew up in. Knowing that everything from your youth is passing away adds greatly to the mourning of someone like Dawn Wells. A whole world has died a little along with her.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

RIP Dawn.
She sure was a cutie back in the day.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1

It was a sad moment to discover that she's gone.
I watched Gilligan every day after school.
And of all things to take her - Covid-19

The article says “causes related to covid-19.” If they are saying that, instead of flat-out saying she died from covid-19, then it means she didn’t even have covid-19.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

RIP Dawn! Thanks for all the laughs on Gilligan's Island!

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Always thought Mary Ann was way hotter than Ginger as a kid!

RIP Dawn Wells.

I always thought it pretty ironic that Ginger was played off as the beauty queen, but in reality it was Dawn Wells who won Miss Nevada Pageant and who represented Nevada in the 1960 Miss America Pageant.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
RIP, Mary Ann/Ms. Wells

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
She was in poor health for a while, she tried to eat decently, but said it did not help her that much when she got older. Diet is not going to help everyone, especially when you follow fads like what is accepted by consensus of the day now....eating too much veggies is not good for people. Moderation needs to be observed.

I never realized she was so much older than me. I watched the show all the time when I was young, she seemed so young to me, yet in say sixty five, I was only ten yet she was probably twenty two years old. She dressed young though on Gilligan's Island, like a teenager. I have to say I had a little crush on her, also Penny from Lost in Space.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
She was in poor health for a while, she tried to eat decently, but said it did not help her that much when she got older. Diet is not going to help everyone, especially when you follow fads like what is accepted by consensus of the day now....eating too much veggies is not good for people. Moderation needs to be observed.

I never realized she was so much older than me. I watched the show all the time when I was young, she seemed so young to me, yet in say sixty five, I was only ten yet she was probably twenty two years old. She dressed young though on Gilligan's Island, like a teenager. I have to say I had a little crush on her, also Penny from Lost in Space.

I get the Mary Ann crush...But Penny (LIS)?

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I was a fifteen year old nerd....what do you expect. Ginger scared me. Penny was a normal girl like the ones in school.

This was in sixty five, things were different back then, many fourteen year old boys were kind of afraid of girls that were super affectionate and overly sexy back those days. I grew up a Lutheran.

Looking back, maybe I should have remained afraid of those women and girls. I would probably be rich if I did.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

eating too much veggies is not good for people. Moderation needs to be observed.

😂😂 Yeah don't forget to get your RDA of hormone and puss filled animal secretions, and rotting flesh that was raised in its own excrement!

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

eating too much veggies is not good for people. Moderation needs to be observed.

😂😂 Yeah don't forget to get your RDA of hormone and puss filled animal secretions, and rotting flesh that was raised in its own excrement!

I eat grass fed organic beef, and do not buy chickens that have been fed hormones or antibiotics. The pork is the only thing I get commercial factory raised, and even then it is no hormone and no antibiotic pork. But that does not mean they don't put the live bacteria into the food that forms the antibiotics. Or feed the animals foods such as soybeans that increase hormones in the animals. Soy is not a super food by any means, but we have been led to believe it is.

I'll stick to eating meat, I know farmers and their pens and stalls are clean. Same with the chicken coups. Now think of this, where does all of that cow manure go, it gets sprayed onto fields to grow veggies most times. I grew up on a farm, I know how things work.
edit on 1-1-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Full Title - Dawn Wells, Mary Ann on ‘Gilligan’s Island,’ Dead at 82 After Battle With COVID-19

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dawn Wells, who played the wholesome Mary Ann among a misfit band of shipwrecked castaways on the 1960s sitcom “Gilligan’s Island,” died Wednesday of causes related to COVID-19, her publicist said. She was 82.

Wells died peacefully at a living facility in Los Angeles, publicist Harlan Boll said.

Bad end to 2020.

Interesting...There is now only one cause of death...You're either alive or covid killed you...

top topics

join