It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Ghostly Circles in the Sky Can’t Be Explained by Current Theories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

All is not lost! Put up neon signs around Marianas Trench. Stat!

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: steaming
a reply to: Gothmog

Beans again ?

Wait.
That's another intriguing theory.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Alright so hear me out, when NASA shot off their own radio signals out into space. They didn't realize that there were creatures that exist made up of radio waves bound by some kind of as of yet unexplainable quantum physics stuff. The radio signal that NASA shot off was actually remarkably similar to the mating call of these creatures.

2021 is going to be the year of alien annihilation when these energy being get here and realize there is no energy alien vagina waiting for them.

Nor any whales for V’ger! We’re screwed!

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Are they red shifting or blue? I'm too lazy to look.
Unless you know something I don't, there's no way to tell with radio waves from an unknown source. The one image shown in the link has a galaxy at the center, but they don't know if that's related or just a coincidence. If they were related, then you could determine the redshift of the light from the galaxy at the center.

Radio waves will Doppler shift too, but I suppose you'd need to know what the frequency was to know how it shifted.

Just wondering if this circle was heading away from Earth or toward it. Who knows? It could be stationary or I guess it may be traveling in any direction from our point of view, left, right, up, down, or any angle in between.
edit on 1-1-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

But it could also be the Companion... (TOS: s2e9)

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

This story appeared on the BBC recently and I was going to post it, but it appears ATS already was aware of it in July, yet we have not had a decent explanation, come on alien overlords make an appearance in 2021

Astronomy: 'Odd radio circles' in the sky a ‘genuine mystery’

4 mysterious objects spotted in deep space are unlike anything ever seen

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Interdimensional lizards in space?

That
is
ridiculous

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Radio waves will Doppler shift too, but I suppose you'd need to know what the frequency was to know how it shifted.
Right, and we don't know what the frequency was for radio waves from an unknown source. We know the original frequency of visible light (or red-shifted infrared) from the stars. That's why it matters if the radio cloud can be associated with a visible light structure, like the orange galaxy in the middle of this picture from the article in the OP:

Just wondering if this circle was heading away from Earth or toward it. Who knows? It could be stationary or I guess it may be traveling in any direction from our point of view, left, right, up, down, or any angle in between.
Those concepts are not straightforward in cosmology, where you have to specify the type of motion you're talking about. A distant galaxy's redshift could indicate it's receding from us at two times the speed of light (consistent with the Hubble flow) yet it could be considered "stationary" if its relative motion compared to other galaxies close to it is small (that's called peculiar velocity).

In the case of the orange galaxy at the center of one of the radio cloud pictured above (Is that circular or spherical?), I'd guess it's orange-looking due to red-shift, so the Hubble flow would have it receding, but that tells us nothing about its peculiar velocity relative to, say, its local group of galaxies.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Mind boggling how much involved with such huge distances in what may be an infinite volume of space. Everything is in motion with no single point of reference that is stationary (like a center point). Not to mention how long it took the signal to reach earth, that cloud is long gone now after occurring so long ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join