It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Independence Day (Brexit)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

My guess is the regret will lie with the poor sods unlucky enough not to possess a nice big money lined bank account and Ivory tower to ride out the coming storm.

AKA anybody that's not an overprivileged Tory sod with a silver spoon lodged where the sun don't shine.

Covid?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

If me and mine, manage to see the bright side or silver lining to Brexit this side of 2040, ile be rather surprised put it that way.

Is done now all the same, so as they say Que Sera Sera.

The Tories have made our bed, be nice if the 320,000+ poor homeless sods on our streets or in temporary accommodation had one to lie in all the same, or even a house to keep the rain and snow off there heads.
edit on 3-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Aye there doing a rare job attempting to polish that dangerous little turd also.

Still not flushing through is it?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Aye there doing a rare job attempting to polish that dangerous little turd also.

Still not flushing through is it?

Seems to be working full steam ahead

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm sure Captain Edward Smith alluded to something along those lines and it did not work out to well for most people concerned.

I mean what could possibly go wrong with Boris at the helm???

edit on 3-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: fusionfilm

Congrats to the United Kingdom.

If anyone ends up truly regretting the departure of the UK from the EU, it will be the smaller countries in the EU. The Franco-German MyWay is about to be paved over them.

Cheers

Boy, that didn't take long.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel's strong push to conclude the EU-China deal in the last days of the year has left a bad aftertaste among a group of EU countries who said they felt ignored.

Officials from Italy, Poland, Belgium and Spain criticized the way Germany pushed through the investment agreement with China in the final days of the German presidency of the Council of the EU, despite their warnings that the timing was tone deaf to slave labor concerns in China and risked alienating incoming U.S. President Joe Biden.

The officials said they felt steamrolled by Merkel and the "German engine" inside the European Commission, in particular Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and trade department director Sabine Weyand, who are both German.

“There’s a lot of frustration among smaller countries about the way the Commission has been used to push through one of Merkel’s pet projects at the end of her term and the end of her legacy,” said one EU diplomat.

“Is this the way the EU will work post-Brexit? The Brits are just out and we’re already missing their open market-oriented approach," the diplomat said. "If Germany weighs in too much, smaller EU countries have nothing to say."

Cheers
edit on 4-1-2021 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Congrats to the United Kingdom.

If anyone ends up truly regretting the departure of the UK from the EU, it will be the smaller countries in the EU. The Franco-German MyWay is about to be paved over them.

Cheers

Boy, that didn't take long.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel's strong push to conclude the EU-China deal in the last days of the year has left a bad aftertaste among a group of EU countries who said they felt ignored.

Officials from Italy, Poland, Belgium and Spain criticized the way Germany pushed through the investment agreement with China in the final days of the German presidency of the Council of the EU, despite their warnings that the timing was tone deaf to slave labor concerns in China and risked alienating incoming U.S. President Joe Biden.

The officials said they felt steamrolled by Merkel and the "German engine" inside the European Commission, in particular Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and trade department director Sabine Weyand, who are both German.

“There’s a lot of frustration among smaller countries about the way the Commission has been used to push through one of Merkel’s pet projects at the end of her term and the end of her legacy,” said one EU diplomat.

“Is this the way the EU will work post-Brexit? The Brits are just out and we’re already missing their open market-oriented approach," the diplomat said. "If Germany weighs in too much, smaller EU countries have nothing to say."

Cheers

Amazing isn't it... My grandfather fought for 6 years of his life in the war, watched his friends die, his two brothers get blown up in front of him, fighting for our freedom against Hitler.

All these years later Germany got their wish and rule Europe... Think about that for a second.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yes think about that indeed.

My grandfather done the same thing in the Royal Navy.

WW1 and WW2 was supposed to unite Europe for a 1000 years of peace via a united European continent, not pull it apart in 50.

Which means the process and problems that divided and separated the nations will simply repeat.

Because that's what history does it repeats as we refuse to learn from one generation to the next.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Jack Ma the pied piper for western style entrepreneurship has been silenced by the communists in Asia which might be an indication of an isolationist agenda there as well. Japan and US stock markets are seeing new all time highs and the German DAX joined the club December 28th reaching a new high of 13902.47 December 29th. Stock markets are a gamble, doesn't feel like a good time to buy stock at these heights but look what bitcoin did after doubling. It might be healthier for the stock markets to have several pull backs which causes healthy cash flow rotations. Fewer and fewer investors are using stop loss orders to park money on the sidelines so what happens after everybody is in?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'll bet that as a Briton with such a family history, what has gone on recently is galling.

It would be easy to point fingers over this mess. But with Germany and France heading back to the old way of doing things at the expense of the lesser nations, it is not surprising that the UK decided to also return to an older way of being. I honestly think the UK will end up better off for having stepped away.

The "lesser nations", not so much. I feel for their regular people; it is those in their governments that failed them when the EU's political architecture was developed.

"Rule Europe". Certainly true to an extent; these days conquest is made by controlling a country's media and its finances. One notes well those countries that have jealously guarded having their own currency (winks at UK), it makes departure from the EU less complicated than it already is.

Cheers

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join