It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Mistake or something else W. Virginia Gives Antibody instead of Vaccine

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The West Virginia National Guard admitted Thursday that 42 people expecting to receive the Moderna vaccine for COVID-19 were instead accidentally given the Regeneron antibody used to treat infections.

The mistake occurred at a vaccination clinic hosted by staff at the Boone County Health Department, and all of the people who accidentally received the wrong product are being contacted by the department, the National Guard said in a statement.

Simple mistake or so much more?
From the get go people said that the ones getting the "vaccine" publicly weren't really getting the vaccine. Maybe that is true.
Is it possible they were getting the antibodies instead?

I'll admit that I'm not medically versed enough to know, but would it be safer to get the antibodies instead of the vaccine?
How could such a mistake be made, and is it common.

Regeneron has been touted by President Trump as helping to cure him of COVID-19 when he contracted the virus in November.

Hmmmmm.. Were those vials set aside for certain people????? To "vaccinate" them?

This more than anything is also the reason why people need the ability to sue if things get screwed up.
If I think I'm getting the Vaccine, or whatever, that should absolutely be what I'm getting.
On a side note, whenever you get medication of any kind, be sure to check it over, mistakes are made all the time.

edit on 31-12-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Regeneron sounds like the next zombie virus....

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It is called artificially acquired passive immunity so they will be immune for a short period of time.....
Almost like a vaccine but better.

Maybe people wanting the vaccine could just choose the regeneron seems to be less of a problem with the same end result.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
With antibodies, you go right to the punch.

A vaccine is the first step on the road to your body creating those antibodies.

So basically, you're just skipping a step or two.

But in the long run, the vaccine is the way to go. Your body will create it's own antibodies that will do the exact same thing as what they just injected into those people. But your body will remember how to make those antibodies the next time the virus is present in your system. Making the infection much less severe or non existent.

And this does sound like a mistake. But it might be a good idea to be absolutely sure what you're injecting into someone's body.

edit on 31-12-2020 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2020 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Makes ya wonder, how many 'health professionals' handled these injections, up until the point someone actually read the label, and said : " Hey ! Wait a second... " ?

Lot's of blind trust involved, unfortunately.

"Hey doc ! What's in the Kool-Aid™ ? "

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This can't be a mistake. Isn't Regeneron $2000 a dose and is given via IV? So, not only did several people in the supply chain not read the box or vial but someone sent a box of Regeneron to a location that would have never had Regeneron sent to them to begin with.

Of course, now they will give these people the vaccine and Regeneron will be required to check up on them, to wit: Study. Then if these people show they were immediately immune AND their bodies began to create antibodies immediately after the correct vaccine was administered this will help Regeneron receive clearance to use Regeneron before someone is even infected.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Any sane person would think with something this "serious", the mistakes and incompetence would be gone by now.

But no of course not.

Especially with these so called officials making conflicting statements with high impact repercussions 🤡

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, I would think that too ... totally.

But working in a hospital, dealing with the entry level employees who draw the blood, stock shelves, and although they do not actually 'give' medicines or shots, sometimes they can snarl up the process that later causes a mistake to be made by a more 'upper level' RN or MD ... I am not surprised at all. Sux. Humans. (though don't get me wrong: I love humans!)

edit on 31-12-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Wait, the Guard did this?

Well considering I have dredged through dumpsters at midnight looking for armory keys that have been in someone's pocket. Trekked through the woods and swamps looking for weapons and pro masks. Been part of a process to get memos from the state and feds for bolt cutting too many locks from lost keys. Oh, and getting 3 flu shots in one year and the MMR sequence multiple times due to lost paperwork.

Yep this is totally possible. Definitely not out of the ordinary.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
With antibodies, you go right to the punch.

A vaccine is the first step on the road to your body creating those antibodies.

So basically, you're just skipping a step or two.

But in the long run, the vaccine is the way to go. Your body will create it's own antibodies that will do the exact same thing as what they just injected into those people. But your body will remember how to make those antibodies the next time the virus is present in your system. Making the infection much less severe or non existent.

And this does sound like a mistake. But it might be a good idea to be absolutely sure what you're injecting into someone's body.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Just stating FACTS.

I know, I know, you guys are allergic to them. I get it.

a reply to: Flesh699

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

If this was a mistake, I'd be seriously worried. That whole facility needs looking at from a safety perspective. This time it was an experimental drug, next time it might be whatever dangerous thing that they keep at that facility.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Could be;

investor.regeneron.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Even going by the official stats, medical errors kill the same amount of people each year as covid (if not more), so its not a huge surprise..

Its not like anyone knows what is really in a lot of these shots anyway. For a very large portion of the population, a vaccine is literally the only way they would ever have a perspective shift on the situation. Just giving out saline solution would probably be an effective move after a year of weaponized information. I dont think that is whats happening, but an injection of "something" is the only way out for many people. Doesnt really matter what is in them in that context.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: steaming

Its nuts, I know for a fact none of my medics would have done this, but there are medics out there who rush and are overworked. The 5 or 6 or however many R's there are now should be drilled into their minds. Even if someone confirmed, they still should have not followed through. Unless they were mislabeled, expensive mistake.

Here is all you ever wanted to know about monoclonal antibodies including how they're named and potential issues.

Nomenclature of humanized mAbs

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This seems nearly impossible. How many people had to screw up - or be just utterly reckless and negligent. It's not one person making a mistake - its an unbroken chain of multiple people in error many times without anyone realizing it.

I'm surprised losing track of $84,000 worth of Regeneron didn't have the place on lockdown long before they realized they were injecting it into people

They're lucky it wasn't vials of HIV they were so negligent with.

new topics

top topics

join