It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stevens Leads Fight For Oil Drilling (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska has been fighting for oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Known for wearing an Incredible Hulk tie when going into debate Ted Stevens has been on the Senate for 24 years. He has come close to opening a part of the ANWR several times and has lost by less then ten everytime. He is now pulling a "play of the week" in an attempt to get the ANWR drilling done.

www.cnn.com
Sen. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, has been at this a long time, as he acknowledged a week ago.

"I'm seriously depressed, unfortunately, clinically depressed," said Stevens. "And I've been told that [it's] because I've been at this too long."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Ted Stevens, Republican Senator for 24 years, is now doing what they call the "play of the week". While it is known as the play of his political career to others, he is trying to do something he has not done in 24 years. He has even admitted to this causing his depression for the lack of success.

Related News Links:
www.petroleumnews.com

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It would appear to me that 75% +/- of Alaskans want/support ANWR being opened, as well.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Based on mean United States Geological Survey (USGS) estimates of oil potential in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) (10.4 billion barrels*)

Now check this out!

www.gasandoil.com...

ANWR is a drop in the bucket, we need to be looking for other resources to take the place of oil and fast!

new topics

join