It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What news to post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have been wondering about this question for a while. Should we post current world events, such as the tsunami disaster and high profile court cases, or should we just stick with conspiracy related material? I know it is possible to put a conspiracy with any world event but for the most part these stories are just current world news. One thing that I have noticed though, is the fact that a lot of the current news stories that I read are actually posted on ATS before any other main stream outlets. It's actually kind of nice to be able to rely on this site to get current breaking news, with little spin. I'm kind of up in the air as to what I believe should be posted as news on ATS, for I like keeping the topics on conspiracy related items but I also appreciate knowing I can find reliable information on whats happening in the world. What are your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Major world events have always been an importnat community event within ATSNN.

It's not always easy. The new system seems to have promoted posting anything as news, rather than posting what's important news for both the community, and our topical focus.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
good question

personally I like world events stories that affect policies, large numbers of people, politics, natural disasters, terrorism, confirmed technology and medical related news.

basically stories that mainstream media doesn't spend hours on, you know the kind of stuff you see on a streaming headline or hear a little blurb about and then it gets buried in favor of car chase coverage and sensational celebrity trials.

but that is just my opinion, i'm sure others have a total different perception than i do about this.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I enjoy coming here and getting breaking news. It's also nice to watch the story develop and see the spin being applied.

Sometimes an irrelevant news story does play into an existing conspiracy story. It's nice to have it posted here for our own review.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I can't agree more Qwas. For instance, the thread banshee started on the tsunami was great for it offered me more info than I could have found any where else. That thread also showed though, that you can apply a conspiracy to almost any news story as there were inevitably those that claimed foul.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Major world events have always been an importnat community event within ATSNN.

It's not always easy. The new system seems to have promoted posting anything as news, rather than posting what's important news for both the community, and our topical focus.

I agree, major world events will always play an improtant role here and even more so as we continue to grow. I really like the new system though, and I believe that, in time, these problems will work themselves out. Once everyone gets a sense of what will be accepted and what will be tanked, I belive that the topics covered will begin to become more focused and reflect why we are all truly here.

top topics

join