It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos From Area 51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

It totally makes sense. What they use it for is a different matter.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I would assume so. From the aerial shots it's difficult to judge the length of the runway the road leads off from. The Stanford one had a 3km linear section before curving around. My idea is just conjecture, but I guess it would make sense to have an accelerator of sorts in Area 51.

Ok, I found someone who has estimated the length of the runway at 12,750ft (about 3.8km), but is reckoned to be even longer with the runoff areas.

Take it for what it's worth ---> source Skyshadows.com

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
He should put on a GPR and take a look what hides under the ground in that area.

I’m pretty sure you have to be flying almost directly over the area when using gpr, which means he would be getting shot down long before getting to use it to look at the base.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

It totally makes sense. What they use it for is a different matter.

My imagination runs riot thinking about it, but developing an ion blaster would have been my personal choice. Star Wars is your friend!

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Maybe that curving road off the runway is for the pilots who are testing out a new plane/jet/UFO.....it’s the road they take when they’re just about to take off the ground and say “Oh f*ck this, I don’t trust this f*ckin’ thing!”.

Joking aside, I wonder if it’s meant for taxi’ing several planes? Land one, then as it travels along the road, it gets further away from the runway, keeping a safe distance from any other flights coming in shortly after? I’m just talking out of my ass as I have no idea how any of that stuff is taken care of.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Semper Supra!

Space force

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Roads!?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The curved "road" is an emergency abort marking on the lakebed. The original runway had just such an Archimedes curve that was nicknamed "The Hook." I spoke with a few people about it including a former Red Hats pilot who had to use the Hook once during a real emergency. A pilot making an aborted takeoff can use the line and curve for reference during the subsequent emergency landing. Otherwise the featureless quality of the lakebed surface makes it difficult to judge altitude.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

For several years now you've been able to fly close to both Tonopah and Groom, as long as the ranges were closed, and you coordinated ahead of time. You still can't enter base airspace, but you can do like he did and get close.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

There used to be some spots, but if I remember correctly they pushed back the boundaries a while back and made it very hard to view. At this point you'd need some very expensive equipment to see the base...and since there is probably only 1 or 2 good spots to see down, they would be very aware of who and where anyone around there is. Trying to see the secret sauce there now is not likely.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowhawk

The curved "road" is an emergency abort marking on the lakebed. The original runway had just such an Archimedes curve that was nicknamed "The Hook." I spoke with a few people about it including a former Red Hats pilot who had to use the Hook once during a real emergency. A pilot making an aborted takeoff can use the line and curve for reference during the subsequent emergency landing. Otherwise the featureless quality of the lakebed surface makes it difficult to judge altitude.

Thank you for the information. First hand experience is just too precious in these cases. That makes much more sense and Drucifer was on the right track.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

There used to be some spots, but if I remember correctly they pushed back the boundaries a while back and made it very hard to view. At this point you'd need some very expensive equipment to see the base...and since there is probably only 1 or 2 good spots to see down, they would be very aware of who and where anyone around there is. Trying to see the secret sauce there now is not likely.

Yes, you're right; I had heard about that. If memory serves, I also remember hearing that S4 was the location where some of the more 'exotic' craft were alleged to be originating from, based on the things said by Bob Lazaar and John Leer.

I also believe that any secret sauce that used to be at these installations has long since been moved elsewhere, as it would seem to be operationally unwise to continue working/testing with them around Area 51 after all of these stories and sightings.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Groom is busier than ever. They've built several new hangars and shelters there in the past few years. There's no reason not to. People have been watching the base for years and have so far caught almost nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Zaphod is right. Satellite and aerial imagery shows continuous growth and upgrades to the base, and the "Janet" fleet flies in and out all day carrying military and contractor personnel back and forth from Las Vegas. The base population included more than 2,000 people (and no little green men).

Bob Lazar's "S4" was a work of fiction. Again, check out the overhead imagery. Gabe Zeifman has flown over and around Papoose Lake on a few occasions over the past year, and taken some great pictures.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks Zaphod and Shadowhawk.

Here is a mundane question that popped into my mind as I was looking at the pic I linked in page 1.

If you zoom in on the photo just to the left of the control tower and follow a line 270 deg clockwise (towards the structures on the installation), you'll see what appears to be a squat, 2 story red/brown office type building. In behind that, it seems like there is a parking lot full of vehicles. I can't zoom in that clearly, but it looks like a mix of many different types, so I'm assuming these are civilian vehicles.

I was wondering what to make of that. I'd always heard that employees working at the facility commute in daily via a jet that departs from McCarran Airport. I'd estimate there a few dozen vehicles parked in the main lot, which was more than I would've expected if the bulk of personnel are flying in.

I wonder if these are VIPs that actually drive into the facility, if they're maybe locals that have clearance there for everyday activities (bringing in food, cleaning, delivering supplies), or if these are utility vehicles just to get to different parts of the installation. Maybe all 3? Seemed surprising to me as I'd always heard the rumor about the daily commuter jet, and I figured there would a minimal vehicle presence, even less than 40-50 cars.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

They need to get around to different parts of the base, so the base motorpool will have vehicles available for use. There may be some vehicles that are driven in, for people that live on the base, but I believe a lot of them are motorpool vehicles.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
For several years now you've been able to fly close to both Tonopah and Groom, as long as the ranges were closed, and you coordinated ahead of time. You still can't enter base airspace, but you can do like he did and get close.

I have spoken to Gabriel, and other people. From what I have been told, "sometimes all you have to do is ask".
And asking on a day when for sure nothing is going on (like Christmas Day when these pictures were taken) your odds are much higher to be given the OK.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowhawk
Bob Lazar's "S4" was a work of fiction. Again, check out the overhead imagery. Gabe Zeifman has flown over and around Papoose Lake on a few occasions over the past year, and taken some great pictures.

Gabe's previous shots of Papoose and Lazar's "S4" were much analyzed, and these will be scrutinized even more. Yet the Lazarians will still cling to his fable. I'm sure if you were able to take them to the spot, and hand them a shovel, they would STILL debate it.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Apparently this was his flight path:
flightaware.com...
Mr. Zeifman has some BIG balls. I am sure he got a call from Groom Tower, and he was carefully tracked to make sure he didn't cross the border/Box. In the past people who did anything similar were buzzed by the fighters stationed at the base.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

You can actually hear him talking to the tower at one point in the video of the flight. Its at the bottom of the OP but its almost 3 hours long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join