It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife just got the first dose of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

Someone processing samples of something that is secured, in a laboratory setting, with all the protections in the world ...

... still likely unleashed this thing out into the world.

But lab workers aren't in any danger.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Sorry I didn't read the entire thread - Did you say her job requires her to have the series of vaccines? (or else lose her job?)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Sorry I didn't read the entire thread - Did you say her job requires her to have the series of vaccines? (or else lose her job?)

Yes, but that's not unusual for people who work in lab settings directly with organism. They will be required to be vaccinated against they things they come into direct contact with above and beyond what most of us would ever need to be vaccinated against often. It's part of the job.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: QuantumDealer

Its also ridiculous because according to this group (FLCCC), only a few small doses of Ivermectin (0.2mg per kg of body weight) is 98% effective at stopping the transmission of COVID.

(Don't quote me, thats my understanding from his Senate hearing discussion/speech.)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We are only forced to have vaccinations that are tried tested and proved. Not malarkey non-EBM vaccines that just mask your symptoms but dont prevent you from catching said disease.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yup... they force such workers, and also lots of folks in the military, etc... that doesn't mean its a good thing though. Lots of vets dealing with gulf war syndrome likely from anthrax vaccine.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic

Working in a lab isnt really being a "front line" worker

But oh well, people have to feel like they need to up their "risk" category

Um... I would 100% disagree. Pathologist deal with hundreds of live samples daily and have as much exposure to the virus as our RN's & PA's.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

In our institution, if you want to enter the Hospital, it is a requirement or you can't enter the Hospital (badge turned off). Same with the Flu vaccine. However, many of us work remotely or in the admin building on campus so we do not necessarily need to have it. I'm a data manager and do analytics, however I am part of leadership and need to go to the hospital regularly.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

a reply to: QuantumDealer

Its also ridiculous because according to this group (FLCCC), only a few small doses of Ivermectin (0.2mg per kg of body weight) is 98% effective at stopping the transmission of COVID.

(Don't quote me, thats my understanding from his Senate hearing discussion/speech.)

I'm a HUGE proponent of Ivermectin and over the last 9 months of peer reviewed clinical trials of proven that Ivermectin prevents corona proteins to bind to the gnome which in essence, stops the infection from mass producing in the body. Not sure why the NIH is refusing this science.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bearack

COVID vaccination is mandatory at your institution? I didn't know that anywhere was doing that. It's optional at our hospital, and many have chosen not to receive it. We also don't have nearly enough supply to vaccinate the entire staff, even if we wanted to. Flu shot - yes, mandatory. But seems like there would be a lot of pushback about mandatory COVID vaccine at this point. Which one did you get?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Latest Update (sorry for the late notice but read on to know why)

12/29/2020:
- Temp is 97.1 degrees F (still within a normal range for her)
- The chills continued into the night
- Her stomach was a little upset (not feeling right so to speak), treated with PowerAde to provide electrolyte balance
- Her shoulder (where she got the shot) is even more sore. Her vertical range of motion is reduced due to the pain. We continued to apply an ice pack to keep the swelling down and ease the pain (we want to avoid taking any OTC meds for the pain to not risk interference in the vaccine).

- New Development: One of her lab colleagues (she's in her mid 20's and not vaccinated yet) had some symptoms and tested positive for Covid-19 that day! This means she likely contracted in the lab, and worked alongside everyone for almost a week!! I'm not too concerned with my wife contracting it, but now my concerns are my wife bringing it home to infect me.

More to come ...............

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
And so it begins.

Sorry couldn't resist.

You will be okay.

I hope she feels right as rain soon, sir.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
what vaccine?

WHO’s chief scientist Dr Soumya Swaminathan said this week there was no evidence vaccines were going to prevent people passing it onto others. It is expected the vaccine will reduce the severity of symptoms but will not stop the virus from being infectious. “I don't believe we have the evidence on any of the vaccines to be confident that it's going to prevent people from actually getting the infection and therefore being able to pass it on,” she told Nine Newspapers. With no evidence vaccines stop the spread of the virus, the idea of a vaccine allowing the return of international travel appears somewhat defeated

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Read the OP, it's all in there,

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Symptoms kind of sound like the vaccine for Shingles. The wife encouraged me to get one this year, and it's a two-course vaccine also (I still need to get my 2nd shot). They say the 2nd shot isn't as bad as the first one, but wow, that 1st one was a doozy! Wiped me out for about a day with flu like symptoms, and my arm hurt like heck for 3-4 days (with serious reduced range of motion).

Thanks for the update! Hope your wife gets to feeling better!

Question - Do OTC meds affect the vaccine? I hadn't heard that. What about alcohol?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Weagle
a reply to: Bearack

COVID vaccination is mandatory at your institution? I didn't know that anywhere was doing that. It's optional at our hospital, and many have chosen not to receive it. We also don't have nearly enough supply to vaccinate the entire staff, even if we wanted to. Flu shot - yes, mandatory. But seems like there would be a lot of pushback about mandatory COVID vaccine at this point. Which one did you get?

To clarify, we are in phase 1b so only essential personal are getting the vaccine so not all are required to date. However, our hospital will follow our flu protocol which means that if you want to enter the hospital, you are required to get the vaccine or your badge is turned off. Granted, there are exceptions and those who do qualify for the exception are required to wear a mask 100% of the time (during normal, non-pandemic).

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Well the wife ended up getting the 1st of the rona vac today so will see how it goes.

So far she said it hurt more than any other shot she has ever gotten and her arm hurts. Hurts to the point she is avoiding raising it.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Per hospital guidelines I met with Occupational Health of my main hospital for Covid information and to have all my minions and Gunthers injected if they so chose.

They all so chose.

I was denied the opportunity because of my past history with vaccines.

Next week, however, I do have the opportunity to have the antibody test done to see if I've been exposed and my besotted, fat, aging body naturally fought off the Chinese Death Plague.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Keep gently working that arm so that it doesn't get too restricted in range of motion. Nothing drastic or aggressive, but don't let it set up or the stiffness will be worse than it has to be.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

- New Development: One of her lab colleagues (she's in her mid 20's and not vaccinated yet) had some symptoms and tested positive for Covid-19 that day! This means she likely contracted in the lab, and worked alongside everyone for almost a week!! I'm not too concerned with my wife contracting it, but now my concerns are my wife bringing it home to infect me.

More to come ...............

Yeah, and if IIUC, the vaccine will NOT provide any protection against carrying/transmission of the virus.

Maybe you need a decon station in your garage before your wife enters the house?

o_O

j/k

So, your wife having the career she does, that sort of begs the question, have YOU considered taking the vaccine?

This would pose a very interesting dilemma for me, were it my spouse who was in that line of work. I'm not really in any hurry to take the vaccine personally, but you are sort of at risk, due to your wife's profession.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join