It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife just got the first dose of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yeah, that was sarcasm. Inject whatever you want.
I haven't been out of work either, but it's sure killing off the market here.
Keep up the updates.
Proof of your story would be even neater.

You are free to believe me or not. I'm not here to convince anyone, just document the symptoms of this series of covid-19 shots for ATS.

Follow or not, that is your choice. I only ask for respect in return.

ETA: For full disclosure, here is her vaccination card, for the doubters of my integrity (with PII blacked out for obvious reasons).

edit on 12/28/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Good for her. The rest of us won't even be in line for it for a solid six months. Oh, I forgot. Sorry. It's supposed to kill you, right?

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

She might not go back for Dose #2, if Dose #1 wasn't worth the sacrifice. Her odds of dying from Corona are miniscule, even without the vaccine.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

She might not go back for Dose #2, if Dose #1 wasn't worth the sacrifice. Her odds of dying from Corona are miniscule, even without the vaccine.

I understand the odds....we both do. However, no, she has to finish the series of shots as part of her job. There is no deciding in that respect. She is in constant contact with the bug, daily.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Personally you could not pay me enough to take this untested and dangerous crap. If my job was requiring it I would quit on the spot.... really if she's in constant contact with the virus all the time, its probably GOOD if she hasn't had it yet... her body has been exposed, she probably is already immune. I'd much rather trust natural immunity.

Good luck though, and I hope she doesn't get any of the horrible side effects I've read about... could be years before we ever know if there are long term effects too.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is great. Bookmark here.

I have my Ivermectin.

edit on 28-12-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: carewemust

I understand the odds....we both do. However, no, she has to finish the series of shots as part of her job. There is no deciding in that respect. She is in constant contact with the bug, daily.

Thanks for the explanation! I'm glad she got Moderna instead of Pfizer.

edit on 12/28/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Working in the microbiology lab, she is exposed to this bug daily when processing all the samples collected for testing. She averages running 300 tests a day in her shift. Think about that for a minute. Handling 300 samples from who knowns who, with no idea if there is covid-19 swirling around in it, then pouring it off into the test vials to put onto the machine. All day in full PPE in a negative pressure room over a vacuum hood drawing the air out of the room through a medical filtration system.

Does she love her work, because that sounds pretty intense.
I'm so glad there are people to do it because it is so important.
God Bless your wife. May she enjoy health and luck, and all the goodness she deserves!

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Working in the microbiology lab, she is exposed to this bug daily when processing all the samples collected for testing. She averages running 300 tests a day in her shift. Think about that for a minute. Handling 300 samples from who knowns who, with no idea if there is covid-19 swirling around in it, then pouring it off into the test vials to put onto the machine. All day in full PPE in a negative pressure room over a vacuum hood drawing the air out of the room through a medical filtration system.

Does she love her work, because that sounds pretty intense.
I'm so glad there are people to do it because it is so important.
God Bless your wife. May she enjoy health and luck, and all the goodness she deserves!

Yes, she does love the fact she is making a difference in peoples lives and has for 35 years. Even if those first 34 were in anonymity. The sacrifices these people make everyday in relative obscurity has finally come to the forefront.

Intense, yes. Each day she comes home, cries from the stress, then goes to sleep for a few hours to get some needed rest.

So, thank you for your kind words, they truly are welcome and appreciated.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

My baby sister works the front desk of a cardiac hospital here in the deep south. She has turned out to be the bravest of the five siblings. And dedicated to her job.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Has she been increasing her vitamin D?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Appreciate taking the time to chronicle this for ATS!

I hope she has minimal side effects, and that the vaccine works well at keeping her safe.

* Was she given information on how long the vaccine is effective for?
* Was she given a choice between the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines?
* Is she taking any vitamin/supplements (Vitamin D, Zinc) as part of her diet regimen, and if so, how long before the immunization?

Thanks again, I think this is a terrific and informative thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Working in a lab isnt really being a "front line" worker

But oh well, people have to feel like they need to up their "risk" category

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic

Working in a lab isnt really being a "front line" worker

But oh well, people have to feel like they need to up their "risk" category

It depends.

With certain viruses, they are handled under different levels of lab containment under normal conditions for a reason. This one was normally under level 3 or 4 which are very high levels of containment. They kept it under these conditions because of its relation to SARS and its ability to infect and it's relative unknown element to the human immune system.

You can see how effective it is at that once released.

Also, you must not know a lot about folks who work in labs. They get regular vaccinations, and then they get another set above and beyond depending on what their lab works with and what's possible to get. My husband worked in one for quite a few years, and almost got sent out to Bethesda for an experimental vaccine at one point. So, yeah, getting vaccines is routine because when you handle live bacteria and virus from diseases that can infect you, it does make you frontline.

Just because she's not handling the people themselves doesn't mean she isn't routinely exposed to the stuff they produce in ways that could wreck her day if she messes up.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

More like a support line worker. Still, I stand by my statement, which I'm very well qualified to make (by the way)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just bookmarking this thread for later retrieval.

Thanks! I will be interested to follow.

Oh, and thanks to your wife for what she does!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Brief messages regards the 'Said Testing' of such a new type of Vaccine, explains - in different reports - how a said Minimum of those who received such, noted, fell vistim to, a bout of temporay Bells Palsy. Medical world still trying to find the true cause of Bells Palsy apparently and that has been going on prior to the New Reason for New Vaccine. Does it maybe suggest Nerve interference ???

Also read were the Possible delivery of a so called Nano particle. That isn't New, for the abilty to practically programme a Nano particle was boasted many years back.

Some of the items so far read have suggested (Theories ??) how a supposed programmed Nano particle could act like an internal Means of Medical Professionalsism. They have stated how it could - perhaps - act like a New , Man made, type of T Lymph. That should it find an infectious Bacterium , then it would destroy such. So a few have said. Yet if one campares it to a PC that has been programmed, it does not have the ability to tell right from wrong. It can only do what what the programme says it should. B.Gates, Consider his Full lines of Windows from start until Now, they are choc - a bloc with Open Ports, back doors etc. and Nothing has so far recognised or halted the invasion of Trojans, Viruses, or Malaware. Yet he - a non Qualified Medical , self up dated expert, reckons he can Cure the World of any Infection.... The whole thing has produced a serious phase of Doubt plus reason to worry, especially a said New Virus pops up across the World and with a few months the Cure is suddenly found. In the background a Common Cold, A Normal Flu, Pneumonia, Cancer, have marched for centuries and still no positive Cure can be found. Everyone is supposed to shut up and do as the New World Masters say. Why are they so windy that they have not explained the content of the said New Vaccine, How they so quickly discovered such, and How they are so convinced they are prepared to Face a possible Host of Court cases.... Please kick me out if I am wrong .

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic

More like a support line worker. Still, I stand by my statement, which I'm very well qualified to make (by the way)

You can think what you like, but a frontline worker would be someone who has come into direct contact with the virus by profession.

Someone processing samples of it would fit that bill.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Someone processing samples of something that is secured, in a laboratory setting, with all the protections in the world.

Then there are people who are going into peoples homes, who are known to lie about their covid status or their symptoms, transporting patients who have it and lie, or might have it and lie, etc. Or people who work in the ED with people coming and going before testing etc.

Yeah we have PPE, but we dont wear COVID PPE all the time, only when its suspected or it's been confirmed.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
My brother got it almost 2 weeks ago, and my dad got it on Sunday. Soreness at the injection site was their only side effect they noticed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join