It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House approves increasing stimulus checks to $2,000 for Americans, THANK YOU President Trump!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm one of those who has never bothered to look into what section 230 is. But if President Trump doesn't like it, I don't either.

edit on 12/29/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: interupt42

Crap like this is why we need to get rid of BOTH parties and come together to hold ALL politicians accountable.

This is one example of many of why Big Government is horrible at doing just about anything. When they do something it cost too much, it doesn't go to the right people, takes too long, and is not enough...rinse and repeat this over and over.

Why can a private charter school provide a superior educational environment to poor children while paying their teachers more to get the best compared to the hellholes in poor districts we call public schools?

And the left want more big Goverment...geez

In regards to charter schools, my wife is an education coordinator for a national charter school (75 schools in 13 districts across the US) It’s all about the bottom line, man. They’re main goal is getting new students. There’s more care in that than there is education. A lot of these parents are dirt poor and busting their asses to get their kids in a good school. I can’t begin to tell you how many times in the last 8 years that my wife has come home in tears because someone above her made a decision based on the bottom line instead of the education of the kids, or in most cases, actually, firing teachers/assistants/principals. It’s all politics and optics within that company and I’m assuming it’s not the only one like that.

The amount of shady sh*t she has witnessed is insane. For example- there’s a board that contributes to the schools, they did not like the CEO’s wife running things the way she was and wanted her gone, so she was let go, but then formed her own company that immediately was hired by the charter school to come in and restructure the way their schools work. So really, she’s still running things, but the board doesn’t know it’s her because they just see her employees names on the contracts.

The amount of money wasted is f*cking INSANE. My wife also sets up an annual ‘principal’s institute’, which is when every principal comes in for training, what to expect of the next year, developments in education, etc. Normally this was done in a hotel that gave them an amazing deal, as they have to book out a bunch of conference rooms and a couple floors for these things. Her new boss decided, after they let go of 35 teachers in Florida for financial reasons, to hold the institute in an ocean-side hotel/spa that was 4x the amount of money, with hired DJ’s and catering coming in every night instead of using the hotel’s food. Her budget before he came in for this was around $125K, after he came on board, he bought the cost up to $400K. Thankfully, my wife went to HR about it and put a stop to that. Dude was going to blow multiple salaries in one week.

So they’re just as corrupt as our government.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

But it President Trump doesn't like it I don't either.

Damn bro, I’m pretty sure I heard my sister say that exact thing except she was 13 and it was about a Backstreet Boy.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I'm one of those who has never bothered to look into what section 230 is. But if President Trump doesn't like it, I don't either.

Dude..this is your problem..think for yourself, maybe Trump is correct, you should find out for yourself though, rather than blind following.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Backstreet Boy is a new Inner City gang?

--------------

The treasury secretary just said $600 direct deposits start going out tonight.

That could complicate matters....

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

But it President Trump doesn't like it I don't either.

Damn bro, I’m pretty sure I heard my sister say that exact thing except she was 13 and it was about a Backstreet Boy.

Lol, blind allegiance is never a good look.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Dude..this is your problem..think for yourself, maybe Trump is correct, you should find out for yourself though, rather than blind following.

I don't much care what section 230 is. Otherwise I would have looked into it already.

There are some things I trust President Trump on..Without doing any research. This is one of them. End of story.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
a reply to: carewemust

Republicans are between a rock and a hard place now.

If they shoot it down, I suspect that it'll cost them the Senate.

I’m not sure how it can’t. Add that in there with Wood and Powell telling Republicans not to vote in GA and it seems like they’re TRYING to give the Senate away.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

--------------

Sure, if a few pretty boy, white, young adults from the suburbs singing bubblegum pop music while dancing around like a bunch of fruits is inner city gang-like, then yeah.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I’m not sure how it can’t. Add that in there with Wood and Powell telling Republicans not to vote in GA and it seems like they’re TRYING to give the Senate away.

Since President Trump was a Democrat more years than he has been a Republican, it's likely he will be able to work with whoever controls the Senate.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

--------------

Sure, if a few pretty boy, white, young adults from the suburbs singing bubblegum pop music while dancing around like a bunch of fruits is inner city gang-like, then yeah.

The inner city of Chicago is very diverse. There might be some gangs that fit your description here, LOL.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It gives anyone immunity from legal means over the content on their social platform of other people's works. The author of the content might be held libel but the platform would not be. Now when you decide to be an editor such as lets say a magazine or newspaper you can be sued over what is written, so when Twitter and Facebook edit people's posts with fact check, deleting etc they basically have become an editor of their content and no longer just a platform for other's content, but the way 230 is written they can get away with it while still being immune.

We need 230 to be written to where it only applies to a true platform that does not also act as a editor, but there is also built in moderation protection, so it is complicated. Think of a Christian Church site that doesn't allow Satan worshipers to post to their site and so they get sued by the Satan worshipers for not allowing it. There are areas we do need....lol

edit on 29-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Gothmog

I am undecided.
Retire now or 2 1/2 years from now.
I'm a thinkin retire now and head to my bug-out farm.

I have one kid in 3rd year college EE/math degree, and this year is going to delay him about a year to finish. My other kid is 12th grade HS and is looking at a ROTC scholarship, so for me it really comes down to when my cost is reduced. If My youngest doesn't get a scholarship then I'll retire in about 5 years at 65, if he gets it them maybe at 62. I think we are going to move from the NW to Texas to retire, and my expensive house here can buy a really nice place there outright with my equality...

As to bugout I think we will do a lot of traveling as in go rent a small appt in other countries and live there for months at a time. Nice way to see a place.

I feel a bit sorry for you friend.
My children are all middle aged and doing fine.
Grandchildren have started graduating and college themselves.

As far as other countries ?
My friend has land in Jamaica , and has invited me there to live on my own property.
I am seriously thinking Russia though.
edit on 12/29/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Since President Trump was a Democrat more years than he has been a Republican, it's likely he will be able to work with whoever controls the Senate.

Yeah, the last 4 years have been a great preview.

And that’s just not a slight against Trump because I loathe the Democrats.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yes exactly. It doesn’t need to be abolished but brought “up to date” with the current processes and platforms. When it was written the technology now wasn’t even thought about.

It’s my opinion any legislation that involves technology should be required to be revisited in very 5 years or so because it changes so rapidly.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

--------------

The inner city of Chicago is very diverse. There might be some gangs that fit your description here, LOL.

I’d lose my sh*t if I drove through the hood and saw this-

Actually, I think this is what the Dems have in their heads when they’re pandering to people to justify blowing money.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Trump as well as every damned politician is giving a man a fish and saying, "See how awesome we all are!"

While not letting us go fishing.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump as well as every damned politician is giving a man a fish and saying, "See how awesome we all are!"

While not letting us go fishing.

Fish? Hell they're all eating steak, and feeding us Soylent Green, then telling us how good it is.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
That music video is kinda cool. I probably would have liked that group if I was still young like they are. Meanwhile...

Back on-topic.

THE LATEST (Tues 12.29.2020)

(CNN) Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell introduced legislation Tuesday to combine two additional demands from President Donald Trump to an expansion of $2,000 direct stimulus payments, as part of the Covid-19 relief package, raising Democratic concern the pathway for expanded stimulus payments would soon be short-circuited.

The Kentucky Republican, shortly before adjourning the Senate on Tuesday afternoon, introduced a bill that would combine $2,000 direct payments with a repeal of the online liability protections known as Section 230 and the establishment of a commission to study voter fraud. The latter two issues have been significant drivers of Trump's ire in the wake of his general election loss -- the latter of which with zero evidence presented to this point.

While the move doesn't guarantee McConnell will bring the bill up for a vote, it provides a substantive option should time -- and the political winds -- press the chamber in that direction. It's also one that would be all but certain to fail to garner the votes for passage.

Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer of New York called the bill a "cynical gambit" and said it would serve as "a blatant attempt" to ensure the $2,000 direct payments were not signed into law.

But McConnell's move was crucial for several reasons in the final chaotic days of the 116th Congress.

With two politically endangered GOP senators just days away from runoff elections -- Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue of Georgia -- announcing their support for Trump's push for $2,000 checks, McConnell has found himself in a position he spends the vast majority of his time as Republican leader trying to avoid: Navigating a divided conference.

Republican Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and Josh Hawley of Missouri are also behind the push to expand the payments, with Hawley playing a central role in pushing the issue to the forefront.
More at: www.cnn.com...

Meanwhile the Treasury Secretary says $600 deposits start going out tonight, and checks begin mailing tomorrow...by the tens of millions.

Source: www.foxbusiness.com...

McConnell is playing a dangerous game. By waiting, the Senate will need to change the bill to lower the stimulus deposits to $1,400, because the $600 deposits/checks are a done deal.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=25660552]Gothm]

I feel a bit sorry for you friend.
My children are all middle aged and doing fine.
Grandchildren have started graduating and college themselves.

As far as other countries ?
My friend has land in Jamaica , and has invited me there to live on my own property.
I am seriously thinking Russia though.

I actually have a place in the PI too, but there are a lot of countries you can rent really nice places for 400 per month and places in like Greece you can buy a nice place for 50k, so a lot of the world is cheap to live. Central America is still a few hours flight from the states, so that is good. I have lived all over so I have no issues living anywhere. As to my age and kids it’s been tons of fun being already set at age 38 with my first was 👍. Not a bad transition in my 60s now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join