It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terri Schiavo - A Moral Crossroads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Mynaeris is right. It's like starving someone because they have a mental illness that limits there thinking or speaking. Starving her to death is disgusting. She can still feel herself starving. If you are going to kill her do it humanely with a lethal injections. Letting her starve do death is disgusting

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
taking the feeding tube from a perpetual vegetable is not killing her.

That is because she can't even swallow her own food.

It is God's decsion that she either live or die without it.

Why don't you religious hacks pray for divine intervention? You don't have the faith? Is your God too lame to effect any miracles?

An innocent able-bodied man, Jimmy Ray Slaughter, was sane, conscious, and had a family was butchered in Oklahoma.

But the US is concerned only with a perpetual vegetable and procedure over results. The US is a madhouse. Religious pomposity has the tail wagging the dog.

If you are awake and conscious do you want to be put in a trial with testimony of jailhouse stoolies, erroneous evidence, even if you have a witness and hard evidence to back it up? Then butcher you like Jimmy Ray Slaughter was?

This poor human vegetable will never know what happened to her. Jimmy Ray died decrying the injustice that crushed him.

America is tilting at windmills. Fighting wars for non-existent WMDs. Fighting for the right of someone who doesn't even care, while murdering innocent people who can think and feel and care.

It makes me so angry.

You want to go home to Jesus?

Give me the gun and bullet and i will send you home to him.

Who do you think that is that is chewing on Judas's head in the very bottom of Hell? Could it be the same three headed one who was chewing on his mind in life?

I think the after life may simply be a slightly distorted version of the things that happen to us in life.

You want to be with Jesus. Welcome the very bottom of Hell.

Sorry, but I just have to laugh at religious foolishness.

[edit on 19-3-2005 by slank]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Starving someone to death is never a humane action. No one knows if she will feel pain or not, since no one can get into her mind to know. Letal injection would be far more humane than that!

But also, there's a good point to this being a slippery slope. Who determines quality of life? Next it will be retarded people, perhaps gays don't enjoy life because they don't have childern and would be best put out of their misery. Then people who don't speak English well will killed since they can't enjoy life in the U.S. to the fullest. Where do we stop?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Lets start with the people who are more hung up on the after life than the here and now, djohnsto77.

Can you think of anyone like that?

no?

Go look in the mirror.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
I would not want to live in a vegetative state. This may be a blessing. I have shed tears for her and the plight of the family. However, if not for modern medicine she would not be alive, bless her heart. But, who are they keeping her alive for, it's not for her, she is not aware. They are keeping her alive for her parents.

I read the story of the lady who was worse than her and made a good recovery. The difference, she was only in a coma for a few weeks. Poor Terrie has been in a coma for 15 years.

First off..she has NOT been in a coma for 15 years. Infact she is speaking, opening and closing her eyes, smiling and moving her head. Her doctors were making progress in the beginning and her joke of a husband made them stop.
Why if this freakin saint as so many like to call this weenie..wait seven years to start trying to keep his dang promise??? Um well lets see...its because he was getting poop loads of donations to help with her treatments that he put a halt to. And never spent one dime on her treatments.
I've heard so much crap ...oh this poor husband...he is NOT a husband. A husband would have remained at her side. Not shacked up with another women having children.
I say if that doctor thinks she can be helped what the heck would it hurt to see???
Sorry for being a grouch. This story hits home for some and the lies have gotten my last nerve. God forbid me ever run into this man on a pms moment.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Lets start with the people who are more hung up on the after life than the here and now, djohnsto77.

Can you think of anyone like that?

no?

Go look in the mirror.

The meaning of your posts remain as elusive as ever.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The husband did NOT tell anyones of Terri's wishes to die for 7 years....7 years he waited, then he met the current girlfriend, had kids and thats when he said Oh..yea..she wants to die.

I'm beginning to wonder if "HE" didnt cause her to have the heart attack, or if he's to blame and he lives in fear that she will speak again.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yes indeed the jerk waited till the funds stopped rolling into the bank account and he had met the current lady friend to suddenly remember that part...lol
He prolly did have something to do with it. To me this "person" he is not even good enough to be called a man...is every bit a pathetic a Scott Peterson. The only difference is he's getting all this praise.
And that B of a judge should shut the hole in her face.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The husband did NOT tell anyones of Terri's wishes to die for 7 years....7 years he waited, then he met the current girlfriend, had kids and thats when he said Oh..yea..she wants to die.

I'm beginning to wonder if "HE" didnt cause her to have the heart attack, or if he's to blame and he lives in fear that she will speak again.

Exactly dgtempe

Mr. Schiavo won settlement money on the premise he would take care of her with it for the rest of her life. Once we got control of this money however he suddenly "remembered" that she'd mentioned she didn't want to be kept alive and from that point on refused any further tests or any therapy for Terri. He's been on a tireless crusade to end her life to free up the settlement money for his own use.

And as dgtempe suggested, the circumstances surrounding her injury are questionable, he may have actually been responsible for her injury.

The man is at best a lying snake living in a situation of bigamy with a commonlaw wife while he refuses to relinquish his marriage to Terri in order to get her money. At worst, he's guilty of attempted murder and trying to cover his crime by finishing the deed with the blessing of the courts.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there is still such a law against living in adultry? This POS thirty years ago could have been arrested for such. How proud his moma must be.
He was offered a million dollars to give custody to her parents. I know people that would pick his sorry backside off the face of the earth for a pack of smokes

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
What bothers me is all the movies coming out about killing people in a position similar to Schaivo's.

Million Dollar Baby, The Ring Two (yeah, that movie sucked and it was a possession but still..), and that new movie coming over from Spain about killing someone who is in a vegetable like state (forget the name right now though).

This issue is being forced by the media, but why?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hey, Marg, I had one more vote left this month:

You have voted marg6043 for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Mere hours after SO puts a black band on the ATS banner, we are falling for the same old thing.
This is not our issue. It is being put into the spotlight for a reason. It certainly isn't the government's issue. Where do they come off thinking they are the governing body for Terri Schiavo or steroid use in baseball. Maybe they need real jobs

Originally posted by marg6043
All I see is how the media and certain groups has taken the pain and suffering of a family and has made it into a circus for the entire nation.

*SNIP*
All is about for those certain groups to win points on their already in the works agendas.

We are all falling for it, while we debate and get into heated debates, the ones working behind the scene are reaping the results of their labors just to get us to this point.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The US public is more concerned by a vegetable than a concious human being.

If the husband is responsible for putting her in that state, gather real evidence to that effect and charge him with it.

She is toast.

Get over it.

When vegetables are more important than innocent able-bodied people i can only think The US has lost its mind. There is no common sense involved here. Only moralistic hysteria.

China is going to kick this nations ass and then hire us to clean up the mess.

Common sense practical thinking always win over moralistic pontificating.

How can anyone be proud to live in a nation run by idiots?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Common sense practical thinking always win over moralistic pontificating.

Really? Maybe you should take your own advice and tone it down a little then.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Death planning is seldom sothing discussed in public. How many of you have a extended family meeting to discuss you living will? Also, you nor anybody not even even these poor misquided religious groups have any clue what exactly went on between Him and her parents, maybe he tried thier attemtps but at some point be it in the middle of the code or down the road enough is enough. From an emotional standpoint he has moved on. Dead or alive his relationship will not change with his current girlfriend.

Caused the heart attack? :shk: now you guys are getting into straw grasping land

[edit on 3/20/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
He was offered a million dollars to give custody to her parents. I know people that would pick his sorry backside off the face of the earth for a pack of smokes

Actually one offer was as high as $10 million. Money which was so oft touted as a motive is really not one. Maybe he really is respecting his wife's wishes?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Caused the heart attack? :shk: now you guys are getting into straw grasping land

This is not grasping at straws. There was evidence of beatings present on Terri Schiavo's body and he may have very well caused this injury.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Doesn't it bother anyone that the federal government is interfering with the sanctity of marriage by going over her wishes as relayed by her husband? You remember the religious thing about how a man and woman leave their families and cleave to each other? Last I heard, a married couple was considered a legal unit but eh US government and religious groups seem to have turned a blind eye to that. With this as legal precedent, can the federal government further erode the bond of marriage?
A good example is testifying against a spouse. Could that go away?

Doesn't it bother anyone that the federal government is once AGAIN stomping on states' rights? And further eroding states' autonomy?
We slip further and further away from the intent of our Founding Fathers.

Doesn't anyone think there is more to this legal battle that whether Terri Schiavo lives or dies? She is but a pawn in something larger.

Beware.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
With this as legal precedent, can the federal government further erode the bond of marriage?
A good example is testifying against a spouse. Could that go away?

Doesn't it bother anyone that the federal government is once AGAIN stomping on states' rights? Doesn't anyone think there is more to this legal battle that whether Terri Schiavo lives or dies? She is but a pawn in something larger.

Beware.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

Bingo, that and much more is going to be push against the rest of the citizens of this nation in the name of "save Terri"

(You have gotten my way above vote)

You know exactly what is going on in here, like I said before is not terry or the family is all about pushing agendas.

Look at the people behind the "good deed" the groups that are pushing all this with the help of the media.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I just think that we should stop keeping her alive artificialy and let mother nature take over. She's already brain dead beyond repair so she won't feel a thing when her other organs shut off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join