It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lyme Disease- A Biological Weapon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It appears even mainstream America is getting suspicious of our Government these days. I was surprised as hell to get this e-mail from a friend of mine who's as straight as they come. She even voted for Bush. But now she's wondering how she got her lyme disease....

www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I live in CT not that far from Lyme CT from which Lyme Disease gets its name. I only known one person to get it from ofcourse a bite from a tick. If she never told me about it I would never have even known she had it.

I would have to say as a BIO weapon it would be a pretty poor one. It can easily be prevented either dont go into the woods and or check for ticks when you do also it dosent spread very easy or infect large amounts of people. All around I have to say its a weak BIO weapon and would be a waste of time for a military to develop.

I mean Goverments like ours gave us BIO weapons like Ricin (more deadly then cobra venom) antrax, weaponized small pox. Now those are bio weapons of a military value.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I live in CT not that far from Lyme CT from which Lyme Disease gets its name. I only known one person to get it from ofcourse a bite from a tick. If she never told me about it I would never have even known she had it.

I know that most people who have be diagnosed with Lyme try to live as normal a life as possible and we tend to push ourselves to do things beyond the time we should stop.

I would have to say as a BIO weapon it would be a pretty poor one. It can easily be prevented either dont go into the woods and or check for ticks when you do also it dosent spread very easy or infect large amounts of people. All around I have to say its a weak BIO weapon and would be a waste of time for a military to develop.

But there are people who enjoy outdoor sports that involve going into fields or woods - not to mention that many of us live in areas that the ticks are in our yards. And checking for ticks is a good thing to do but you also have to realize that many times you won't see the tick that causes lyme as it is tiny. It is a good course of action to save any ticks you pull from you body in case you develop symptoms also.

In your area there may not be many people infected but in my area I would say that from my personal knowledge the rate is around 6 out of 10 people I know that have had or have a tick born disease. I personally have been diagnosed with 2 different diseases caused by ticks -- unfortunately it was during the beginning of the discovery of these diseases and the treatment wasn't as aggressive as it is now so I still have ongoing problems caused by this.

I also should mention I live in the vicinity of both Plum Island and Brookhaven Lab. And I do feel that there is a connection there.

jm

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Naaa...lyme disease? Its from ticks and hardly fatal, unless you really try. Besides, alls it would affect would be a bunch of hippies walkin in the woods. I dont any major players in washington are out hiking in the woods.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Call me ignorant ,but can someone tell me what the symtoms of lyme disases are?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Lyme disease is not just spread by ticks. Researchers have found the Lyme spirochete in tears, semen , breast milk, mosquitoes, fleas and mites. It can also be passed on in utero to the offspring.

Lyme disease can cause the following symptoms....and more.

Sort term memory problems, muscle aches twitches and cramps, seizures, concentration problems, organizational problems ( Lyme is more of a neurological disease than arthritic ). It can cause shortness of breath, heart problems, digestive disorders, tingling and numbeness in the extemeties, tooth and jaw pain, Bell's palsy, numerous eye problems, foot pain , burning icy cold feelings in extemeties, balance problems, joint pain
fatigue and the list goes on and on.

Lyme Disease is called the Great Imitator as is it's very close cousin syphilis. Many with lyme are falsely diagnosed with M.S, Lupus, ALS, Alzheimers, ADD, Fibromyalgia, , Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Bi Polar Depression etc. The testing is EXTREMELY inaccurate and the government certainly appears to be blocking any kind of evidence which reveals that lyme is not only an epidemic but a pandemic. Gulf War Illness is very similar and 60% of lyme patients test positive for the mycoplasma found in Gulf War Illness...which is patented by the government. Our explosion of autoimmune and other chronic conditions...I feel are caused by Lyme, mycoplasmas and certain other coinfections. Our country is becoming disabled despite the notion that we are the healthiest country in the world.

daystar

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
wow okay thanks for the info.

top topics

join