It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Principal of Truth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Khurzon

What. The. #.
Seriously?

Sure. Hole and holy are also the same thing... I mean... close enough, right?
Whore and chore ... it's the same thing.

Who's trolling whom here?

I think we'll just let other decide that...I think its pretty obvious.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Thanks for your kind message, and generous give-away.
Am not not much of a believer, and don't believe in 'Truth', but can still get the vibe that you seem well-intentioned.

Best of the season, to you and your Loved-ones.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Thanks for your kind message, and generous give-away.
Am not not much of a believer, and don't believe in 'Truth', but can still get the vibe that you seem well-intentioned.

Best of the season, to you and your Loved-ones.

Thank you Traveller...

May you walk always in the Light of Truth...
May it guide you, between the Dark Secrets of Forever...
And may you go with Dignity and Courage into the Night, wrapped in a cloak of Compassion, Love and Human Kindness...

Fare you well fellow Travellers......Always...

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What. The. #.
Seriously?

Sure. Hole and holy are also the same thing... I mean... close enough, right?
Whore and chore ... it's the same thing.

Who's trolling whom here?

depends on the use...

Can you Troll a Troll? isn't that just speaking in their language like this:"#### ### ###_####! @@@ %$*&@!!!!"

edit on 25-12-2020 by Khurzon because: wanted to add more trollese...heh

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

And Merry Xmas to you as well. A small gift is enclosed, one of my favorite songs of all time.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
There are rare times where the True Light of Life and Love can shine as One with The Darkness which surrounds it...

Seldom, in my long life, have I seen such displays of Truth and Love Shining bright in the Eternal Night, as One...
Your gift and Tom's Song, Coupled with The ComPassion I Sense in your Free-Will of Gifting it to Me Are possibly the greatest Yule Tide present i have ever received...

It made me weep bitter-sweet tears of Joy and Pain...Something I usually only do when "I AM" shows me aspects of the Glory and Majesty of Everything amidst the Nothing...Shinning brightest in the Spirit of God which is in all things, and the Light of Love & Courage in the Spirit of Mankind on Earth.

You see...Those Three things represent, to me, the mystery of the Trinity, and the dual lesson of the Great Plan of all Creation...
Surely You and Tom are Super-Naturals who have just not left the Flesh yet...

I would ask you...Have you ever Laughed, Cursed and Wept at the same time?

May God Bless and Keep You ALL in this Rarest of Yule Tides....

edit on 25-12-2020 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Your reply was most gracious K. That tune has hung with me for decades. I especially cared for the line, ''expectations we have may lead down the path where the devil discouragement lives.

And as we are wishing happy holidays I will also share with you one of my just finished art pieces.

You can notice in the very center, what Hindu art calls the Bindu, is a spiral labyrinth. Beyond the eight petaled star is one long continuous labyrinth entwined though and infinite maze of dead end pathways. The colors are Christmasy with the white colors around the edges acting as snow on the needles or mists of the forest.

I began developing my art style in the 80s on being inspired by the Labyrinth Project popular at the time, most specifically the labyrinth at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Absolutely beautiful Terry, The Eight points of the Star Immediately caught my Eye... something...*taps
chin*....something i cant recall.. It is frustrating to know a memory is there, but just out of reach. Like the distorted fading features of a Person you might know, seen through a yellowish brown haze ...but... ...fading

Well..sorry..It took me out there for moment...heh.

The flowers, there are 24 of them you know...very delicate stems... Like the strokes of some Japanese Ink Art I have seen.
..graceful...counting out the hours...the multiples of 8...brings out the Sun/Star Image.

The Greens and White...switchbacks climbing and descending....fields of snow...valleys and ravines...Visions of the Sacred Earth.....slopes ascending to the Summit...Pine needles of a Wreath....coming at last to the Point....The Bindu.

The Bindu is Captivating...Compelling. The four arms shaped in the dextrorotation of a Galaxy.....The six Cardinal Points of a Spatial Map...

It is exquisitely done.. There is much to Admire and Contemplate here...

A Work Well Done, Terry. *Takes off hat and bows*

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The eight pointed star is the symbol of Ishtar.

So since the OP had as general flavour judgement and the supernal forces ...
There's no wrath like that of a betrayed woman they say...

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Symbols abound Peep, I"m pretty sure you know. We can find them when we need them or when we want them.

This piece I was just happening to be working on in October when I heard about that Full Blue Moon we had two months ago and so found a perfect title for it.

Most of my work includes highly intricate labyrinth work such as that Tree above but sometimes just a hint of a labyrinth suffices. Like this one a field of background stars works well.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

They're beautiful, I certainly don't want to take anything away from that, a nice modern version of a Mandala.

Just saying you got a thing for 8 pointies

Ashta if you prefer Sanskrit.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You seem to have the eye that interprets much of my intent K.
Do you happen to recall the early Moody Blues album, In Search of the Lost Chord? On the inside of the cover was a mandala which struck straight to my heart and has remained there ever since.

In the early 80s I began to draw mazes for my kids and over time evolved into this. I mostly left behind the ''maze'' with dead ends concept and moved into labyrinths because they suited my sense of cosmic eternity more fully. As I got into computer work I started envisioning ''Big Bang Mandalas'' as the viewer was looking at that moment of God's Finger touching down in this reality and giving this universe a flick of momentum. Looking either at the BB from just after OR just before from the other side of it's explosion. Grandiose I know.

The twin scientific and mathamatical principles of ''beauty'' and '' symmetry'' seemed in common with my artistic vision and so I kept developing it over the years. Now I lean pretty strongly to the Hindu concept of ''Indra's Net'' that structure of pearls on a string within which existence is maintained. The long and winding labyrinths that you noted can symbolize Indra's web, or in a more scientific interpretation, ''string theory''. It also lends itself to the symbolic
Ariadne's Thread that she gave to Theseus to guide him back out of the labyrinth once he had slayed the Minotaur.

This one is back to Indra and her pearls.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Rather than Ishtar, I lean towards the Eightfold Path. Plus working in petals of eight is much simpler than other numbers as they break down into quarters and eighths for putting together into a whole work.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Plato believed that there are truths to be discovered; that knowledge is possible. ... Since truth is objective, our knowledge of true propositions must be about real things. According to Plato, these real things are Forms. Their nature is such that the only mode by which we can know them is rationality.

Platonic forms
edit on 0000001212321212America/Chicago26 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

The theory of Forms or theory of Ideasis a philosophical theory, concept, or world-view, attributed to Plato, that the physical world is not as real or true as timeless, absolute, unchangeable ideas.
According to this theory, ideas in this sense, often capitalized and translated as "Ideas" or "Forms", are the non-physical essences of all things, of which objects and matter in the physical world are merely imitations. Plato speaks of these entities only through the characters (primarily Socrates) of his dialogues who sometimes suggests that these Forms are the only objects of study that can provide knowledge.[6] The theory itself is contested from within Plato's dialogues, and it is a general point of controversy in philosophy. Nonetheless the theory is considered to be a classical solution to the problem of universals.

edit on 0000001212371212America/Chicago26 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Well it's basically the same.
But I don't want to argue with the talent.

Happy travels on your path to arhatship.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The eight pointed star is the symbol of Ishtar.

So since the OP had as general flavour judgement and the supernal forces ...
There's no wrath like that of a betrayed woman they say...

"Amen"
edit on 26-12-2020 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

You seem to have the eye that interprets much of my intent K.
Do you happen to recall the early Moody Blues album, In Search of the Lost Chord? On the inside of the cover was a mandala which struck straight to my heart and has remained there ever since.

In the early 80s I began to draw mazes for my kids and over time evolved into this. I mostly left behind the ''maze'' with dead ends concept and moved into labyrinths because they suited my sense of cosmic eternity more fully. As I got into computer work I started envisioning ''Big Bang Mandalas'' as the viewer was looking at that moment of God's Finger touching down in this reality and giving this universe a flick of momentum. Looking either at the BB from just after OR just before from the other side of it's explosion. Grandiose I know.

The twin scientific and mathamatical principles of ''beauty'' and '' symmetry'' seemed in common with my artistic vision and so I kept developing it over the years. Now I lean pretty strongly to the Hindu concept of ''Indra's Net'' that structure of pearls on a string within which existence is maintained. The long and winding labyrinths that you noted can symbolize Indra's web, or in a more scientific interpretation, ''string theory''. It also lends itself to the symbolic
Ariadne's Thread that she gave to Theseus to guide him back out of the labyrinth once he had slayed the Minotaur.

This one is back to Indra and her pearls.

Beautiful!!! The Lotus of Creation!

I think Michelangelo, and most certainly "I", would agree with your "Finger of God" interpretation as a "right-feeling."

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I have often contemplated that Finger as it touches, just a glance, not even a poke, just a ''poof'' of a whisper on a body of water sending ripples out across that canvas of water.

One of the things that have become clear to me is what I call secondary patterns in any symmetrical composition be it art or existence. Those patterns are in the case of my art most often unintended as in the blossom above. Toss into the mix a nice dash of complexity and where we can go from there is interesting fruit for speculation.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345
Over my courses of study in life I encountered this conundrum. Is math intrinsic to this reality or is it just a human construct developed to aid us in making things. I had had no idea that there were mathematicians who considered it a fabricated system. The arguments for that were compelling but I still came down on the side of intrinsic.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khurzon

The Aether/Ether/Astral plane, or whatever term you want to use for it,

If you don't know what the correct term to call it, how do you expect everyone else to know what you are talking about? Each person will chose whatever term he or she favours and then your discussion will mean something different for each person, causing intellectual pandemonium. It is very important to define exactly what you mean, instead of sprinkling three or four words around that mean entirely different things (not, as you seem to think, the same thing).

The Aether is NOT the Ether, and the Astral Plane is not the same as either concept. Let me explain:

There are seven planes of consciousness involved in the cycle of birth, death and rebirth. They represent the winding path of reincarnation through many lives of the spiritual soul towards the Divine Life. Beyond them are six cosmic planes of consciousness that represent ineffable states of cosmic being within the Life of God ("Nirvana"). Each plane is divided into seven levels or subplanes. This makes a total of 91 subplanes, where 91 = 1^2 + 2^2 + 3^2 + 4^2 + 5^2 + 6^2. There are seven, not five, cosmic elements ("tattvas"). They are differentiations of one, universal cosmic substance. The Elements of Earth, Water, Air & Fire correspond to the lowest four planes. Aether, the fifth Element, corresponds to the fifth plane where the Divine Self functions. It is the counterpart of the "transcendent function" in the Jungian classification system of five cognitive functions (sensing, feeling, thinking, intuiting and their integration or union in the fifth function). The physical plane is the material universe, the 4-d space-time continuum (and its hyperdimensional generalisation in superstring theory and M-theory). It corresponds to the Element Earth. The lowest three subplanes denote the awareness of the mineral, vegetable and animal forms of life. Coexisting with them but invisble to normal human sight are four levels of etheric life. They are the source of the rich folklore of many countries concerning fairies, pixies, elves, etc. The etheric world exists in the 9-d space-time sheet of E8-singlet states of matter predicted by E8xE8' heterotic superstring theory to exist alongside the sheet containing E8'-singlet states but separated by a narrow gap stretching along the tenth dimension of space predicted by supergravity theories, as incorporated in M-theory. The astral plane is the second of the seven planes of consciousness. It is the domain of many deceased people (Category 2 souls), whilst they spiritually evolve (some do not) towards the next (or higher) planes of being, populated by Category 3 souls. True ghosts (i.e., conscious human spirits) do not exist in the astral subplanes; they function as unfortunate, earthbound spirits in the etheric subplanes. So do the elementals and certain types of UFO occupants, who originate in distant, planetary systems but who have developed the technology to travel in the second (etheric) universe that complements the universe known to astronomers. We, too, (or, rather, part of us) exist in the etheric universe, although we are normally (and, thankfully) unaware of it. When we have out-of-the-body experiences, we become aware of moving in either the etheric universe parallel to the material one or the astral plane. The latter is the more common.

As I said, it is important to be precise in one's choice of terms in order to discuss the invisible realms of consciousness, otherwise much confusion can result.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join