It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large explosion, buildings damaged in downtown Nashville

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I saw that exact video on the news an hour or so ago and they claimed that was the police telling people to clear after finding the RV to be suspicious.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think it may have been prematurely detonated. Downtown Nashville along the river and 2nd street will be hopping later today.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Interesting. Could be something shooting up from the first blast or could be something coming from the sky causing the explosion.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

link?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Maybe it was to go off at 6:30 pm.

Like someone posted, they got the am and pm wrong.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
SAVE THIS NOW RECORDING TO EVACUATE

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
24 second video showing explosion from a distance where "something streams up in the air" beforehand.

m.youtube.com...

Note: I have No idea where video came from.

That is bizarre šŸ¤”

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I think it may have been prematurely detonated. Downtown Nashville along the river and 2nd street will be hopping later today.

I disagree, given the call regarding shots fired, that was obviously to lure law enforcement into the area. I don't think it went off prematurely. I think it went off exactly when it was supposed to.
edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Autoincorrect

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

by the way, good job by whatever law enforcement initially on scene, that noticed something suspicious about the RV or whatever else was going on down there, and started evacuating the area as well as calling in the bomb squad.

edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile auto incorrect

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I think it was set off at that point, by the person who planted it, because he realized the jig was up and he could take out some cops and maybe blow up a building. I don't think it accidently went off and I don't think he meant to only blow up a cop or two. But then again these types don't tend to be very bright.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Someone could of added the audio.

If not, very strange. Fits right into 2020.

Thanks for posting it, on my HD now.

edit on 25-12-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Wow - that video is good.

It reminded me of the female voice in the movies "Alien" or "Aliens" when they were repeating "evacuate now" followed by the white light of the explosion.

Added: Just listened to a news report interviewing a woman who lived across the street from where the RV was parked and she seems to believe the "if you can hear this message evacuate now was a recording coming from the RV" She also added that the recording repeating and counting down from 15 minutes just like the evacuate order on the Alien movies I mentioned. She and the others in the building did evacuate in their car wearing their PJ's and it appears all their windows were blown out and they were not allowed to return, so they are in a hotel room now.

So if that interview is true then it appears the bombers prompted people to leave the area which is bizarre.
edit on 12/25/20 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

link   
So it appears the police knew the entire time that this was an intentional act. If so , then why the murkiness of " it may have been intentional"?

link   

Honestly? Thereā€™s no way to park an RV in that area unless the streets are empty and if you did park there? It wouldnā€™t go unnoticed for long, I believe it was parked & gunshots were to draw LEO apparently they noticed it was parked on curb/sidewalk then backed off, called bomb squad then it was detonated. RV was parked in front of a major building which makes the Nashville skyline unmistakable & might have been an attempt to drop the ATT bldg aka ā€Batman Buildingā€

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I think it was set off at that point, by the person who planted it, because he realized the jig was up and he could take out some cops and maybe blow up a building. I don't think it accidently went off and I don't think he meant to only blow up a cop or two. But then again these types don't tend to be very bright.

Unfortunately to be full of hate, you don't have to be stupid. You just have to be pushed in the right direction at the right time in your life, and exploited by others to do their bidding.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shell69

Not a good attempt.

They didn't learn anything from parking garage attempt on the World Trade Center. Not even the OKC bombers managed to drop the entire building.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

yeah I've always thought if you really wanted to f****** America as a foreign terrorist, rather than attacking the twin towers, it would have been more effective to attack telecommunications infrastructure. Of course I'm prejudiced for that since I work in that industry.

It occurs to me that every major city has a large building that is either a switch site for a telecom carrier, or in larger cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco and New York, there are even larger facilities where all the telecom carriers connect to each other what is called a carrier hotel.

I've often thought that if you could take something very large like a trailer from a tractor trailer and fill it with enough explosive and somehow turn it into a giant shaped charge pointed at the building and pull it up next to the building you could sever everything going on between the basement and the first floor in the second floor and effectively render the building null.

but now I'm wondering whether I should have said that out loud.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Officers responded at 5:30am. The RV had a recording stating the bomb would detonate...

The second officer John Drake about 45 seconds into the live press conference.

edit on 25-12-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Who knows how the information gets disseminated. It may have simply been the MSM not wanting to jump the gun and the police not being forthcoming immediately afterwards because they were busy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join