It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted to share some personel positive COVID news

page: 1

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I know MANY have died from COVID. Some family members even from ATS.
But to belay a lot of the fear mongering, i wanted to share that my elderly aunt who is 68.
Has COPD,
Heart condition,
very overweight,
asthma,
terrible poor health where she gets sick from every dam germ out there.

Has caught covid and confirmed on Dec11.
She checked into MA General on the 11th. I thought she was history.
They put her on O2 and some meds (not sure what ones yet)
She improved bigly in 3 days and was released to a rehab on the 16th.
Unfortunately the rehab place didnt give her the care she needed or the meds, for 3 days into her rehab in which case she declined a bit.
However, the following few days she recovered and is now scheduled for discharge for the 26th.

She made it.
By Gods grace she made it. Her O2 use was never higher than the number 2 setting while she was in the ER.

if SHE can make it, then WE ALL can make it. (of course except those that God has other plans for)

As i said i know there were many that died. My condolences. Many on this forum are not scared of COVID anyways, but there are a few that are. . Even an unhealthy person has a dam good chance of survival if MY aunt made it.
Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thank you for some great news this morning.
And you gave credit where credit was due.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: loueber

Some great news for Christmas.
Happy things are good Man.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Merry Christmas! I am happy for you and your Aunt.

Similar story with my sister-in-law's aunt back in April. She was in for about four weeks. So very happy your Aunt is being discharged.

My condolences also for all that have lost family members this year. I know the pain, because my family has lost some old, some young. None were due to COVID, but the lost is no less painful.

Merry Christmas to all.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm happy to hear about your aunt and it's great news she made it through. Logical minds can see that even people as compromised as she is have a good chance of success if they're caught early and treated properly, and I'm glad it worked in your favor.

You must feel a great sense of relief this morning.

I know that doesn't emotionally help those whose relatives weren't as fortunate, and they have all our sympathies, thoughts, and prayers.

My own aunt was checked into the hospital with severe flu-like symptoms a couple days ago. They presumed COVID at the time, but we've since received mixed blessings on that score. While she doesn't have COVID, she *does* have pneumonia. Her prognosis is good, and she's on O2 of course, but with the pneumonia not being COVID pneumonia, it won't be as deep in her lungs hopefully and is maybe bacterial so they can treat it with antibiotics.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

That is great to hear! Thank you!

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Good news... I have 2 friends that have been diagnosed ( they are married and one is a diabetic with lung issues) and they are doing well. NO hospital. I also personally know 5 other people that tested positive but didn't really even know they had it.( sore throat for a day, nasal congestion)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Did they get her on O2 right away?

Asking cause I just buried my grandfather Monday from it. He was eventually put on O2, but a week later. He recovered with it, but then went into a coma afterwards.

I'm glad she pulled through, I'd like to hear more of that.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Praise the Lord that your aunt is well! ❤️❤️❤️🙏🏻

My dad is 77. He had covid-19 back in July. Recovered perfectly.

It’s not the death sentence they want us all to believe. The flu is magnitudes more deadly.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Praise the Lord that your aunt is well! ❤️❤️❤️🙏🏻

My dad is 77. He had covid-19 back in July. Recovered perfectly.

It’s not the death sentence they want us all to believe. The flu is magnitudes more deadly.
I don’t know why the uninformed keep saying this. The flu is not magnitudes more deadly and you don’t have a single bit of research to support that claim, so why do keep saying it?
edit on 26-12-2020 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I apparently had covid (assuming tests are accurate) and it lasted a total of 24 hours. It felt like the flu. Chills and loss of appetite. That is all.

new topics

top topics

join