It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To My Congresman

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
This is a very nice letter-- for 1975.

Unfortunately, we are way past civility at this point.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destal

We are indeed. Trump and his supporters are desperately trying overthrow our government and trample our Constitution. As evidenced by the ridiculous claims the OP made in their "Letter."

They don't care about America, they only care about reality denial. A poster tried to claim a bit earlier that our Founders advocated that the Republic they had just fought a war to win should be overthrown because the Declaration of Independence ... which predates the Republic, the Constitution and even the Articles of Confederation. A fifth grader would know that, and that's one of the smart ones, LOL.

This is frankly just getting pathetic.
edit on 23-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Would you classify Mr. Trump as your dear leader?

Just curious.

No , just a Representative and Upholder of My Freedoms that were Bequiffed to me by the Founders of a Democratic Republic when I was Born a U.S. Citizen . I would Fight and Die for that Precious Gift , Would YOU > ? .Hmm......

I am fighting for the Republic that Trump is desperately trying to dismantle. Thanks for your "answer."

That's Not an Answer , just a Cop Out ..............

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A poster tried to claim a bit earlier that our Founders advocated that the Republic they had just fought a war to win should be overthrown because the Declaration of Independence

LOL...The Declaration of Independence that the same founders used to assert that "all men are created equal", and who then enacted a constitution that saw some men as 3/5ths of a person, whose population could be enslaved and beaten, sold, raped and murdered without consequence. And they saw others as ineligible for citizenship based on economic status and rumor.

edit on 23-12-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Declaration of Independence (1776)

Articles of Confederation (1777)

Constitution (Establishment of the Republic) (1791)

Suffrage Extended to include all White men (1828)

Suffrage Extended to Black Men (1870)

Suffrage Extended to Women (1920)

Etc. etc.

Just remember, the Founders were referring to the Republic that would be founded in 1791 when they wrote about overthrowing the tyranny of the British Crown in 1776.

The more you know ....

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
God rules, not law.
Constitution has been ignored since the implementation of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. INC

Deny ignorance

edit on 24-12-2020 by CrazyFox because: Eta linky

more data
edit on 24-12-2020 by CrazyFox because: For clarity

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Johnny Cash was bequiffed, so were Teddy Boys...I'm not so sure that any Bequiffing was a gift of any sort.

And Tony Curtis. Did Kirk Douglas have one as well in The Vikings?

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Your letter reminds me of letters I used to deal with now and again as a young political researcher a few years back.

We called them "green ink letters".

Now, think about how you come across to someone outside echo chambers like this, someone you disagree with.

First, your language and tone. Do you sound constructive or do you sound like the homeless guy shouting at passing traffic outside Walmart? Have you chosen your words carefully to clearly state a position or are you throwing adjectives around like an advertising executive after a long lunch?

Let's get down to basics - do you know what all the words mean? You'd be surprised how many people write letters or e-mails and don't.

Structure: is your letter shaped to convincingly express your ideas or are they tumbling out in a torrent?

Bottom line - would this pass muster in a grade 8 English exam?

If it doesn't meet this basic standard, set it aside. Read it again in a few days time and do what you can to bring it up to standard.

Because no matter how convincing and powerful you and your buddies here find it, you sound like a farking loonie.

edit on 24-12-2020 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I have sent a few letters to a senator and a couple reps and bashed them for their vile acts against America and they all responded. Every one of them.

Dear Corruption Allowed,

thanks for your letter of 23rd December.

I found your comments interesting and will certainly consider them carefully.

May I wish you and your family a happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2021,

Whodathunkdatcheese.

Took less than a minute even without stock phrases and mailmerge. Means nothing.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox
God rules, not law.
Constitution has been ignored since the implementation of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. INC

Deny ignorance

more data

If God is in control, then I have to believe that HE has been allowing this to happen to the US for 150 years or more.

I mean at some point, you have to ask yourself, has God EVER been on the side of the USA?

I mean, we were founded by Freemasons amirite.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Perhaps if god is always the same entity. Its observations like this that makes one polytheistic.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You people still butt-hurt over the election are simply living in a delusional fantasy. There simply IS NO real evidence because, as pretty much every person from judges to Bill Barr have told you, it didn't happen. You're being played by a professional conman and you're all too duped to see it. He's been playing this con since before he even became President. It's absolutely mind-blowing that you can't see it. I truly feel sorry for the lot of you.

With his recent pardons, those folks are no longer covered by the 5th Amendment and will likely be dragged into Congress where they will be forced to spill their guts or be heavily fined and/or jailed. The fun is just beginning.

BTW, where are those Biden, Obama, Clinton indictments you've been promising for 4 years?

Trump for Prison

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destal

We are indeed. Trump and his supporters are desperately trying overthrow our government and trample our Constitution. As evidenced by the ridiculous claims the OP made in their "Letter."

They don't care about America, they only care about reality denial. A poster tried to claim a bit earlier that our Founders advocated that the Republic they had just fought a war to win should be overthrown because the Declaration of Independence ... which predates the Republic, the Constitution and even the Articles of Confederation. A fifth grader would know that, and that's one of the smart ones, LOL.

This is frankly just getting pathetic.
This post is. So full of #. This election is contested and for good reason. Any honest person, no matter what side they are on politically should want the evidence reviewed and debated. Instead you ridicule those that feel cheated and disenfranchised. What is the problem with inspecting these machines by a 3rdy party to see if the claims have any merit.

You don’t see anything peculiar about the news networks saying for the first time ever that multiple states were going to stop counting votes before the election was over? Not only did they not stop counting the votes like they claimed they were, but Biden received spikes in ballot dumps in the early morning that were almost predominantly in favour of him. You can’t write this off as well “Trump told his supporters to vote in person,” so one should expect a 95% favour in ballot dumps for Biden. No harm in hearing the evidence and determining if there is anything here, yet one side wants no part of it.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
You people still butt-hurt over the election are simply living in a delusional fantasy.

Saying this doesn't make it true... but it is a clear sign of delusional fantasy to believe it does.

There simply IS NO real evidence...

Of course there's evidence! There are REAL voter registration forms to examine... there are REAL signatures to verify... there are REAL paper ballots to count... there are REAL voting machine data records to examine... there are REAL televised vote losses of huge numbers to see with our own eyes.

The evidence is definitely REAL, and can show one way or another if the election was fair and honest or a fraud and a farce. Yup. There is definitely REAL evidence that can tell the tale.

...because, as pretty much every person from judges to Bill Barr have told you, it didn't happen.

Yeah... yeah... we've been told lots of things, and not all of them can be true, and not all of the people saying things can be right... much less trusted. Screw telling me. Show me. Unless and until the validity of the votes and the vote count (and therefore election integrity) is SHOWN to me, I don't know anything. And neither do you, or anyone else.

You're being played by a professional conman and you're all too duped to see it. He's been playing this con since before he even became President. It's absolutely mind-blowing that you can't see it. I truly feel sorry for the lot of you.

Maybe... maybe not. What you seem to be missing is that one can question BOTH election integrity and Trump's integrity at the same time. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Speaking of cons, there is another possibility... in fact, a rather common con once known as "kill the messenger." Surely you must be familiar with the concept?

Step 1 -- Make Trump the publicly feared and loathed Boogeyman to beat all Boogeyman;

Sep 2 -- Let Trump be the one to scream the truth from the rooftops;

Step 3 -- Then easily attack Trump's reputation and credibility, thus "debunking" the claims by discrediting the source;

Step 4 -- Carry on in corrupt glory.

Easy peasy.
edit on 25-12-2020 by Boadicea because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Gnawledge

originally posted by: Lumenari

So, accepting the electoral results and asking the nation to come together is cause for rebuke?

Because he "abandoned" Trump? If Trump had any legal standing to challenge this election whatsoever, he's already tried it all and failed. He lost, get over it. Like your Congressman rightly did.

Do you seriously think for one moment that "the nation is going to come together" under a Biden/Harris administration?

No, I don't. Trump divided this nation possibly beyond repair. But a hope for unity you consider a bad thing?

I think maybe you need to rethink your idea of civic duty, not I.

Trump didn’t divide this nation, you America hating Leftists did.
No wonder we have a toilet paper shortage, you guys have been so butthurt the last 4 years, your A-holes are the size of the Holland tunnel.
Your boy Biden will fix things though eh?
Delusions as usual.

I don't mind the hate of "us leftists" but saying "we" divided this nation? No.

Trump did. And is actively doing so. Blackwater pardons. Not signing Covid relief....etc.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

So, accepting the electoral results and asking the nation to come together is cause for rebuke?

Because he "abandoned" Trump? If Trump had any legal standing to challenge this election whatsoever, he's already tried it all and failed. He lost, get over it. Like your Congressman rightly did.

Do you seriously think for one moment that "the nation is going to come together" under a Biden/Harris administration?

No, I don't. Trump divided this nation possibly beyond repair. But a hope for unity you consider a bad thing?

I think maybe you need to rethink your idea of civic duty, not I.

Trump actually did NOT divide this nation beyond repair.

People who did not like him and could not accept the results of the 2016 election did.

Own it.

Now you want those who have been called deplorable, irredeemable cultist Trumptards for 4 years to suddenly hold hands with your side and say everything is going to be all right?

NOT happening.

That would be just like a wife getting back together with her abusive husband.

As for "civic duty", I am VERY aware of what that is, both as a military Vet and what I do locally.

So nice try at a dig, but an abysmal failure on your part.

The 2016 election? Are you kidding me? It was accepted by Hilary within 24hrs of it being called.

Trump's only tool is division. And you suckers play along. While America suffers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join