It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Blasts Covid Relief Package And Threatens Veto

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yes Mr President! Right behind you. Call it out for what it is. Not afraid to give credit where due:

President Donald Trump on Tuesday threatened a veto unless Congress makes major changes to the omnibus spending package and Covid-19 relief bill that passed both houses of Congress with bipartisan, veto-proof majorities Monday night and that members of his own administration helped to negotiate.

In a Tuesday night video posted on Twitter, Trump asked Congress to increase the direct stimulus payments in the bill to $2,000 per person, more than three times the $600 checks lawmakers agreed on, a sum he called “ridiculously low.”

Source

It is pathetic, and as far as I'm concerned, it falls on both the GOP and the Dems. The GOP for thinking the American people are cheap and to the Dems including Sleepy Joe who couldn't give a damn to make a stand, maybe because they'll be retreating to their McMansions over the holidays?

$600.00 is a pathetic amount that won't last a family a month. Yet what? $1.5 trillion in tax cuts mostly catering the wealthy elite and corporations are perfectly ok? Jesus even Trump can see how much of a farce this entire thing is. Many of you may also recall that as far back as October the President expressed his support and intention to push for at least $2,000 to keep families a float. What the hell does the Federal government expect will happen if people can't spend in this economy? Wake up.

Kudos to the President. He's the only one with the balls on this issue. Joe and Harris, mouths shut.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi just said she agrees 100% with President Trump. She's ready to bring a bill to the floor THIS WEEK, to increase the $600 stimulus/recovery payment for every American, to $2,000 for every American (adult).

Source: thehill.com...

edit on 12/22/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Lindsey Graham is happy... .....

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Take out some of that damn pork, too!!!!
We have businesses dropping like flies and we're giving billions to foreign countries???
People losing their homes and livelihoods due to government mandated lockdowns, and we're funding foreign gender studies??
WTF!!!

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

*yawn*

If you've been out of work, thanks to governrment, for the past 9 months and the only thing they can give you is 600 bucks, I'd take a giant dump on every politician within reach.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Before this next administration is through, there will be some odd bedfellows.

I'm not saying we'll all agree on everything, but j am saying that the OP better run upstairs and tell Ma that she should put on some extra hot pockets, guests are coming for dinner!

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

For once, you and I agree on the substance of what Trump wants but it should be more still IMO.
$2500 a month tax free until the pandemic is over and backdated to when people got the $1200 stimulus check.
I don’t care where the money comes from, stop all spending on everything non-essential to take care of the people.
The pork in this bill is #ing outrageous.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

People losing their homes and livelihoods due to government mandated lockdowns, and we're funding foreign gender studies??

The bill contains 2 different things. One for COVID relief, and one for the US Budget for the next fiscal year.
$900 billion for COVID relief and $1.4 trillion for the other stuff. You are referring to provisions in the latter.

But you're right, combining them doesn't seem to make much sense. The budget bill was supposed to be passed separately, last week.

edit on 12/22/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You said that much more, calmer then me.

This bill is a damn shame, and for those proud democrats, why is it trump, is more down to earth, than congress? He’s suppose to be stupid. The American people right now should be grateful, for a president objecting this bill..

Imagine, how it’s gonna be when he is gone.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It makes sense of you want it all passed before a lengthy break..

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's pretty sad, huh?

Even followers on twitter are expressing disbelief and wonder what the hell is going on in Washington, lmfao.

The beauty of the Trump administration? Opening a bunch of eyes to the BS. Maybe that's Trumps defining Presidency, waking the hell up and don't get complacent.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The budget bill was supposed to be passed separately, last week. Instead they pulled a rabbit out of their hat, a 2 day extension to keep the Government going.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The beauty of the Trump administration? Opening a bunch of eyes to the BS.

I think most people are pretty well aware of how screwed up Congress is. And has been.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

"Political maneuvering", the term would confuse phage, somehow it eludes those who aren't too versed or keen in the political arenas and believe that the Gov is working in the best interest of their constituency.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

We both know how pork works.
We both know it stinks.
We both know politicians want to take goodies home to their districts, so in return for their vote.....

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Everyday complaints? Sure.

The true depth? Nope. Social media and the digital age, plus a POTUS who undermines the MSM narrative.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

And you think I'm naive?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And you think I'm naive?
Politically? Yes, to a certain extent.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I suppose that's because I don't like Trump. That I don't see him as a savior.

edit on 12/22/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join