It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Offender Admits To Killing Fla. Girl Missing Since February (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Jessica Lunford, a nine year old girl, went missing in Florida in the month of Februrary. The Citrus County Sheriff says that they have caught the man responsible. John Couey, a former sex offender, confessed to the police and told them the general area the body was dumped. After being kidnapped last month and presumed dead, the authorities believe they will find the body now that they know she is dead.

www.usatoday.com
HOMOSASSA, Fla. (AP) — A registered sex offender has admitted kidnapping a 9-year-old Florida girl from her bedroom last month and killing her, authorities said Friday.

"I've got my man," Citrus County Sheriff Jeff Dawsy told a news conference.

Dawsy said John Evander Couey confessed to investigators after taking a lie-detector test. The sheriff said Jessica Lunsford's body had not been found, but Couey gave them a general area to search.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I thought sex offenders would be chemically castrated? How could this crime have happened if this was being done as it was suppose to? Are the local authorities and justice department to blame for something a known criminal did? Rehabilitation may work for some, but as this proves, not all.

Related News Links:
abclocal.go.com
www.fox11az.com

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
First, lets verify that he did it, this may be some cry for attention from Couey. If all pans out then we can put him a fast track for the electric chair or lethal injection whichever Florida uses now. If true, lets make this guy an example of what happens when you murder a child.
James, you or somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but when chemical castration is used, it removes the ability to sexually assault an individual but not the desire.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietRenegade
First, lets verify that he did it, this may be some cry for attention from Couey. If all pans out then we can put him a fast track for the electric chair or lethal injection whichever Florida uses now. If true, lets make this guy an example of what happens when you murder a child.
James, you or somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but when chemical castration is used, it removes the ability to sexually assault an individual but not the desire.

"Dawsy said John Evander Couey confessed to investigators after taking a lie-detector test. The sheriff said Jessica Lunsford's body had not been found, but Couey gave them a general area to search."

www.newsmax.com...

"Couey has an extensive criminal record that includes arrests for burglary, carrying a concealed weapon and indecent exposure. In 1991, he was arrested in Kissimmee on a charge of fondling a child under age 16. Records don't show how the case was resolved."

When a sex offender like Couey is paroled or is turned loose by a judge or some incompetent case worker - and he commits another sex crime - the person responsible for the criminal being on the street should be forced to serve his time in Daddy Bubba's Bang Me in the Butt Smackdown. That would put a screeching halt to pedophile sex offenders prowling the streets.

"If laws did not allow convicted sex offenders out of jail and back into society, then these people would not be able to repeat their crimes. Recidivism rates for crime are highest among sex offenders. In fact, sixty percent of convicted sex offenders are released on parole or probation (Prevent Child Abuse America). A pedophile averages 150 victims over a lifetime (Quarterman).

www.sunyjefferson.edu...

Chief

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They found her, just 150 yds from her house. I said a silent prayer for her this morning, it is sad news to awake to. What is happening lately? Seems as if there is more and more violence. Especially with the children.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The big problem with parolees is the Pyschologists and psychiatrists that release them into society. The quacks really can't predict with any degree of certainty what the perverts are going to do.

But ... ohhhhh ... the poor poor convict, we shouldn't hurt them or cause them pain or hold their crimes against them even after half of the counts are dismissed prior to trial and then they get time off for "good behavior".

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
150yards? WTF? SHe been gone this long and never thought to look for the body or what? Hell, I would have found it not trying if it was that close.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
No...... not chemically castrated.... just CASTRATED. It's obivious these people can't be reformed. The prisons let them out and they do it again. The news reported there are over 500,000 registered sex offenders, and about 200,000 more that are not registered.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Can somebody explain to me the psychology behind why these guys have to kill these kids. I know they don't want to get caught, but there has to be something more to it. It really makes me sad.

Peace

[edit on 21-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

When a sex offender like Couey is paroled or is turned loose by a judge or some incompetent case worker - and he commits another sex crime - the person responsible for the criminal being on the street should be forced to serve his time in Daddy Bubba's Bang Me in the Butt Smackdown. That would put a screeching halt to pedophile sex offenders prowling the streets.

Interesting theory - I kind of like it.
As far as the actual perp in this kind of thing - It should be an automatic death sentence IMO. It should be automatic, and swift - no sitting and waiting for a decade. Kill 'em immediately.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

First, lets verify that he did it, this may be some cry for attention from Couey

He admitted to it, and then led them to the body...seems confirmed to me.

There's a special place in hell (if you believe in it) for monsters like this...no doubt.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
After confessing, I'm sure every breath this oversized maggot takes agonizes us all. The Lunford family have my sincere deepest sympathies. Jessica Lunford is the name to be remembered & cherished, not eclipsed by the identity of this self-confessed waste of space as notoriety would have it. For Jessica - a memorial, for the predator - a swift trip to a potter's field of oblivion.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This man should have never been on the street with his criminal history. The problem of child sexual abuse needs to be addressed with seriousness in this country. I have a problem with the way those convicted of such crimes are hounded for the rest of their lives after they are released from prison, but the fact remains that the rate of recidivism among these offenders is very high.

I think that the most rational response to this problem is for the penalty for child sexual abuse to be death. That way those who are convicted will be spared the stigma that will follow them the rest of their lives and there will be one less offender to harm the children.

top topics

join