It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone 'splain' me this???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Because updating your description on every page within the bottomless web is boring.

And the fees to be an independent party... Forget about it.

Too much work to change anything. People liked it before, just wait until its trending again.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Perhaps it's because the GOP is the party of the wealthy. And the dembs claim to support the American working man.

Look who gets the largest tax breaks under the GOP. BS trickle down economics.

I'm union strong and union proud and I voted for J. Jorgensen, the real champion of the American working man.

triblive.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not for long!

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They Unions are actually labor brokers. The democrats create city work projects that funnel money to the unions by using only union labor. Then the union managers funnels money back to the DNC.

A system to funnel tax payer money to the DNC. Liberal welfare. You are literally paying to keep the DNC in power. Especially the political machines at the state and city level.

Sure, that's the case in some places, but political graft is not limited to any party or locality.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think unions supported Democrats because historically Democrats pushed for things like minimum wage which helps union wages by setting a floor. In addition, as others have mentioned, Democrats used public works and the Union in general to funnel money back to them in return for pensions and other graft - see big cities on brink of insolvency.

The union leadership is corrupt. The leaders enrich themselves.

I think the disconnect is with the rank and file. As Democrats started accepting:

Globalism
Illegal Immigration
Green polices and a disdain for manufacturing in general...

They run afoul of what the rank and file worker wants. Donald Trump saw this which is why his platform was popular with rank and file while the leadership was still Democrat leaning.

You see the same thing with police unions now... Democrats platform is decidely anti-cop... but police generally support Democrats due to pensions obligations.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Not for long!

UBS and one other firm were projecting large increases in rare earths so I think they may be able to pull this off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join