It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Point accuses more than 70 cadets of cheating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
West Point accuses more than 70 cadets of cheating in worst academic scandal in nearly 45 years

A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, nor tolerate those who do.

Just pathetic. There is no HONOR left in The Long Gray Line. I guess that's a reflection of our society as a whole. But, it's just pathetic.

And, to add insult to injury, these cadets aren't being expelled. They're being placed on probation.

WASHINGTON – More than 70 cadets at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point were accused of cheating on a math exam, the worst academic scandal since the 1970s at the Army's premier training ground for officers.

Fifty-eight cadets admitted cheating on the exam, which was administered remotely because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Most of them have been enrolled in a rehabilitation program and will be on probation for the remainder of their time at the academy. Others resigned, and some face hearings that could result in their expulsion.

The scandal strikes at the heart of the academy's reputation for rectitude, espoused by its own moral code, which is literally etched in stone: “A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
West Point accuses more than 70 cadets of cheating in worst academic scandal in nearly 45 years

A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, nor tolerate those who do.

Just pathetic. There is no HONOR left in The Long Gray Line. I guess that's a reflection of our society as a whole. But, it's just pathetic.

And, to add insult to injury, these cadets aren't being expelled. They're being placed on probation.

WASHINGTON – More than 70 cadets at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point were accused of cheating on a math exam, the worst academic scandal since the 1970s at the Army's premier training ground for officers.

Fifty-eight cadets admitted cheating on the exam, which was administered remotely because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Most of them have been enrolled in a rehabilitation program and will be on probation for the remainder of their time at the academy. Others resigned, and some face hearings that could result in their expulsion.

The scandal strikes at the heart of the academy's reputation for rectitude, espoused by its own moral code, which is literally etched in stone: “A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”

I think everyone just don't give a fk these days. Started with the Clintons by the way.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well you can't blame them ... its really hard to plant drugs on a test

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Things have become twisted.
There are actually cities (Oakland, CA, for one) where the criminals are protected. Before the victims.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I wouldn't want a single one of them as company Commander. Let alone platoon leaders.

They should all be expelled and never allowed a commission. It is unbelievable what we continue to allow it our armed forces. Speaking as a veteran with a lot of experience with officers in combat, the caliber of officer that I deployed with is not the same caliber of officer that is going through West point now.

We are no longer in good hands with regard to the military or the police I think this whole thing is falling apart and it's all being politicized.
edit on 12 22 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

It has been happening for a loooooooong time. I personally know a guy that was kicked out for it. (boy did he deserve it)
The only difference is this time it's a cluster and the
students couldn't resist because they were remotely taking that test.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Indeed. A very, very, looooooong time.

Their mistake is they got caught. So now they have to go to the back of the line.

First rule is, to not get caught.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Agreed.

It's scary honestly.

Dangerous and scary.

If you can't trust someone on a math test you definitely can't trust them in battle!!

a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Battle...Hell battle isn't even the most concerning part of this. Cheaters enable cheating in others. I cannot imagine the # show a cheater like this would enable in their units.

Pencil whipping PT tests, qual cards, and fudging citations for awards, and a whole host of other issues seen in the army today. This screws over real soldiers, enlisted and commissioned, who are above board.

The military is crumbling because of the lack of enforced discipline.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Hear hear.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
WTF..probation???

SMDH

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

In a society like the one we're living in, this isn't even a big deal. Just like Lori Loeffler and others, cheating is part of everyday life. These people are sad, and it's not like education hasn't already been dumbed down so much that we barely beat some of the poorest third world countries in world rankings, but we actually have people who have to cheat. A reflection of society is exactly what this is.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Historically West Point has been the source for covert Pythagorean "cheat" schemes.
Of course that was back in the days when the Lieutenants rode around on horseback.
No specific examples of how the answers were conveyed or what kinds of mathematical equations were on the test to be solved. I suppose if you are thinking of some mundane algebra they would expect you to develop from primitive structure rather than memorize the final solution.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It can be summed up in one line. “The end justifies the means.”

top topics

join