It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a law that a president must concede?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
At this point, I'm just sitting back and watching all this. I can't control it, and my opinion is irrelevant, but I do have a question.
Is there a law that states Trump must concede? it seems he's either nuts or he's got something up his sleeve. Not much time left, so it will be exciting to watch regardless.

January 20 if/when Biden is sworn in, Trump's no longer the president, he's a used to be president. He will only have the power he had before his election, save for the Secret service guys. Feeding his Kracken will be his past time.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I say he travels around the world using his influence like the Obama admin officials did. Just sit around undermining everything they try to accomplish whether good or bad.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Is there a law that states Trump must concede?

No, there isn't, the Constitution lays out how this process works and it doesn't take into account feelings.

On a personal note I don't want him to concede, I'm enjoying his zany hijinks and how he's giving people like the Q-cumbers something to LARP over. I mean where else can you hear about JFK Jr. coming back to save the day? This stuff is awesome.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I say he travels around the world using his influence like the Obama admin officials did. Just sit around undermining everything they try to accomplish whether good or bad.

Donald IS NOT Barry

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

In the United States, squatting is illegal and squatters can be evicted for trespassing

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
No, the concession speech is a convention which has grown up and become part of the ritual. But modern America is a very ritualistic nation, so it's easy to get the impression that details of the ritual have a legal status.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, there isn't, the Constitution lays out how this process works and it doesn't take into account feelings.

On a personal note I don't want him to concede, I'm enjoying his zany hijinks and how he's giving people like the Q-cumbers something to LARP over. I mean where else can you hear about JFK Jr. coming back to save the day? This stuff is awesome.

LARP ?
You are stuck in the 90s.
Step up to the 21st century.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I'm enjoying it as well. Likely for different reasons, but enjoying it just the same.

It will make the dead time until 'after the first of the year', when things start to happen again more enjoyable.
Marry Christmas, and be sure you have a nice clean roof.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef

In the United States, squatting is illegal and squatters can be evicted for trespassing

I understand that. So have things changed and Trump is not president until January 20?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
LARP ?

Am I? Go read the Q thread and get back to us.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I understand that. So have things changed and Trump is not president until January 20?

Nope, not at all.

That's the only rule I can think of.
He doesn't have to concede but when his stuff is getting moved out on the 21st does it really matter?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, there isn't, the Constitution lays out how this process works

Where ?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Nope, not at all.

That's the only rule I can think of.
He doesn't have to concede but when his stuff is getting moved out on the 21st does it really matter?
Well, we can wait until the 21st to find out. Shedding tears about it now, seems a bit premature. But you do you.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

LARP ?

Am I? Go read the Q thread and get back to us.

Fortunately I don't and won't
Try again.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I'm curious what you interpreted as tears?

You asked for a law and I gave my uneducated opinion on one.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I'm curious what you interpreted as tears?

You asked for a law and I gave my uneducated opinion on one.

but when his stuff is getting moved out on the 21st does it really matter?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef
I think he should put the White House electric power bill in his name, then he could legally squat.

It would take a year to evict him.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Where ?

Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

20th amendment. Took not too long to find that. I googled it for you. Thought that you guys knew your constitution better than that.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Where ?

Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

20th amendment. Took not too long to find that. I googled it for you. Thought that you guys knew your constitution better than that.

No.
Does not answer the original question .
Try again.
But I forgive , as you would not know.

Google again.
(I don;t have to Google. I know where it is actually located. And it IS NOT in the Constitution)

edit on 12/21/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/21/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Marry Christmas, and be sure you have a nice clean roof.

You too, and I don't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join