It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Return the Checks Along With a Simple Note: "You're Fired."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Right in time for Christmas, Americans have been hit with the joyous news of a $900 billion future debt to be, no doubt, squeezed out of whatever remains of the middle class once this long dark winter is over.

I don't want their $600 appeasement check meant to be frivoled away on Nikes and car repairs. People who are hurting far more than I have lost everything as a result of political bickering, inability of bitter and entrenched leadership to connect or reach out to a hurting public, and uninformed and erratically enforced COVID edicts, and the best they can come up with is a debt to further saddle our kids with and some chump change.

Wouldn't it be glorious for those of us who are able (not needing it for subsistence) to send it back, en masse, to prove we have more emotional intelligence than most children and that we won't be bought off for $600. I'd love to send it directly to Nancy's office and tell her to buy more ice cream.
Truly that seems like that would be one of the more satisfying uses for that check we've had lorded over our heads since Spring.

And the biggest thing I want to send them is a message at the next voting booth that McConnell and Pelosi's 30 something years emptying America's coffers are over. I hope we replace every last one of the Senate, then the House. Our state representatives have lost touch--even if they were against the "deal," their ineffectiveness to sway the majority opinion should be damning enough. Of course, I won't be holding my breath.

Well that felt good

edit on 21-12-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Haha, all kinds of crazy stuff is happening when I edit! Now the post was duplicated.

edit on 21-12-2020 by zosimov because: Probably user error, lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

8 trillion dollars in total.

thats 8 000 000 000 000

roughly 3000 years is equal to 8 trillions seconds.

196 000 000 000 is going to Americans (population x 600 so not terribly approximate) or 24% ish

Questions for the mathimagicians, what percent will the US taxpayers current and future pay in interest on this pandemic gov't cash print debacle?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Let the 4 years of misery begin. Hope America enjoys what they voted for.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Let the 4 years of misery begin. Hope America enjoys what they voted for.

Oh no! not another four years of misery?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

we are not on these folks level , that is a very hard choice to make with kids in the balance , and I agree with you in principle, but my well feed ass can't tell those Americans above to suck it up . $600 ain't shiskabab I know, but I eat while they cannot so The Revolution! Will not be televised or youtubed!!!
edit on 21-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Ever hear the story of Stalin and the chicken?

Whether the story is true or not, it certainly applies in todays dumbed down society.

The story goes that Stalin demanded his command to appear together for a demonstration. This meeting would take a hideous turn one filled with blood feathers and a newly educated set of Soviet commanders on the nature of ruling the masses.

Stalin began to pluck a chicken while it was alive and in great agony, its feathers were removed one by one. The floor became filled with blood and feathers in a puddled mass with the frenzied shrieks of the chicken filling the room in a fevered pitch.

When the heinous act was done the chicken cowered in fear and in pain it fell back to what it does best, being a chicken. Stalin’s next act of the demonstration was to feed the distraught bird.

Stalin after plucking the chicken of its feathers began to feed it, dropping bits of wheat after his footsteps as he walked around the room.

The bird started following, gobbling up the bits of food. “See!”, Stalin remarked, “Even though I have done the most terrible acts on this creature it still follows me if it is given a small meaningless treat every now and then. This is how to govern stupid people.”

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Instead of refuse it, cash it and give it to homeless people.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

If the politicians really wanted to help the people, they would not have shut down small businesses for a year.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That's a horrible story. I regret reading that.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Better not educate yourself any further on the things Stalin did then if that story disturbs you!

Unfortunately the leaders of the world today, much like Stalin, are psychopaths.
edit on 21-12-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I was trying to figure out how I can do this very thing without being taxed for it. I don't want this money because I will have to pay taxes on it next year.
They should make it tax free as well

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If the politicians really wanted to help the people, they would not have shut down small businesses for a year.

Amazon and Walmart needed the cash, they were in danger of not having record profits.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
I was trying to figure out how I can do this very thing without being taxed for it. I don't want this money because I will have to pay taxes on it next year.
They should make it tax free as well

Then use the 600 to pay taxes.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I just can't tolerate animal abuse. Hurts my soul.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Define small businesses, the choice for you is death by Covid, or starve ,why our European counterparts handled this better than we ever did, asked the meat industry, who even refused to apply basic safety protection, but now want be shielded from negligence, sometimes I think some of you guys are of the one % who gives zero fks
Amazon and the meat packing industries for example.
Tyson Food managers bet on workers getting Covid-19, lawsuit says

www.bbc.com...

Amazon even earlier had their own issue of treating line workers with contempt, especially during Covid explosion.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Sign the back of them, and send them to me. I'll pass along the message to Donald. We are buds.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

How about if you don't want it, then endorse the check/find the donate button online and hand it over to a local food bank or utilities' charity payment programs instead? If you don't need it and think you should have never received it or something, just put your money where your mouth it and disperse it to who you think needs it more.

edit on 12/21/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hope you enjoy your pacification check! Our kids will thank us later.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Our politicians have utterly failed the poor with their incompetence this year.

Are you defending them or somehow blaming people like me for these lines?

(fyi--my family had to avail ourselves of three food boxes this year (they're very healthy and good--what a blessing!). I've never had to do that before in my life. So I wouldn't presume about the members here)
edit on 21-12-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join