It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 3;16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
    with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
    and he will rule over you."

I've never had this talk with a woman before.

Your desire will be for your husband,
    and he will rule over you."

Does this second verse in Genesis 3;16 aim at a issue women encounter in their lives?

Someone explain this verse for me please.

Is this a punishment?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You sure that's not a Walt Disney quote?

a reply to: Out6of9Balance

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Maybe

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

To put it bluntly, that means that a woman will love a complete dumbass, and pretty much not know any better.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

It's not an issue to encounter IF you both love one another.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

I think it's a ruling component in understanding the female psyche.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You don't want much, do you?

I'm not sure it's really possible to understand this scripture, but only to interpret it, and only then according to which translation? Some translations say that the woman's desire will be contrary to her husband's will. Another translation is that the woman's desire is to rule over her husband.

I cannot find anything about the original phrasing and various translations, but this link provides the different translations: Genesis 3:16 Parallel Verses

Also, without further context it's impossible to meaningfully qualify its intent. It is simply stated as fact. Is this a prophecy? A declaration? An imposition? Is this God's will? Or is this our will? We don't know.

What we do know is that historically and traditionally, men have sought (and succeeded in) to "rule" over their wives in particular, and women in general, and often not in the best interests of women. To understand women as a group (as if that's possible), one must consider how much is nature and how much is environment and "patriarchy" -- in other words, how much is a direct result of the power for force exerted upon women by men.

I think the key here is to understand men -- and why they have felt they had the wisdom or the authority to exercise such power over their female counterparts, too often in abusive and violent ways.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thx for investigating.

It's what God mentioned to Eve after she ate from the forbidden tree in the garden with the first man.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Well, that's the only Point! LOL

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It means that the man is given, by God, the spiritual onus over the home. Women will seek to rule the home, but men will, ultimately, prevail. Women have trouble with this and rage against it, look at the Scandinavian countries to see the results of warring agains this simple truism.

We can rage against God all we want but "It's hard to kick against the goads".

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

It's an important fact to understanding women.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

More accurately God's word says

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Something to remember it will help in aiding to study. Things that are different are not the same.

Sorrow is more that emotional or physical pain. Whoever made the version you quoted changed sorrow to pain effectively diminished the whole meaning of the words of God in doing so. Sorrow encompasses both emotional and physical pain and a whole lot more. It was the same English word used in describing Judas when he knew he had betrayed innocent blood.

Now not only did God say he would multiply her sorrow but something that was left out in the version you quoted was he would also multiply her conception. This is a whole DNA issue. God made it so that women could conceive more often than God originally planned. From that day forth passed down through her DNA to the next generation unto the present women now can conceive at least once every four weeks on the average.

Producing a child could happen every 9 months on a average. I think this was good it speeds up the time to populate the world and bring the conclusion of the whole matter quickly to it end. Some believe the women was designed to pregnant once a year. A season to produce an egg, a season to be impregnated, if impregnation does not take place then a season to break down the Uterus membrane. This one does not mean a woman would bleed and have cramps for three months, that would be extremely cruel. No but rather the breakdown of the Uterus wall would be so slow a woman would not even notice or feel it. With the increase of her conception it increased the severity of the whole menstrual cycle. So increasing the conception increased the pain in the cycle of menstruation from a pain level of zero to ten. Then a season to rebuild the Uterus wall, then the repeat of the whole cycle again. It is quite possible God intended her have a one year cycle. Like the cycle of the four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

No "thy desire shall be to thy husband". What was her desire? Let's look into the context

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
The fruit of that tree was desired to make on wise. I know this sound chauvinistic, but It is not. Women are just as intelligent and sometime more some most men, but when it comes to true wisdom this desire will be for the men. The whole realm of wisdom has to do with God, not the serpent, the old Dragon, the Devil, no it is the Wisdom of God. Notice that other than some instances of prophetesses most women, though really intelligent, when it comes to God giving his wisdom it was not to women but to men. Every book in the Bible was Holy Men spoke as they were moved of God, and Holy Men recorded these words in books and we still have them today.

The fruit of Good and Evil is not the wisdom of God. That gave man the ability to know what is right action and wrong action. That was the Devil's idea of what wisdom was. He himself did not understand the true wisdom of God because his self will, called iniquity, was found in him. That kept Satan, who is wise of this world but he does not have the real wisdom God that God had intended him to have. His own self will kept him from knowing the true wisdom of God. For had he known, well look here,

1Cor 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
Had he known he would not have allowed the crucifixion of Christ.

The same for many in this world, men do not have in themselves the true wisdom of God. In Ecclesiastes Solomon, the Preacher, the King lays out all the wisdom under the Sun and the whole sum and the conclusion was that worldly wisdom comes so short of God's true wisdom that it was all vanity. So he pointed out some major facts of wisdom throughout the book of Eccl for us to learn, 1) When one dies he faces God's judgement (Ecclesiastes 11:9 ), 2) when one dies he goes to a long home (Ecclesiastes 12:5). Long here is in reference to time. And 3) Seek God while you are young (Ecclesiastes 12:1) so that the other two events will result in something that is not vain like just living in this world.

I hope that gives you some insight into the words of God and the questions you had over Gen 3:6.

edit on 12/20/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Very interesting post ChesterJohn.

Thx for posting.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

To God be the glory.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Amen Chester. Remember, remember.

a reply to: ChesterJohn

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Because of that women thrive on compassion I think.
edit on 21-12-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I think the word Sorrow tells us about the Emotional state the woman was given over too and it passed down via DNA after that. Not to say men are not emotional every man came from a woman but the woman was made for man.
edit on 12/21/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I thought it's a warning for biological women not to allow biological men to sneak into women's sports, because they'll literally "rule" you and steal all your hard won trophies, prizes and scholarships.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

LOL!

new topics

top topics

join