It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Conclusions Regarding UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I don't think the occult deserves to be characterised just as

undiscovered laws of physics..

because after all it also gave us chemistry...
And so yes it's always the occult dealing with things before they turn science, but in this case the required leap is somewhat bigger.
Because it's not about something material, or objective
nevertheless it's something. To deny you have thoughts, experiences, a life time story is pretty outrageous, but that's what materialists are doing.
And exactly for the same reason why we first believed in god/s. We want something big! Something meaningful! Something that lays the whole universe at our feet!

And well: No. Right?
We have real issues estimating our true place in the tale of existence. We can only be two things it seems:
God experiencing his/our creation.
Food for "the bad guys".

I applaud your little "evil & good" contemplation.
But what speaks against the nuts & bolts, inferring ET explanation, is the #ing incredible long time scale we're in contact.
Starting with which generation is one finally accepted as "home to Earth"/ terrestrial?

So pressed I'd say my final conclusion is that it's all there what we need to answer the UFO problem, we just got issues admitting it,
because it's not big enough.
Not exotic enough.
Not what we want.

Because it does center around consciousness and we don't value consciousness because it is no thing.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The whole sum of the UFO phenomenon can be summed up in two words.

Blurry Pictures. Or! Blurry Videos.

Its the very definition of Unidentified Flying Object. Because if it was not blurry or out of focus or not clear at all. Then it would be identified. Even if its identification is unknown.

We have so far not even reached the grasping of the unknown.

We are way and far far far from that shore. Were still in diapers crawling around trying not to # ourselfs when it comes to knowing what else is really out there.

And the rest, well the confines of samsara, and the wheel of causality.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I won't argue about uncertainty.

I'ts the only thing we know ;-)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

The whole sum of the UFO phenomenon can be summed up in two words.

Blurry Pictures. Or! Blurry Videos.

Ah the blessings of ignorance! You never had any encounter with anything weirder than a dog in a Batman suit, did you?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Calling 'the occult' "undiscovered laws of physics" does not devalue it; it honors it.

Consciousness is a much tougher problem than even the 'hard problem of consciousness' as proclaimed by neurologists.

The universe itself (or omniverse) may evidence a form of 'quantum consciousness' itself; of a vastly different kind than our type of 'consciousness'.

Is there already a bridge between 'our type' and 'it's type'?

That's been argued a long time.

Or if it doesn't much exist yet, are we evolving in that direction?

Possibly. Possibly not.

There would have to be survival value for us, or for something else, to enfold us
into itself. A positive reason with survival value for either or both parties,

and it would have to be possible.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

the current ATS is 1% owned by a former/current high-level CIA operative.

I'm very curious who will really be buying ATS?

Tom Delong? Bigelow? DARPA? Mormons?

Someone else who owns a 'paranormal entertainment company'? a well-meaning, and wealthy hobbyist?

I'ts off topic, but I hope whomever it is, they banish American politics entirely.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
My original 'occult mentor'; I loved him, I loathed him. No he didn't hit me on the back of a head with a stick. yes, he was a miserable old goat. But I have to give him credit where credit is due.

Like most people who get caught up in 'this stuff', my brains turned to rubbish, when the 'world became so much bigger'.

With, let's call it 'consciousness' seemingly ever expanding, nothing was ever certain.

Today's certainty is tomorrow's rubbish.

If you want to be helpful, 'teaching the controversy', helping people process through the nonsense, seems a much better use of time, when the journey is all you have, and you never reach the far shore, and only an everchanging ocean exists.

Conclusions are like assholes, everybody has one.

But 'showing your work' has some value.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've never shared this..

Shortly before she died, Rosemary Ellen Guiley told me that she was terrified the use she was being put to, by an experiencers research organization. I never got the details, as she then died.

She and I had discussed 'djinn' a fair bit. And we had discussed another UFO summoning experiment.

This was some years ago. I was a much more reckless person at the time.

Death really is nature's way of saying 'slow down'.

;-)

'This business' can be really nasty. All BS aside.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I found your conclusions very interesting and valid. Thank you for putting it in words.

I have seen my share of things, what exactly they were I don't know and I'm open to all possibilities.

On a side note; The new signals picked up at the Parks observatory is exciting news. My fingers are crossed

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I've read the book of George P. Hansen you recommended me in your other thread.

I couldn't express enough gratitude to you for pointing me to what I think I needed to read. It was really insightful, especially on these three years of nihilism I've gone through. Lol, it also crushed the last hope I had put on rationalism when I've decided to to escape nihilism, oh well...

I think from now on I'll refer to "spirit", or "soul" as no words; for it implicitly include my own inability to describe them in anyway. So then I'll use what they are not to discuss about such "subjects".

And thank you for the thread; reading you is bliss!

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm very curious who will really be buying ATS?

Tom Delong? Bigelow? DARPA? Mormons?

Guess we shall find out soon enough?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I just hope this isn't a repeat of SWR purchase.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo

I'm a Star Trek superfan. I mean, I have CBS All Access and have watched every last episode of every last thing!

It would be FASCINATING for something to come of standard alien life.

Well, I do have a theory about 'standard alien life', and in fact a theory I call the analog / digital theory,

but it would be fun to learn more about a more recent alien race, not 'ancient horrors from beyond the rim'
to use a common sci fi motif.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnorantGod

Glad to help.

Actually rationality is critical.. it's a fine caliper tool. It very much has it's uses.

It's just that humans have a varied tool kit, and it's best IMHO to learn the appropriate tool, for the appropriate job.

Both Nihilism and hyper rationality aren't the way to go. Neither is 'spirituality'.

At least it wasn't for me.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

There is a your very general definition of occult, but the way its usually used is to refer to a category of actual practices. And the practice is usually to communicate with otherworldy entities to allow them to interact with this world or gain favors from them.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Yup.

Some words need new definitions to bring out their true utility.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Well, I do believe we somewhat generate what we need, more often than not, in "proper" timing. Though, it doesn't seems to come more from ego, than some subconscious process (probably a mix of "individual" and "collective").

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnorantGod

We certainly see the world in terms of what we need, instead of what it actually is.

Even so, there's lesson's to be had.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: underwerks

Thank you very much for the kind words.

I'd consider posting on another forum, but i'm not aware of any such forum at this time where i'd feel comfortable. I certainly have no interest in Q-CHAN Q-KUN, etc.

As for this:

I’ve had a belief for a while that certain ideas focus our collective intent as a species. When something is believed by enough people it gives it power. Maybe even enough to manifest in a physical way depending on the idea.

I talked to George P. Hansen and a Canadian parapsychologist Eric Ouellet about this,
(you might consider reading this book: ILLUMINATIONS: The UFO Experience as a Parapsychological Event)

There's also an offshoot of the Princeton PEAR project that tracks this sort of thing.

I'm not certain they've made their case.

But i'm certainly open to the 'accidental summoning hypothesis'.

I think there's a missing element that has not been accounted for, in this sort of thinking, or that it's possibly just wrong; but I personally do not think that it's entirely wrong; just that we are missing something.

You can pick my brain some more in this thread if that's helpful. I don't know how long the lights will be on at ATS/UFO Forum.
I'd imagine that some folks don't like that this forum even exists here and it's pretty convenient it may be going away.

We are expected to remain prisoners of the current disinformation initiative you know, the pablum for the masses that we are supposed to swallow.

Thanks for the book recommendation, I’ll definitely check that out. Regarding the summoning hypothesis, I’d like to share a video that I found really interesting and I haven’t seen discussed here. A news crew sets out to do a lighthearted story on a guy who claims he can summon UFOs. Much to the surprise of the news crew, HE ACTUALLY DOES. And they get them on film.

While I don’t understand how this is possible. I’m certain it’s a piece of the puzzle. Certain people seem to attract things like this for whatever reason. I’m one of those people. I’ve had countless sightings, and all my friends that have also seen these things came to the conclusion that I’m the common denominator in their sightings, as crazy as that sounds. Whenever I’m around people tend to have these strange experiences. My girlfriend even saw her first UFO about a week ago with me. Just a light far up in the sky that zoomed really fast to the right, stopped on a dime, then would zoom back the other direction really fast and stop suddenly. We watched it do that for about 30 minutes.

Why do you think certain people tend to attract these kinds of experiences? I’m no one special, just a regular person. But these things have always been a part of my experience, wherever I go. I’ve seen things like this all over the country.
edit on 19-12-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

There do certainly seem to be 'strange super spreaders'.

I was one a while back, apparently, myself, until I made
an adjustment to stop it.

Contrary to much belief otherwise, having strange experiences is not necessarily a productive thing, even from the standpoint of research. I'm not saying that it's 'evil'.

We need to deal with things like runaway global warming, the destruction of the oceans which produce 40% of the world's oxygen (about). We need to become sane as a species.

Then it would be much safer to investigate such things.

There's still a lot of stuff that I'm sitting on, but I've never met even one person that I'm inclined to share it with, let alone to scream it from a roof top.

I'm not saying that I'm massively correct about everything, but some of what I know, a 12-year-old could do, and with it, destroy themselves. I can't give loaded assault weapons to children.

Kev

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join