It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Force airman demoted for skipping training to buy PlayStation 5

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I served with some of the smartest and strongest people some of them were damn near world class athletes and scholars. I should be more like them. High respect and honor for my brothers in the air force, Worked with some of their controllers and trained with some PJ's in Virginia awesome people super great and professional. Shiny gears in the clock.

I work today with some really smart and devoted marines. At FOBs it ranged from special forces, NSW, UAV teams and your typical basic 03 marine.. All the special groups were always top notch...the 03 side was a little rough at times.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They are all good people and I have respect and feel honored among the ranks.

I am no longer serving and my war right now is with myself, I need to fight blood pressure issues and stress out my ass. Have some serious relationship problems too, but I always find solace and peace among my war fighters. We are all connected, we have a human tendency in real life stronger then what a social network could ever provide. Could have a clear understanding in a 7 minute conversation without bull # war stories.
edit on 18-12-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
LOL.

To be honest, after I retired I worked on the F-35 at Eglin, and the Marine dudes were far more professional than the AF dudes.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
LOL.

To be honest, after I retired I worked on the F-35 at Eglin, and the Marine dudes were far more professional than the AF dudes.

Do you got any cool pictures of them up close you can post? I was at cherry point and saw them as an experimental craft and had to be debriefed what we saw we didn't see. The F 22 and 35 are some of the coolest things I got to see. I really wish I could see the exposed engines and controls but I know that stuff is tucked away. My fascination is there for sure.

On topic if I was in the Air Force I would've vertically enveloped an F35 in front of game stop and got my PS5 in style.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
Shut up and give me back my crayons.

Not true though.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

eff him ill share mine

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I dont unfortunately. Not because we couldnt, they were all on my old laptop that crashed. That engine is so powerful it lulls you to sleep standing beside it. The cockpit looks totally boring....till all the TV screens light up.

a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Remember the old tale about Saddam buying PS2s to link them together to form a missile guidance computer?

Maybe the space force is doing the same thing, but for Rods from God.

This disciplinary is merely a coverup to hide the true nature of the project from prying eyes.

Far more fun than the mundane, boring and real reason.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
replied to wrong member.

edit on 18-12-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: wrong member

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I wanted to be in the USMC Infantry as an 0311, where not only was I a rifleman I got advanced Comm training, Observer training for calling in arms and other things, specialized technical training in the repair and maintenance of heavy machine guns and other equipment etc etc. I don't know too many Airmen that would want to do my job. I think it is disingenuous to make it sound like one branch is smarter then another.

don't forget that we were taught how to kill with a rock, brick, tree branch, etool, helmet, damn near anything handy.
also they taught us not to piss on our hands when we take a leak.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I was at Hurlburt Field for a few years. I loved the beaches.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Standard stuff miss PT and you get Article 15. UCMJ treats it as abandoning your duties. Only way not to be at PT is you got prior permission from commander or your on sick call. He cost himself quite a bit of money since he will lose about 200.00 a month and they can withhold pay as well.
edit on 12/18/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Shut up and give me back my crayons.

Not true though.

No crayons in the AF... That is most definitely a Marine joke used by Marines all the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Standard stuff miss PT and you get Article 15. UCMJ treats it as abandoning your duties. Only way not to be at PT is you got prior permission from commander or your on sick call. He cost himself quite a bit of money since he will lose about 200.00 a month and they can withhold pay as well.

I was in the AF.....What is PT?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: dashen

To Infinity - AND BEYOND

Demotion in the Air Force/Space force is kind of a big deal compared to the Army...

How so? Busted from E-4 to E-3 in both cases. What is different? All the armed services use the same ranking system.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

How so? Busted from E-4 to E-3 in both cases. What is different? All the armed services use the same ranking system.

In the Army they will bust you for lessor infractions so in the AF it is somewhat of a rare event, not so much in the Army.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Major Buzz Lightyear must have been furious.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I was in the AF.....What is PT?

I think that was the problem the airforce doesnt care and these people transfered from the airforce to space command and they are following marine rules. Army navy or marines you miss PT your in trouble.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think that was the problem the airforce doesnt care and these people transfered from the airforce to space command and they are following marine rules. Army navy or marines you miss PT your in trouble.

Army and Marines yes, but Navy? I saw the fattest people in the Navy... I was like how do they get a uniform that big????

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This would never happen in the Army, you were in PT formation @0630 or you're DEAD when the 1st Srgt comes looking for you.

...even worse if you worked S3 like me and had the SrgtMajor breathing down your neck all day everyday.......

Military cultures for you.

Also, PT @11 is comical, considering we're on lunch in 30 till 1300.
edit on 18-12-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join