It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Lock Downs Work ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
... why is California the national epicenter?

Seriously, the state that has been strictly locked down forever with many of the nation's strictest mandates and harshest imposed lock downs also now has more cases than many countries in the world.

What gives? I thought all this stuff was supposed to work.

California - the country's largest and richest state - is the new epicenter of America's coronavirus crisis, with unprecedented surges of seriously infected patients threatening to overwhelm hospitals and overflow morgues.

The state is reporting unnerving numbers: California has set nationwide records for new cases again and again in the past week - most recently on Wednesday, when it posted more than 41,000 infections. If California were a country, it would be among the world leaders in new covid-19 cases, ahead of India, Germany and Britain.

So in California, people cannot hide from the 'Rona. It seems that maybe the measures there are not working as intended, or maybe they had the opposite effect -- people got tired of being locked inside and stopped listening after nearly a year. Either way, Newsome seems to have done gone and messed this one up.

Or maybe it's just that it's all immaterial and we're going to get it one way or the other. I don't know, but California isn't looking like the poster child for avoiding serious issues at the moment.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The proof is in the pudding ain’t it.

Californians are definitely tired of the lockdowns. How do I know? Because they are all flocking to my state. Half the license plates are Cali where I live.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Mornin' K...they do have a proclivity to have these huge parties....dunno myself..

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Kind of like gun laws... The cities with the most strict gun laws are the cities with the most gun crime... Common denominator here is democrats. They run the cities/states with the most strict lockdowns and have the most cases. In no ironic twist, democrats don't wear masks off camera, just like they all have paid and armed security to protect them. These people are screwed once America wakes up.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Wait...WHAT???

Lockdowns don't work, you say????

NAAAAWWWWWWW, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

**Shocked look**

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think it falls into the whole "rules for thee, not for me" mindset.

I see it in youths, lockdown, still cars filled with kids off to see their honey pots and complete disregard.

Edit: Not making a generation blame, I've seen plenty of elderly people do it too.
edit on 12/18/2020 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I said it myself way back at the start -- most people would likely follow along with good will for a while, but you weren't going to get healthy people to shut down their lives like that unless you saw major, bodies in the streets style consequences which just simply never really happened.

Then you have the politicos not playing by their own rules all over too.

People are done. They've concluded that the cure is worse than the disease, and we've all heard stories for years that California's health care system is crumbling for various reasons.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Because:

Can you blame them?

If you were 20 and had a 0% chance of dying from this flu — would you stay in your moms basement for a year or longer?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Then you have the politicos not playing by their own rules all over too.

THIS right there! Their behavior actually encourages people to not follow their rules.

It’s like being a teenager and being told all your life that alcohol is bad. Yet you see your parents and everyone else, indulging frequently, having a merry time.

I started drinking at 14. Pickin’ up what I’m puttin’ down?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
I think it falls into the whole "rules for thee, not for me" mindset.

I see it in youths, lockdown, still cars filled with kids off to see their honey pots and complete disregard.

Edit: Not making a generation blame, I've seen plenty of elderly people do it too.

I can't blame them. I still haven't worn a mask anywhere and I've worked and carried on with daily life since it all started. I've gotten a couple of weird looks or under-the0breath grumbles for not wearing a mask. I can tell you right now that if I was a kid, I'd go against this simply because it's retarded. They all probably feel the same way.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Yeah, our son is all "alcohol is BAD!" But we're frank with him that we often cook with it, and that we do drink it from time to time. We tell him that a little here and there isn't a bad thing and that when he's older, he'll have the option to try it out but at the moment it's just not a good idea for him because it takes some getting used to and takes important control.

We follow the local rules, but our state isn't a lock down state too. Our mayor would prefer it, but he's outnumbered so the best he can do is masking and to terrorize bars with the health department.

edit on 18-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Seriously, the state that has been strictly locked down forever with many of the nation's strictest mandates and harshest imposed lock downs also now has more cases than many countries in the world.

California - the country's largest and richest state - is the new epicenter of America's coronavirus crisis, with unprecedented surges of seriously infected patients threatening to overwhelm hospitals and overflow morgues.

The state is reporting unnerving numbers: California has set nationwide records for new cases again and again in the past week - most recently on Wednesday, when it posted more than 41,000 infections. If California were a country, it would be among the world leaders in new covid-19 cases, ahead of India, Germany and Britain.

So in California, people cannot hide from the 'Rona. It seems that maybe the measures there are not working as intended, or maybe they had the opposite effect -- people got tired of being locked inside and stopped listening after nearly a year. Either way, Newsome seems to have done gone and messed this one up.

Or maybe it's just that it's all immaterial and we're going to get it one way or the other. I don't know, but California isn't looking like the poster child for avoiding serious issues at the moment.

You also have to take case counts with a grain of salt too.... CA is an epicenter only because of how the data is being propagandized. 41,000 infections does not mean 41,000 new cases of severe COVID. Just means 41,000 postive tests using an overly sensitive PCR test. 40,900 probably aren't even symtomatic.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What makes you think California has been under lockdown? Go to the IHME COVID-19 website and do a little research:

covid19.healthdata.org...

You can see that California’s mask use and social distancing numbers, for example have been virtually identical to places like Florida and Texas, for quite a while. That was until the most recent lockdown which has only been in place for a week or so. There’s about a 2 week lag time for infections and deaths to start showing up in the statistics. The infections and deaths that we are experiencing in California right now basically reflect our behavior from the Thanksgiving weekend.

California’s behavior around COVID-19 has been about the same as in many other states, but we are the most populous state. That’s why we are the “epicenter”.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You can run but you can't hide
Rona will find you...Rona knows where you are lurking , Rona the destroyer will know beforehand your every move.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Lockdowns do work.

Telling people to lock down doesn't.
They'll be protesting or shooting protesters.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The whole situation in Cali is a mess ! We have hospital’s that won’t allow visitors even when the MD’s request family be let in, the admin refuses
Over worked nurses trying to help patients and keep family in the loop by phone, I know for a fact patients get better care with loved ones there as their advocates.

We have MD’s and vaccine whistleblowers dying under mysterious circumstances, other MD’s having their medical licenses challenged if they challenge death certificate’s being shown as COVID deaths, so who knows what to think?

They are also forcing anyone that needs any type of medical attention to take COVID tests, that even the MD’s say are flawed and give false/negative results.

On a side note, I’ve long left LA behind and live in smaller rural area of Cali, whole different world, one of my childhood buddies just moved out of LA to a rural area, lol, she told me that the trades / workmen coming in and out brought up politics in some way and once she made it clear they voted conservative they were much friendlier!! The second night they were there, a big Trump rally was happening downtown, her and hubby went and had a blast.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Rona will find you...Rona knows where you are lurking , Rona the destroyer will know beforehand your every move.

Something I've really wondered.
If we did truly lock down (not the fake lock down that has been happening)
Could Covid truly be eradicated, or would it pop up somewhere?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Kenzo

Something I've really wondered.
If we did truly lock down (not the fake lock down that has been happening)
Could Covid truly be eradicated, or would it pop up somewhere?

All it takes is one sick guy to cough. And that guy can wait until you are done locking down just fine. I seem to remember the Kiwi bragging about the whole island being covid free after a lockdown. Then after a bit, not so much.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The reports i read from different sources point out that lockdowns have never worked, instead lockdowns may cause increased mortality by various reasons. I really think lockdowns were dead end from start. Now many people with other medical care needs than covid are in worse shape which is time bomb, part of those will die and will most likely get covid-19 writed to death certificate.

Sunshine and fresh air , vitamin D help more when there is no lockdown .

A Lesson From the Spanish Flu: Sunshine and Fresh Air are Our Best Friends Right Now

One form of Vitamin D is really more effective , i dont remember the name..not D2 or D3 ...but form which need prescription...that would probably give similar effects what Sunshine did in Spanish flu time.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
They certainly work, but nowhere in America has actually been locked down. If you're not around people with a virus, you won't catch a virus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join