It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter to Censor Vaccine Claims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
COVID-19: Our approach to misleading vaccine information

As the world continues to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and prepare for the global distribution of vaccines, people continue to turn to Twitter to discuss what’s happening and find the latest authoritative public health information.

Earlier this year, we shared our approach around the conversation surrounding COVID-19 on Twitter and today we’re providing additional guidance on how we plan to address misleading information around COVID-19 vaccinations. Starting next week, we will prioritize the removal of the most harmful misleading information, and during the coming weeks, begin to label Tweets that contain potentially misleading information about the vaccines.

In the context of a global pandemic, vaccine misinformation presents a significant and growing public health challenge — and we all have a role to play. We are focused on mitigating misleading information that presents the biggest potential harm to people's health and wellbeing. Twitter has an important role to play as a place for good faith public debate and discussion around these critical public health matters.

Under our current policy, we already require the removal of Tweets that include false or misleading information about:

The nature of the virus, such as how it spreads within communities;
The efficacy and/or safety of preventative measures, treatments, or other precautions to mitigate or treat the disease;
Official regulations, restrictions, or exemptions pertaining to health advisories; and
The prevalence or risk of infection or death.

Moving forward and beginning next week, we are expanding the policy and may require people to remove Tweets which advance harmful false or misleading narratives about COVID-19 vaccinations, including:

False claims that suggest immunizations and vaccines are used to intentionally cause harm to or control populations, including statements about vaccines that invoke a deliberate conspiracy;
False claims which have been widely debunked about the adverse impacts or effects of receiving vaccinations; or
False claims that COVID-19 is not real or not serious, and therefore that vaccinations are unnecessary.

blog.twitter.com...

I'm glad we can trust PhD tagged Twitter Authority to tell us what to believe. I guess when people begin dropping dead from the vaccine or not able to have children we can just blame those pesky Russians—they probably hacked the needle!

You're a professional but don't know when you have an empty syringe?

Allegedly, this is the first COVID-19 vaccinations at UMC this week.

twitter.com...

Better save that video right there before the Ministry of Globalist Truth decides it's "Disinformation."

Hey! You guys remember when Twitter was censoring the President of the United States? That was great, eh?

edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago0812699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

I wonder if they will censor the death of Brandy Vaughn?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Do they censor all the people claiming vaccines cause autism?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Do they censor all the people claiming vaccines cause autism?

Before or after Covid?

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Leftist feelings are important.
Shielding them from opinions that differ from mainstream media narrative is imperative.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So they censor the truth and promote false information to give the false information credibility, while playing down the truth. Pravda.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hey! You guys remember when Twitter was censoring the President of the United States? That was great, eh?

Hey...remember when nobody gave the slightest # about twitter before trump decided to use it as his official platform for saying dumb # and turned it into the world's source for official information?
edit on 17/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Hey...remember when nobody gave the slightest # about twitter before trump decided to use it as his official platform for saying dumb # and turned it into the world's source for official information?

Hey remember when Trump brought censorship to the forefront for every one to see?

edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago2201699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

No, all he did was make everyone else talking about it instantly look non-credible and insane.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

No, all he did was make everyone else talking about it instantly look non-credible and insane.

How's that possible when [popular] Twitter handles that aren't pushing retard MSM logic are getting deleted left and right?
edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago5902699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

This isn't helping the Pro Covid Vax argument, that's for sure.

The more they hide, the more it looks like they got something to hide. Shifty Bastages ...

I'll never take their thrown together Vax...

Can anyone say “long term effects”?

Twitter can do what they want, though.

edit on 12/17/2020 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Great, now I'm going to have to continue to not use twitter.
Now, how deal with brainwashed voters that do.
They are the actual threat.
Well, that and the gov running Twitter and using it to flame division while pretending it's private.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Great, now I'm going to have to continue to not use twitter.
Now, how deal with brainwashed voters that do.
They are the actual threat.
Well, that and the gov running Twitter and using it to flame division while pretending it's private.

Twitter was originally built on technology to topple countries. It's being used by rogue elements, which explains why the White House is at war with Big Tech.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

So you think a company with a revolving door policy with intelligence servcies should be able censor whom ever the like for their own political narrative.
They should fall under public utilities companies and be rid of this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If I found Twitter to be unreliable, I wouldn't use Twitter.

I hear Parler is a viable alternative.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: MykeNukem

So you think a company with a revolving door policy with intelligence servcies should be able censor whom ever the like for their own political narrative.
They should fall under public utilities companies and be rid of this nonsense.

Ok, I never said I agreed with what they are doing....

Doesn't mean it isn't their business...

I don't think they should have protections if they want to play games, but that's another topic.

Lobby to have any company that has protections write a EULA that has clearly spelt out rules that can't be interpreted through a partisan lense.....

Until then, it's their Fn company...

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If I found Twitter to be unreliable, I wouldn't use Twitter.

I hear Parler is a viable alternative.

You find Twitter reliable?😂😂😂😂😂
Explains a LOT.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
❗😃 TPCP = Total Population Control Propaganda 😃❗

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
nvm, ATS forums BBC code doesn't work.
edit on 17-12-2020 by Echo007 because: BBC code is broken

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I remember Trump being on twitter before running for president and I remember the democrats and media in love with him before he became a republican . That is strange , they liked Reagan when he was a democrat but twitter wasn't around to censor him .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join