It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cattitude

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Cattitude

Acrylic paint and Posca paint pens
12x12" canvas (December 17th, 2020)

This painting is the final project for my Irish Literature class--a cultural contributions project. I chose to make a painting.

Pangur Bán heavily inspired in my choice of subject matter. Specifically, the lines, “So in peace our task we ply, / Pangur Ban, my cat, and I; In our arts we find our bliss” (Heaney Pangur Bán). To create this piece, I used a 12x12 inch canvas and created a hand-drawn sketch of my cat which I then transferred to the canvas using graphite paper. From there, my materials were acrylic paints along with Posca pens—which are Japanese acrylic paint pens and are fantastic for adding fine detail (and just really fun to play around with).

It's my final class before I graduate in a couple days, earning a magna cum laude & my degree in Psychology. I've had a fun time.

Have a good evening & Merry Christmas! Also, congratulations to all graduates this semester!
edit on 17-12-2020 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Talent. You got it. The art is original.

You'll do well after your grad.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Well shucks. That is very kind of you to say! Being debt-free is certainly a start--now, time to get a full-time job.

Best,

Rukia

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Isn't that Growltiger?
(Not Macavity, anyway. Nobody ever sees Macavity.)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Glad to hear. Keep your painting skill up as a hobby. Perhaps advertise on line. I'd buy that canvass. Looks like my cat.

My regards,

Bally.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Isn't that Growltiger?
(Not Macavity, anyway. Nobody ever sees Macavity.)

Might be a bit off topic here but are you talking about Phillip?

Bally

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm quoting two of the names mentioned in the "Book of Practical Cats".
The name "Phillip" means nothing to me, so I don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

What? No Monet?

You must be Baroque.

I'll let myself out... like the proverbial bagged cat.
edit on 17-12-2020 by Psilocyborg because: A very fine painting. Good job.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

That cat 🐈 looks a little Van Goghnian to me. One part of you is fighting against realism and trying to deliver what you can't with words. Isn't it channeling?

In other words, I like it a lot.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

That's really big compliment! Thank you, Bally.

I could certainly do high quality prints. Honestly, I don't know if I could part with the originals, currently. I could start by making a DeviantArt or something. I will let you know through a PM

Also, I definitely plan on continuing to explore painting--hopefully with different types of media, as well. In the future, I may well sell original pieces. Thank you very much for the encouragement!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Gosh! Thank you, Trueman! Your analysis is really interesting and brings to light the multiplicity inherent to creative expression. Perhaps you saw a part of me in there--you seem to have caught the fact that I wanted to express a part of my cat, but that part is indeed ineffable.

That's awesome

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Congratulations and your art is fun and beautiful! I look at this picyure and want to give the cat a treat!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

fantastic job with both the painting and your school. And with your debt.
Having it figured out and being smart enough to enjoy it is a rare thing.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor. You earned them.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Nice picture of the royal line here, cats are the rulers of most households. At least they believe they are.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I'm quoting two of the names mentioned in the "Book of Practical Cats".
The name "Phillip" means nothing to me, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Just an old dad joke mate. Sorry. Thinking of the Irish dentist 'Phillip McCavity'. The poster mentioned Irish literature.

My silly sense of humor. Comes with my age.

Cheers,

Bally.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thank you everyone! It really means a lot to me. I just want you all to know that you guys really helped me with essay ideas in the past--so really, I could have never done so well without all of my awesome associates at ATS. I love you guys!
!
P.S. for anyone thinking of going to school: I waited until I was independent so I could claim FAFSA. It ended up that the school (public) paid me extra to attend. I went fully online and it was great. Originally started at Loyola--came back because who the heck wants to pay $40k/yr for a bachelors, right?

So for all of you who have kids or who are thinking of going back to school themselves, this is what I did and it really paid off to wait.
I am 29 now, but--I am ecstatic. Thank you all for being so supportive and kind

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

That's really big compliment! Thank you, Bally.

I could certainly do high quality prints. Honestly, I don't know if I could part with the originals, currently. I could start by making a DeviantArt or something. I will let you know through a PM

Also, I definitely plan on continuing to explore painting--hopefully with different types of media, as well. In the future, I may well sell original pieces. Thank you very much for the encouragement!

I have a Dali lithograph. Would prefer the original. Have a lot of Aboriginal Art.

I like original canvasses.

My regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You are referencing CATS aren't you???!

How absolute dare!

Ah, that movie brings back weird memories of being forced to watch the old version when I was a kiddo in middle school. Tell me: Does it look like Growltiger? Tis my kitty, Kitone! I will admit it'd be pretty neat if she looked like a recognizable character lol

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I PM'd you--add me up on Facebook if you are able and we will talk more, since such talk is forbidden here on the hallowed grounds of ATS

Looking forward to speaking with you further!

~Rukia

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Actually I'm referencing the original book of poems. As usual, the adaptation spoiled the book. I particularly disliked the way the composer slowed down the natural bouncing rhythm of "Macacvity".
I just went by his expression. He looks like a Growltiger.

edit on 17-12-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join