It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet ARTUµ your AI copilot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
In a recent test by the Air Force, a U-2 with the ARTUµ system installed successfully found simulated missile launchers, while the AI system ran the aircraft sensors. The system took control of the on board sensors after takeoff, and hunted for the launchers, while the pilot monitored the sensors watching for hostile aircraft. The system had been put through half a million simulated training iterations prior to the flight. The AI also performed tactical navigation over the simulated battlefield, and was able to switch the radar system between search and self defense, without relying on the pilot to override it. The system is based on the µZero program that is used in Go, chess, and video games.

ARTUµ appears to be related to the Agile Condor that was first delivered in 2016. Agile Condor used onboard computing, and machine learning to assist with detecting targets of interest. It was flown on an MQ-9 Reaper, and was expected to be integrated on the Reaper in 2019.

www.af.mil...

taskandpurpose.com...

www.popularmechanics.com...

www.uasvision.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

As much as I may have some reservations about AI, it is an inevitability of the future. I'll be interested to see how this continues to be developed.

Also, I love the name. Maybe the second iteration will be called ARTU-D2.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

We're at the point now where something is needed to help with information gathering. There's so much coming in now with new sensors, and systems that you almost need more bandwidth than is available if you're going to transmit to a ground station. If you have multiple aircraft trying to transmit at the same time, your ground station is going to see a serious case of information overload just trying to get the information downloaded.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

edit on 12/16/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Deepmind is skynet!

Isn't this fast progress for field testing? Kinda scary really. With cloud computing and fully integrated systems the sky really is the limit. First time I've heard of the agile condor system too.

So who was the co-pilot? Thinking about some of the drone systems being tested I can't help but think that'll be a less humorous question.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

It is pretty fast, but they piggybacked on an existing, developed system, which was a huge assist in getting it up and running.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ai to pilot..Is it this target?Is it this one?Is it this one?Is it this one?Is it this one?Is it this one?Is it this one?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Bring on the Clone Wars!~

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
“Would you like to play a game?”

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
“Would you like to play a game?”

*judgement day intensifies*

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie Stealth from 2005.

new topics

top topics

join